1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Ariana Grande Collaboration Event! 1/19

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Sapphire, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercy

Mercy Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Honestly this is ridiculous to argue about. Every mobile game has additions that they add that are not related to the game at all. Brave frontier did something similar and has done many collaboration events which imo didn't deserve it. Okay so they're adding in Ariana as a unit. Fine. It's obvious that it's a marketing idea and if it attracts new people then that's cool. It means more downloads and more events and prizes for us. Besides no one said this had to be a complete Final Fantasy game. If that were true then who the fuck is Chizuru and what game is she from? I certainly haven't heard of her, so let's remove her and her TMs from everyone because she's not a true FF character. We don't even know what the unit is capable of yet and perhaps it'll be a great addition.

As for assuming that because this unit is added that other celebrities will be added: that's so unlikely and you know it. This is probably a one time deal and from this point it'll go back to other FF based gameplay. Don't have a fucking hernia over it.

Pris, Andoria, darkmaster81 and 2 others like this.
  2. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Administrator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    Btw even pkm started to cater more casual and kids players. It's just a trend or perhaps an universal cash flow.
    The decision goes where the money rolling my friend.

3. FF Fan since NES

FF Fan since NES New Member

Square should cater to the fans!. Without us, they wouldn't have $$$ or a reputation & fame. And also, the computer fights your battles for u in the Arena because the player is not always active. U know this,,Being a fan & all. :)

4. bwompX2

bwompX2 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia, Noctis, or event unit
    Random thought... With some recent Final Fantasy games, Square Enix featured music from artists such as Florence and the Machine and Charice. Having an Ariana Grande song in FFBE could just be continuing the pattern. Her having a "character" that can be featured as a unit is a bonus.

5. FF Fan since NES

Heard that.. but if ya start adding irrelevant things like that, it'll never end. Then, your fun little game, turns into something ya don't even want to play anymore. It won't pull u in to want to play it.

6. Ryuzaki103

Ryuzaki103 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Guys, I see people are very divided by this but I say give it a chance and see where it goes. I for one am really interested in this event and am really eager to see where Square goes from here. Besides I don't see a problem with more people playing the game, we "old heads" benefit from this as well lol.

spada likes this.
  7. FF Fan since NES

Besides, I think the classic music by: Nobuo Uematsu is the best kind of music for fantasy games & RPG's. He's awesome

spada likes this.
  8. FF Fan since NES

Why not add Nobuo as a unit??

9. VincentB1ack

VincentB1ack Member

Global ID:
    wth esper lol
    sry one unit dont kill anyone and SE never add new esper like that and mess in his history and again its a simple unit no need fight

Cherub likes this.
  10. VincentB1ack

VincentB1ack Member

Global ID:
    the dont give enough unit till now ? or many other unit soon release from BE or other FF game ?
    sry ur talk make me think u hate her so much

11. Arwen

Arwen Member

According to their fb post it's January 19th: «FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans are in for a surprise this month as Ariana Grande, actress and internationally acclaimed artist, graces the world of Lapis with her talent and beauty on January 19th!»

Sooo... maybe we won't get a grind event in between - the one starting tomorrow finishes on the 18th but I was thinking we would maybe start a Mog King event on its second week as they have been doing recently. With this date announced guess we'll be getting plenty of time for TM farming!

architect and Sapphire like this.
  12. architect

architect Ascended Member Supporter

Wow,after hearing her song on the video, it sounds good, and it could fit well I think, wondering how the orchestrated will be :)

spada, Iliyana and Sapphire like this.
  13. Ankleweights

Ankleweights Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive @ 1111 atk.
    All things considered, she could easily be a desirable character if they play it right. For all we know she could have an amazing moveset, stats that dwarf the current meta, or even a TMR that is insane.

While I'm not saying any of those are likely, something like a TMR accessory that doubles TMR farm rates (along the lines of growth egg) would make her extremely desirable IMO.

14. Iliyana

Iliyana Chasing rainbows! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    I agree with this.

Sapphire and architect like this.
  15. ChronoTrigger84

ChronoTrigger84 Well-Known Member Supporter

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Chizuru is a made up character like all characters in FF. And Brave Exvius is another FF game. Ariana Grande is a real person... A pop icon no less. So why the hell is she in this game? I'm obviously not in favor of this move as I'm a 32 year old man child that's been a fan for a very long time - excluding FFx2 lol. But I won't deal in absolutes. Hopefully this makes the game more popular and improves development. And I also hope this isn't a common occurrence.

16. Mercy

Mercy Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Despite the fact Chizuru isn't real there is a slight correlation between my metaphor. If something doesn't fit with the current aspect of the game, should it be added? Should anything new or slightly different? It isn't hard to keep the game solely FF characters. We certainly don't need random additions *sarcasm*. It seems the reason she's even being added is as a bonus to her tribute of her music and love for the game and Japanese culture. That's it. Honestly I do not see this being a common occurrence or even happening again, especially if people are bashing the idea before it's even been released. I doubt Kanye is gonna contribute his next rap album to the game and be gifted with a unit. He'll want cash, not something useless to him like this. Ariana is just grateful she's being used at all.

Andoria and ChronoTrigger84 like this.
  17. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Ling, Seven, Tilith, Light, Rikku, etc
    Thank you Arwen! I'm updating the thread with the information. :)

architect and Arwen like this.
  18. David M Pollard

David M Pollard Active Member Supporter

I just hope she is a usable unit instead of a pretty trophy to pull.

19. VincentB1ack

VincentB1ack Member

Global ID:
    maybe bcz male say this always and want make female away from games ::kefka::

20. VincentB1ack

VincentB1ack Member

Global ID:
    but its sad to see ppl make witch hunt team with they friend and come start some talk about we are fan of FF for long time and in the end we see they only problem is girl cant play game
    girl can play every game and none of our business
    i like to play online game in pc or mobile with my friend girl or boy
    if in future god give me daughter i play with him online game and enjoy it :D:D

David M Pollard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.