1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Ariana rant thread - post your rants about Ariana HERE.

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Jose, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jose

Jose Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    As the title suggests, post any hate/rants here, please.

2. Rinny

Rinny γγƒŽδΈ€ Forum Manager VIP Supporter

curse you rock em sock em robots

[​IMG]

FaRFrOmPoOpIn likes this.
  3. JChunks

JChunks Lightning strikes everytime she moves VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: Ask Akari JP: Yriadil Got it
    How come she looks like a redone fran?

4. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Ling, Seven, Tilith, Light, Rikku, etc
    Since this is the place for rants, just my two cents. :) I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with incorporating a non-Final Fantasy character with the other units. (Plus this is limited edition, it's probably not diluting any rewards pools. But this is impossible to know for certain atm.)

It's marketing. It's a sound business decision, too. You can't have a multiplayer mobile game that's completely inflexible and hope to draw in enough support as the years past. We see this now in MTGPQ, the failure to release new content outside of official MTG releases have rendered the content stale to some degree. Popular music, Final Fantasy-inspired music, and music artist renditions of Final Fantasy songs have all kept Final Fantasy afloat. So live and let live. I'm all for change. And guys... maybe a celebrity likes our game!! That kind of power is big.

Final fantasy purist? You can always go to FFRK (which is based on characters and battles from the games) or one of the single player games. But multiplayer? other people have to play in the world. If the unit is cool, let em exist. :D

Newgirl_here, Andoria, Kira and 2 others like this.
  5. Asf

Asf VIP VIP

Getting a real celeb in this game is breaking apart the fantasy part of the final fantasy brave exvius.
    Feels weird to see her photo in the game notice.
    I wont get her anyway, so I dont really care that much...
    But I hope this wont be a trend.

DarKnight likes this.
  6. FF Fan since NES

FF Fan since NES New Member

I agree Asf. I'm not hating. And if it were a JP popstar of any sex, I would disagree also. If this was about Justin Bieber, or any other guy celeb, I'd be saying the same thing. And I also enjoy certain types of "new age pop music". S If u want to see the game turn out to be a celebrity endorsement filled with advertising, that's fine. That's your opinion. My opinion is to not have celebrities & keep it in the fantasy realm. Besides, celebs have enough don't they. If u incorporate them in a game, it's like giving a criminal the press & advertising they want. Also, many of the people these celebs will bring in, will be short time players that'll play for like 2 months tops. It will hurt the game. We'll have People like Donald trump or Hillary Clinton as boss fights. It'll be awful for people who enjoy a quality fantasy game.

Vulgar and Felon like this.
  7. FF Fan since NES

Stop endorsing celebrities to try & bring in new players. You will lose a ton of your old school players who play for long terms & spend money. But u will pick up preteens who will only stay interested for like a month or 2 tops. Also, those type of players don't really spend either. And let's get this correct here. It's all about the $$ right. That's why they're bringing in celebs. To bring more people & make more money. It's not even about having fun playing In a fantasy world anymore eh. This game is gonna turn into something totally different than FF now. I hope you're prepared for "Hello Kitty island adventure." Lol

Vulgar and FaRFrOmPoOpIn like this.
  8. Arwen

Arwen Member

Don't love her, don't hate her... simply don't know her to care much either way. If I get her unit and she turns out to be decent I'll use her, after all I do have and use Elza quite a lot and she's not a part of the FF universe either...
    I understand the reason why her photo is there on the banner, but I don't really find that her face blends in that well with my cute sprites just underneath it - would have prefered if they downed it a notch and placed her sprite instead on that banner!

9. FF Fan since NES

I love my Elza also. :) got her with DualWield & almost done with her Trustmaster. Can't wait.

10. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Ling, Seven, Tilith, Light, Rikku, etc
    Sorry posted in the wrong thread. XD

No offense to an amazing game but the insertion of a celebrity isn't breaking the idea that this is Final Fantasy game for me. It's a mobile game. In my opinion, the storyline isn't nearly a quarter of as strong as a main Final Fantasy game. Does that mean that I want the experience ruined? Of course not. But one unit based on a celebrity doesn't hurt my experience in any way. That's why I'm fine with FFBE exclusive units, too. Here, I feel it helps bring attention to the game. And no, not just teen girl gamers like some insist: NO teen that isn't into RPGs is going to sit around clicking buttons on units they've never heard of.

I suppose it all depends on what Final Fantasy means to you. But I can't help but feel some people's reactions look like that silliness where people were like "Final Fantasy XIII was not a real Final Fantasy game!" As if they alone determined the course of a series or could define it using a singular mold.

