1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Beginner tips thread for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Rinny, May 21, 2016.

1. Rinny

Rinny γγƒŽδΈ€ Forum Manager VIP Supporter

So this will be more of a community addon thread, basically I want to share some quick things I wish I knew at the beginning, and things I know now that would improve my earlier gameplay! If you have a tip you think would improve the thread feel free to share below!

Back up your account to a facebook account so you don't lose it! Currently the only way for some of us to play is through the .apk file, so we put a great risk on losing our account if we don't have it backed up to a facebook. Only one account can be bound, and only the first account bound to it.

Rerolling is playing through the games intro until you have enough lapis to do one (or two) banner pulls, repeating the process until you get a stronger unit. If you get units you don't want, you log the account into a facebook account (home->menu->options) binding it. Then you log out of the account on the same menu, taking you back to the starting screen where you start the process over.

If you're rerolling, remember the account you end up settling with will need a new facebook account to bind to, it will not bind over or replace any past bound accounts! I recommend you put the account you want to keep on a decoy facebook account, so you can take advantage of the facebook friend invite lapis and not worry who you're letting in.

Set you friend gifts to friend points. The other stuff we can easily farm up through various methods of the game, but this is the only way to really get friend points outside of daily rewards! To do this just go from the Home menu -> Friends -> Send Gifts, and click the icon right next to your party leader. SEND GIFTS DAILY!

Your leader skills and everything go with them when others use them. So your leader doesn't have to be the strongest but can carry useful support skills people would use them for.

Don't be afraid to burn friend points in friend draws! Once you're happy with you who have, you can choose to save your points for better things later on (jp cap was 100k points?) While you can only get up to 3* of a couple units out of free draw, some characters actually come in handy for trait mastery or skills. You can also level these units up and sell them for a lot or as exp fodder. A couple I know to look out for are
    • Eldin - Can learn and use Steal, great for material gathering
    • Anastasis - Can learn and use Cura
    Burn your Colosseum points before you rank up! When you go up a rank the points reset giving you three more runs. So in theory you could do three runs, rank up then do another 3. You get one colosseum point per hour.

If you have Eldin, or anyone with the ability Steal, take them with you in Colosseum runs. Most fights up to B rank have been easy enough that I could get away with having Eldin focus on stealing a material from each mob. This has helped a ton in awakening my units.

Try to get as many materials as you can! The best place to farm materials with our currently energy pool for me has been INT vortex of awakening chamber. I've thrown a few ADV runs in here, along with doing the fulan pass farm periodically: http://brave-exvius.com/threads/early-magicite-farming-in-final-fantasy-brave-exvius.52/

If you play on multiple devices (switching between Android then iOS) be aware your lapis wont travel between the two. So only buy and collect lapis on the device or platform you plan to primarily play on! I made the mistake of hording on my andy account, when I play mostly on my iPhone lol.

Focus on getting esper skills! It seems possible to unlock a majority of the espers SP boards, but to be safe focus on getting their skills. Stats only have a 1% carry over, but skills will bind to whatever character you put the esper on. Here's some handy esper charts that might help you out! http://brave-exvius.com/threads/on-levelling-and-training-espers-summons.32/

If you're struggling to proceed in the story, do a few experience vortex runs and make sure your units gear is updated the best you can. There isn't a ton of options for gear yet that I can see, so just work with the best you can get, Colosseum runs have given me some decent equipment, and some quests have given accessories.

Don't spend lapis unlocking vortexs! It resets every 24 hours for a free one, and any you pay to unlock will only be unlocked for 24 hours. Instead either save your lapis for future banners with increased rates, or put them into upgrading your slots! Friend slots and material slots are two I recommend the most for now, followed by character later. (tho I'm sure they are all useful this is just in my experience)

Rating the app gives you free lapis, so rate the app!

Don't forget to do your daily quests to get the 50 free lapis as well :] and remember for us global users this is still just a soft launch! There has been no official release date mentioned (yet) so this is a good wait period for us to get a boost in farming.

Here's some links to posts in this thread that are super useful, but be sure to scroll through and read everything you can!

http://brave-exvius.com/threads/beginner-tips-thread-for-final-fantasy-brave-exvius.104/#post-834
    http://brave-exvius.com/threads/beginner-tips-thread-for-final-fantasy-brave-exvius.104/#post-848

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Sage, MzBish, Kyoichiro Mibu and 6 others like this.
  2. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

In an ideal scenario, you should always be crafting something even if you don't need the items. You can always sell whatever you don't need, but crafting as much as you can will give you Fine Alcrists and help manage your inventory slots.

