1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

A Frosty Offensive! - Dread Frost Arrives 12/23 - 1/5

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Rinny, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Syuri

Syuri Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe the ratio is better, but for the team thats just so so like mine, still better the elt frostor.. :D i barely can win the dread..

2. Natholf

Natholf Member

I found the dread more easy than frostor

3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member Supporter

lucky you, me i got wiped out in first turn.....

4. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Get the 50% wind/ice resist buff and done for this event. This week will be boring. Next two day i will spend my energy for cartuar dune to lvl up my 2nd chiz , trade units system will always a dream.::ink::

5. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

I don't think so , more hp and more dmg also. The only thing make us think it's more easier is coz no boxes go with it.

6. himura32

himura32 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    CHIZURU
    do u think that Having 2 nd chizuru will help on future content? i don't have any base 5 star unit

7. Natholf

Natholf Member

Maybe because I kill him in three turn and the only things he use was focus power and smash

8. Veritas of the Wine

Veritas of the Wine Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Just beat the Pro version, but my Chizuru went down before the end of the fight (probably because she had Ifrit equipped, but she needs the DPS boost). I'm F2P & my current setup is Refia (with fire rod for damage when she isn't healing), CoD, Cecil, Chizuru (with Chirijiraden), Exdeath, all 6* max. I took a friend's Lightning with me (570 attack, which is the best I currently have available). Not sure I want to risk 23 NRG on Elite, even with the 708 attack friend Noctis I was saving for it.

I do have a Noctis myself, but I only pulled him two days ago, so he is only at 6* lv73 at the moment & is my only 5* base, because RNGesus hates me. Do you guys think it is realistically possible to beat Elt with my current team & the friend Noctis, or should I power level mine first & then turf out my Chizuru for hybrid Noctis with Diablos? I'm just short of the final summon ticket, which I intend on getting & I'm aware that I'd probably need to sacrifice everything else from the event to level him in time (which isn't a huge problem, as I have quite a few 6* awakening mats hanging around from the last event & no urgent need of them, but those burst pots would be nice for Noctis).

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  9. Fantasy

Fantasy Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    It's possible to do Dread Frost ELT with your team, you only need patience in doing it, don't rush to kill him. Keep priority to keep your team alive while chunk his HP away as much as you can. Also if your Noctis has decent high HP, swap Cecil with Noctis. Also bring Turbo Ether and Ether since you won't kill him fast enough and need to recharge your MP.

1st turn : Refia (Embolden), CoD (Omni-Veil), your Noctis (Thunder Flask), friend Noctis (Warp Break), Chizuru (Barrage), Exdeath (Dual Black Magic - Meteor - Meteor)

For next turns, you need to adjust the strategy depends on Dread Frost's actions. Just keep up the debuffs on him and the buffs on your team to reduce the damage. Don't attack using Refia. You'll need her to heal, and if Dread Frost uses Focusing Power, then Refia uses Guard stance to reduce damage in case she receives Smash. Also don't forget to use Osmose for your Exdeath when your MP is quite low (you can use Dual Black Magic - Meteor - Osmose so you won't waste a turn). Even if your team is just average, I think you'll only need 7-8 turns max to kill him, and faster if your team is stronger.

Eynskaet and Veritas of the Wine like this.
  10. Hibernis

Hibernis Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    You can definitely beat him with that team and even the 570 ATK friend.
    My team is slightly worse than yours: Cecil, CoD, Chizuru, Tilith and ExDeath.

1st turn:

Cecil - Barblizzara (equipped) -> Switch to Winter Ward once you get it.
    Chizuru - Glint
    CoD - Barrage
    Tilith - Celestial Light
    ExDeath - Double Meteor
    Friend - Strongest attack

2nd turn

Cecil - Provoke
    Tilith - Heal
    Repeat everything else.

Basically the only commands that change for me are Cecil and Tiliths.

The Dread dies in 5 ~7 turns

Tip: remember to equip Ice Shield, Snowstorm Shield, Ice Armor and Shiva on your units to boost their ice resistence.

11. AnnieMae

AnnieMae Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Exdeath
    You can also try to replace Cecil with a breaker. Wol would be good if you have him coz he's also a tank. I use full break until I reduce his mag and atk.

My current team is cod (ifrit with the festival stuff), wol, refia (shiva), exdeath and lightning. My lightning has an ATK of less than 500 (equipped diablos for the demon killer) and I bring a friend, usually from 500-650 dmg, preferably with diablos.

I also prefer using lightning's area blast with chiz's glint for the chain.

12. Omega911

Omega911 Active Member

Global ID:
    614 888 812
    bring Elza :) makes it a lot more easier as you can get double dmg out of it

13. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Thats how I kill him in one turn. She'll have a place on my team for quite a while with that break.

14. Vulgar

Vulgar Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    921 482 061
    If you don't have any 5 star base units, I believe two of them will do work for you. Chizuru can chain with herself for very high damage. So if you have a second Chiz, I would level her if I were you.

15. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

His mag should be double than elt normal lvl coz he does more dmg in blizzardga to my team and he nearly kill my wwfina by using his smash.

16. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

I plan to make a chaining party , 2 chiz edgar wwfina and another unit for end dmg ( maybe garland when his 6* release).

17. Khidir

Khidir Active Member

This made me smle and made my mind wander for a bit; of course you would have the given WTF and ORLY there could be modes like

"Dyer" rank

Requirements:
    -sacrifice ten virgin kittens

Oboi difficulty

Boss of the month uses the nVission effect

You see 3 Noctis spawn alongside the boss Oboi style and they're human controlled.

Which brings an interesting thought, what if we had an event where the boss could summon their own visions, be an interesting wrinkle

18. Thaddeus

Thaddeus Member

Global ID:
    764 311 344
    Leads:
    570ExDeath, 654Chiz, 585Firion
    <3 dread version because I still need to farm event points but I also get 30k exp! woot! to that, not as efficient as running an exploration but I get two benefits with just the dread.

19. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

FaRFrOmPoOpIn Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    well tickle a tiger and call me a panty snatcher, this failed attempt to make another Halloween event with not even half the rewards and call it a "Raid", that thing they have on the JP version that is not even a comparison, yeah that thing. well this is not even worthy of continuing.

20. Veritas of the Wine

Veritas of the Wine Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    T
    Thanks! He's dead now. ::up::