Andoria likes this.
  11. eece

eece Well-Known Member

If she's free, I'm deleting her. If I summon her, I'm deleting her. If she's a rainbow, bye game.

12. FF Fan since NES

If u
    agreed! Lol

13. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

According some cmt i read from facebook, some ppl said they will feed her to shadow or Edgar ::rofl::. If gumi really add her to ffbe , hope it's just limited only. However whatever it's limited or not i will be the one who very happy to ignore her and anything about her in the game. I don't care about a pop star in ff game ( most ff fan will think like me).

14. RikkuLover

RikkuLover Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Eileen/Onion Knight
    I don't understand the hate :(

Andoria and Kira like this.
  15. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Ofc in real life have no reason to hate ariana. But this is a ff game , plz bring something have connection to ff or at least connection to a game like gumi do with ff series unit or bf unit. If gumi some way make a vote for this , i will sure that the disagreed will be win 100%.

16. SS5DAD

SS5DAD New Member

Let's be honest she has no action base. There is nothing action-ie about her. Cool it's a limited edition character but she won't be viable so why bring her in......and if she is made into a powerful character that's gonna shit on the whole fantasy part about the game.....I don't want any celeb in the game period this games is it's own thing and following other games and trends has not been ffs style ......

17. GranZon

GranZon Well-Known Member

i hate this. i don't like the idea of using international star as a unit. it breaks ff. call me a clse minded hardcore ff fan, but i believe that sometimes something is better played within the theme. even if they want to think something out of the box, you can always collaborate with namco, bandai, etc which makes more connection to the whole ff universe, than giving AG as a unit. :mad:.
    gumi really like to ruin things. really stupid.
    why dont they take from very big moba community that continue to grow. for example, dota2, lol, heroes of the storm.
    collaboration with them will have more possibilities to raise lapiz sale and give them more money.
    really pissed me off. :(

18. pdark

pdark Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    605 048 728
    Leads:
    Aileen, Event Units
    Me neither. I thought FFBE would have been a good platform to introduce unique crossovers. A few months ago, I bet nobody in this forum, or anywhere else, would have anticipated this collab.

Let's not overreact and see this collab as a bad thing. It's a mobile game trend, with big bucks thrown to Maria Carey, Arnold and Kate Upton just to promote mobile games. It's the gameplay that matters after all right? Ariana or not, this game would not lose its core gameplay simply cos a side vision has been added.

19. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Totally agree , dota2 , lol , hots should be better than a teen pop star.

GranZon likes this.
  20. Kira

Kira Active Member Supporter

Leads:
    Elza/Lightning/Luneth
    It is a business decision, get over it.

A decision like this is not taken lightly, everything goes through filters and filters of departments (marketing analysis,financial, PR, etc. People who gets paid to do this) I assure you, they will make a lot of money because of this...and that is good for the game.

Even if just a couple of hundred thousands download the game,even if they don't play it (I checked and just on instagram Ariana Grande has 93 million fans!, the game got to almost a 100 million people in one day! ), it will go well for Gumi...just recently they hit the "8 million players!" I'm pretty sure at least 30% of them are not active, but it doesn't matter, what matters are the big numbers which makes gumi money (investors, the game possibly being on top charts which makes it more noticeable, etc.)

I have played since october and spent around 1k in-game, and guess what? I didn't know about the game until a friend told me about it, I have played many(not all) FF games (even FFRK, also because of a cousin)...so a FF fan, gamer and dolphin was not being reached by GUMIs marketing!

My girlfriend saw Ariana's post and told me about it (she knew I played the game a lot) 15 minutes later she had downloaded the game on her iPhone...if my friend who doesn't play anymore didn't tell me about the game I would've found out because of my girlfriend!

It's like on ffxv, there's a whole side mission focused on advertising Cup Noodles! Lol, and also a cup noodles stand which is a shop...yeah it may be a bit ridiculous haha but who cares? A piece of advertising won't ruin 80 hours of excellent game!

Really it doesn't do anything but good, it brings more money to gumi/se and you can just ignore it if you hate it that much, you don't have to pull for her, even if she's OP she won't be later so what do you care? Like I said, we have over 100? 150? More? characters and some are planning to quit just because ONE? Haha THAT is a childs rant, at the end this is a free to play game, be happy they didn't decide to get money making in-game ads popping up every 3 minutes like many other games...

Live and let Live...
    ::cactaur::