MzBish, Kyoichiro Mibu, Maj and 2 others like this.
  3. Maj

Maj Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    You can get Alcrists from crafting? How does that work?

4. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

As far as I can tell, there's a chance (I honestly don't know how much, but not very high) that any crafting you do will give you Fine Alcrist together with the item you craft. At least that's my understanding after trying to read the page at Altema with google translate.

Rinny likes this.
  5. JayLovesTea

JayLovesTea Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    Any crafting of SPELLS will give you the fine catalyst. I've been crafting as soon as remember too for the achievements in the long run. Gotta start now if you think about it. :)

Rinny likes this.
  6. Maj

Maj Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Thanks for the info! I've only been crafting for dailies so far... Looks like I should change that up!

7. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    A steal list would be nice. We have a thread going which is sweeeeet. I'll try to record my results

My favorite guide site for quests/treasures/explorations is this: http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/

Material drop list: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...orking_on_a_list_of_materials_and_where_they/

My favorite FREE units from Friend pulls:
    Anastasis (White mage, Cura)
    Rizer (Paralyze)
    Biggs (Bio/Poison)
    I used these 3 for the dragon with success. :)

Tier list for rerollers:
    Bartz, Vaan, Cloud of Darkness, Cecil, Exdeath and Terra

After completion of the current content (Obtaining Ifrit and being at Port Loden), there are a few paths you can go down to get a head start.
    - Complete all the quests, find all the treasures/keys
    - Farm Vortex of Awakening (Intermidiate and Advanced) - Start obtaining your upgrade mats for your characters to get their max awakening levels.
    - Farm Vortex of Experience (Advanced) - Once you obtain all your mats, try and awaken your main units you have and want to use. This is the place to do it
    - Continuously do your Colosseum - Try and steal as much as possible for more mats
    - Try and do the White Dragon for the current best katana in the game

Brando3, Goguma and Rinny like this.
  8. Shaddus

Shaddus Member

Colosseum also has a good amount of equipment once you get to higher tiers.

9. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    I'll add some more.

Collosseum orbs, or uses, refresh on the hour. So if you have 3/3 orbs at 4:59, for example, you can use an orb and within the minute you will have 3/3 orbs again at 5:00 It's not on a seperate clock like energy is. So Energy isn't updated every :05 minutes in the hour.

The best place to farm Unit EXP, Rank EXP, and Mats all in one is Fulan Pass Exploration. You get around 11K exp (1866 EXP/Energy used), 124 rank EXP (21.2 Rank/Energy used) and ~70 items worth of mats IF and ONLY if you do 20 battles (which is the max in the explorations). Best bang for your buck when all is said and done.

The best place to farm rank exp solely is Catacombs, the last level. You gain 24.5 rank exp / Energy used as well as ~1k unit EXP (350ish unit/energy) as well as 10-15 items. Best in the game at this point for RANK exp

The best place to farm unit exp is the advanced experience vortex (2000 EXP/Energy used) as well as 70 Rank EXP (5.3 Rank/Energy used)

Magicite as previously stated isnt worth farming at this point, but if you are...Explore the caves.

Brando3 and MzBish like this.
  10. hierotubas

hierotubas Anime Axolotl VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    2B
    Reminder: The writer of this guide is a JP Version player. There are possibilities that Global Version will have different names/mechanics/events. Please report if there's misinformation or additional content you want to add.

Changelog

- 6/30 finally had time for this ugh. Revamped mission tab and added slight changes
    - 5/24 tidied up the tips using spoiler, merging the collo tips from below post. Expanding espers/magicite section

Party Building

WIP

Equipment & Material Slots

Expand your material and equipment slot. Future events will give good equipments, some of them require some materials to be crafted. FFT and FFXIII event equipments need large amount of materials that can be traded by points, so expanding materials slot won't hurt.

Magicite & Espers

Espers, summons or eidolons in other FFs, are phantom beasts that are obtainable by defeating them. They will be available as the story progresses (and future updates, soon.) They have 2 function; as equipment and as summon attack in battle.

