1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Ariana Grande Collaboration Event! 1/19

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Sapphire, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FF Fan since NES

FF Fan since NES Well-Known Member

Agree! Agree! Agreed!! Well said Jolo. People are gonna attack us & say it's about sexism & not accepting change. But I was always told " if it's not broke, don't try to fix it".

2. Jose

Jose Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    Indeed, let us burn everything

:>

Nafarian, CrovaxSK and bwompX2 like this.
  3. VincentB1ack

VincentB1ack Member

Global ID:
    yeh maybe some dont like her like me but i dont start witch hunt for that
    this is like they add something u hate so much
    i dont like her erotic music video or lyrics of her music but its personal problem not a world wide problem like tsunami

4. FF Fan since NES

I hear ya Vincent. I really really like the game also. I have a great time getting home from work & chilling to play it. But if we accept this, it's gonna get waaaay worse. It won't even be FF anymore. It'll be celebrity endorsed with ads everywhere.

5. FF Fan since NES

If u allow to add 1,, many more will follow. If u build it, they will come. Lol

6. VincentB1ack

VincentB1ack Member

Global ID:
    man ur main problem is what she wear
    also we have many FF char dont hide all his body under cover also u play all FF series u got my mean

7. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

So much drama over this and it's getting exactly the responses gumi was hoping for. So much publicity lol. Guaranteed in a few months after her event or whatever, we'll have moved on as if it never happened. I'm betting sooner than that.

8. Cherub

Cherub Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina
    Literally none of the other final fantasy units are referenced in Brave Exvius's story except for Rain Laswell Fina and others.

By your logic, it makes absolutely no sense for this game's story that ANY OTHER CHARACTER should appear as a unit. It's not "consistent".
    Why on earth are Gilgamesh, Lightning, Luneth, and Exdeath fighting together when the story only shows Rain and his gang? The story is not consistent.
    At this point "the immersion" is already imploded on itself. This is a CROSSOVER game. There isn't literally a single ounce of "consistency" to it.

Does it make sense for her to be in the game, no, but you don't need to be disrespectful to people that /like/ that its happening. There is a huge difference between what I said and what you think I said.

And none of your examples even match up to reality. Ariana isn't a main character in this game. The examples you gave are not real. You can't compare "selena gomez being a main character in ff15" or "Kim Kardashian being the main character of Pokemon" because that compares nothing to Ariana getting an OPTIONALLY played, limited time event in a free mobile side game that isn't even canon.

You're playing a mobile game. They market it a ton on social media sites.
    Collabs happen all over the place on these kinds of games.
    And Ariana is extremely popular on the internet (the 3rd most popular person on the entire internet according to social media sites)
    and shes also extremely popular in both Japan and the west.

After the event is over you will literally never again have to deal with this other than MAYBE seeing her unit in friends lists or in the Arena and thats only if she's top tier. From the video, she only had 2850 HP which puts her in the range of 5 Star. So that isn't likely.

9. Junmyeon

Junmyeon Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fryevia
    It's a cross-promotion mate, Square Enix most likely asked Ariana to sing an ost for FFBE to raise the game's profile. Either Square Enix paid Ariana to do this or she was happy to contribute a part to the game freely which is still going to benefit her as well in the end (promotional benefits). But it's not like Square Enix is going to spam pictures of Ariana Grande in the game. Lastly, I believe her collaboration banner is a form of appreciation from Square Enix for the girl.

Swapping out one of the main characters of FF XV or any other game with Selena Gomez is a whole different thing. Sure Ariana is going to have her lore as well and is likely to even have her own dungeon, but no, she's not going to be part of the main story which we already know how the story is going to be like in GL from JP.

10. Junmyeon

Leads:
    Fryevia
    my thoughts exactly.

Kira likes this.
  11. Jolobrolo

Jolobrolo New Member

Okay so just because shes extremely popular shes in this game. What kind of sense does that make?

12. Junmyeon

Leads:
    Fryevia
    If she's in the game solely because she's extremely popular then Beyonce, Rihanna, and gazillion others would be in the game as well. Read.

13. Jolobrolo

Jolobrolo New Member

Idc if my argument wasnt perfect. Okay so kims not a main character, maybe next time you come acroos an awesome new esper in ff16 its TAYLOR SWIFT, and everytime you summon her she dazzles the enemy with SHAKE IT OFF. collaboration or not. By your logic you would have no problem with the new event featuring a cow. Cows are so popular, literally so many people eat beef. LOL idk this is how i see it. Arianas not hurting me by her being included in the game and im not hurting you by expressing my opinion.

14. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina
    Because games are actually a business believe it or not and the creators of these games prioritize making money over catering to what fanboys consider "consistent".

This is going to be an enormous success for this game in both Japan and the West. Diehard FF fanboys are actually a very small minority of the people that play this game. My boyfriend has seen a 40 year old mom playing this game at a bus stop. There were 5 million downloads in the first 30 days of this game's release. Thats almost as much as Final Fantasy 13 EVER made. FF12 sold 6 million total.

Pris and Andoria like this.
  15. Arwen

Arwen Member

So, regardless of liking her presence or not, what do they mean by collaboration event? I mean last time it was between BF and BE both games had events going and each completion in one helped gather rewards for the other... In this case... ideas?

16. Jolobrolo

Jolobrolo New Member

JS if they cared about their fans they would just come up with a new design on a cool character... but if all they care about is money they feature the 3rd most popular star in the world and have her advertise on her own instagram to all the 11 year old girls that follow her on IG. Ariana Grande has 93.3 million followers on instagram, this is not an update for the fans, it is an advertisement to get females to spend their money on this game. I wouldnt be mad if she was in this game because there were alot of pop fans or something, but the ONLY reason is so they can get $$$$$ and they dont care if they sully the world of Final Fantasy with it.

17. FF Fan since NES

Please don't do this square enix. :.( If u do, then you'll think it's ok to add others later on like- Justin Bieber, Katie Perry, Matt Damon, Miley Cyrus, The Rock, all the finalists from Americas got Talent, that guy from the Bachleorette (all of them). Boss fights include- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Steven Hawkins, Arnold Swartzeniger┬┐, Hulk Hogan, Bruce Willis, Honey BooBoo & Oprah Winfrey.- so please,,keep it about the FF.

18. Jolobrolo

Jolobrolo New Member

Whats truly terrible is i wouldnt even be mad if she had like actually made a song for this game or something. but its literally just a remix lol. Chances are the producers, and people who will be making the musical score will never even be in the same room as Ariana.

19. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Just hope they will make a vote for add a pop star into a ff game. I will very happy voted "No, never". We are not looking for a pop star in a ff game. Btw i hope her and anything else come with her are limited only.

20. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina
    Please explain why

"Ariana Grande has 93.3 million followers on instagram, this is not an update for the fans, it is an advertisement to get females to spend their money on this game."

Is a bad thing?

This is the second time someone on this forum has used "its an attempt to convince women to play the game" as a negative?
    Like can you all just admit you're mad that you aren't being catered to and you're throwing a temper tantrum on an internet forum which solves absolutely nothing?
    Can you just admit that you don't realize this game doesn't revolve just around what you want and that there are players that will like things that you dont?

Why is that such a hard concept for you guys?
    Why does the thought of an 11 year old girl enjoying a Final Fantasy game make you literally angry?
    I'd love to hear the rationale behind that.

JustinHChrist, Andoria, Kira and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.