Obtainable espers can be equipped/assigned to party members (each can only hold one.) in the party sub-menu. Equipping them grants 2 benefit; status boost and extra abilities. 1% of the esper's status will be added to the character who's equipping the esper. 1% sounds somewhat useless, isn't it? No. Espers' status are quite high, 1% bonus is balanced enough. For example, Ifrit has 3200 atk status, which means the equipping character gets 32 bonus attack. Good enough. Equipping character will also able to use magics or abilities that esper learned, regardless of their limitations. Another example, Lasswell, who can't equip any white magics, is able to use Cure if equipped with Siren that already learned that magic. Each espers have different status and abilities learn, so assigning them to characters that have specific role is a must for effective team building (Example, it is better to assign Shiva that has high magic status to a black magic user rather than physical attacker)

How to enchance their status and get some abilities? Level them up by feeding them magicites. Each time espers get a level, they receive specific amount of SP that can be used to get abilities/status boost in the SP menu. It's better to aim usable or passive abilities rather than status boost and save spare points for later. After reaching their level cap (30 for *1), you can get their evolved form by visiting their dungeon again, as there'll be a new quest appeared. The fight will be harder than the first one, so you better prepare your team.

Giving specific magicite will give them better (1.5x) exp, which is quite effective than giving them all magicite you have, which I don't recommend you to do that. It's better to save unused magicites for upcoming espers rather than having only 1 high leveled one.

As for magicite farming, there will be its own vortex chamber. If you have a better luck in exploration quest, no need to run this dungeon. However, the most efficient way to farm magicite is certain future events. Some of them are exploration quests that have farming point, and the others are 5 stage battle with magicite and certain tradable items (traded with moogle king for useful items) as drops. Each of the hardest difficulty that cost around 10~14 energy will gives 3~7 large magicites, better than vortex chamber that gives only 2 large magicites per 15 energy run.

Missions

Later version of game will add a "mission" that give you additional reward once after you finished a quest/dungeon. For example, Exp Vortex's mission is; Clear the dungeon (40 lapis), Do not use LB (20 lapis), No one died (20 lapis) and No use of lapis to continue (20 lapis). After you finished the dungeon, you'll receive all reward from mission you've completed once, which means you cannot get rewards from completed missions if you run the dungeon again.

Missions yield many lapis and good items (tent, phoenix down, etc.) Clearing them all for gaining resources is highly recommended, but it's not obligatory. If you found that some missions are impossible, too complicated or prevent you to clear the quest easily, skip it.

Adjusting your team is important to clear some missions. Try to bring characters that have compatible skills (e.g. summoners if the mission requires you to summon multiple times) or lower level characters to maintain damage output. If your units level are too high, it is usually harder to complete some missions in low level dungeons. The most usual cases is finishing the boss using LB, whereas your units can kill the boss easily and the total of stages available is only one (which means you can't fill your limit gauge). Again, if you cannot manage this or too lazy for this, go ahead.

Metal Cactuar & Gil Snappers

Regarding metal cactuar and gil turtle/snappers, those are units that similar to metal god and jewel god in brave frontier, or growth eggs in ffrk. Metal cactuar will grant huge amount of exp when fused with other units, meanwhile gold turtle will grant you lots of gil if sold. Both of them varies in size (small medium large, larger means better exp/gil) and will have its own vortex dungeons that available for limited time (usually once per month, maybe?). I recommend you to do gil turtle dungeon first to collect some money. Why? Fusing in FFBE, especially for leveling units, costs a lot. 500k gil or above is recommended if you want to play safe, especially for maxing *6 units. As for metal cactuar, having an expanded unit capacity will make your farming smooth. I'd rather use largest sized to be fused, fuse medium sized if the unit level near max, and sell the small fry because it isn't worth.

Item/Equipment/Ability Crafting

As for items, early shops only have potions and other ailments removal items, so crafting another potions to replenish stock or high potions (forget where to get the recipe) quite helpful for early game. However, later towns/villages have a lot of item in stock, especially high potion, ether and ether turbo (the reason why you must save your gil) . This will make crafting items is kinda deserted later unless you have lot of materials and crafting slot.

Next, crafting equipment cost less than buying it, so if you're diligent enough to collect materials and recipes, go on. Same as items, equipment crafting will be outdated after shops and events provides better equipment. Another reason is decent equipment recipes only available in later continent's silver chests. However, accessories crafting is still worth nowadays. There will be a "brave ring" accessory that grants 10% atk and magic. Its recipe is the prize for completing 30 accomplishments. Another decent accessory for early game is protect/barrier ring and +20 mp accessory. Elemental mitigation accessories only give 5~10% resistance, for me its not worth for now.

Another one. Crafting abilities, different from those two, are still relevant till this day. Steal recipes is received from earth key, useful for material farming. Cura (colloseum) is worthy enough to be crafted. Thundara (quest?) and bio blaster (earth key) will make questing and colloseum easy by elemental chaining them if equipped to entire party. Status up (atk +10%, etc. ) recipes is available on later continent and crafting them is highly recommended. Enchanting a unit parameter is better than equipping low-tier white/black magic, in my opinion.

Lastly, crafting slots. If you're quite patient, no need to expand those. However, if you still intend to expand, I recommend to expand only once or twice each. If there are better contents in the future where expanding crafting slot is necessary, go ahead.

Star Quartz

Confused about star quartz? It's an item that can be traded for other useful items. In later continents, fat chocobos will be available, hidden in certain towns, waiting for star quartz. I recommend to collect all star quartzs available that are hidden in towns or dungeons and save them for later. The notable items to be traded with it are earrings, black belt, and white cape (Global might have different names). Earrings will grant 20% magic, trade two of them and equip them to your magic attacker, and witness the greatness of magic. Black belt is optional, it give counter ability to its wielder, compatible with tank characters. White cape prevent silence, useful for white mages/healers. There is also a high defense shield and has fire/ice/thunder resistance, which is optional if you want to give your tank better equipment.

Some of you might think that the number of star quartz is limited in the game and it's too precious to spend. No need to worry, star quartz is farmable in Phantom Labyrinth vortex dungeon. It is a luck testing search-type dungeon that consist of 5 stages, each of them has 3 doors, two lead to the next stage and other one leads to a dead end. If you manage to reach the very end of the dungeon, you'll meet 3 minituars which can drop star quartz or screamroot. Future event also has star quartz as obtainable item through trading from moogle king. Farmable, yes?

Silver Chest/Magic Key

Silver chests that are scattered around the game usually has good contents, but they need magic keys to be unlocked. Magic keys are obtainable through 2 ways. The first one is crafting. It needs 2 type of rare materials. The materials are:

- Fine Alcryst (You have chance to get it after crafting an ability)

- Screamroot (Miniatuar, a rare enconter in certain places drops this. It can also drop Star Quartz. Miniatuars will be available in future Phantom Labyrinth, but it needs lot of luck to find them.)

Each of them need 3 to be crafted. In recent JP FF type-0 event (and following event where you trade items from moogle king), those materials are obtainable through trading. The second way, the most easiest, is buying it with lapis. I recommend you to buy 30 with 1500 lapis because of the discounted lapis price. It's better than buying one by one, economy reasons. The notable chest to be opened? The ones that contains good tier abilities recipes, status up recipes, and good tier accessories recipes. If you're aiming for perfection, catch them all (this isn't obligatory).

Friend/Honor Points & Summons

Friends point is accumulated by bringing your friend's character to a quest or vice versa and from daily gift that are sent by your friend. You can summon once in FP summon for 200 points or summon 10 simultaneously for 2000 points. Units summoned from this pool are *1-2 rarity units with *3 as maximum evolution/awakening rarity. At rare occasion, FP summon banner is changed to metal cactuars and gil snappers. When this happens, there is a good chance to obtain them, usually 6 from 10 summons are gil snappers or metal cactuars in various size. Knowing this, try to save up you Friend point rather than wasting them up getting only *1-2 characters. As for me, I'm kind of unsatisfied with metal cactuars and gil snappers rates in FP summon, so I rather wait for something better.

Colloseum

About the colloseum orbs, one orb will be restored once per hour. The orbs refill timer will only run if you have empty colloseum orb(s), and the timer will stop if the orbs are full. Of course it's seperated from energy timer.

It's better to finish all the stage ASAP. Arena/PvP will be implemented in the futute and will consume same orbs as colloseum. The reason to finish the colloseum first is to prevent clashing between arena and colloseum orb usage, especially if you want to grind for arena point. If you haven't finished colloseum yet when arena is added, no need to worry. The orbs be added from 3 to 5 so you can finish it quicker.

Colloseum prize each stage is quite good, grab it fast! There's a thread about this: http://brave-exvius.com/threads/colosseum-rewards-bgn-rank-d-and-up-to-s-4.144/

Graviga is easy way to cheese colloseum battles until certain stages (Intermediate). It also not working on boss battles, as I remember.

2 tier; beginner and intermediate, and divided into D, C, B, A, and S class, each of them have 5 stage, containing 10 battle plus one boss... 2x5x5x11= 550 battles in colloseum, total 550 hours to complete. No need to rush, avoid using lapis for this unless you're impatient to finish all content. Arena is still a long way to go.

Arena/PvP

WIP

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  11. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    Fantastic heiro thanks for all the info. Also the colloseum tip isn't valid. Sorry guys. I guess the few times that I thought it was because I did it on the hour

12. hierotubas

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    2B
    Yup, you're welcome.

About the colloseum orb, isn't it as same as brave frontier or other games? The orb refill timer only run if you have empty colloseum orb(s), and the timer will stop if the orbs are full? Of course it's seperated from energy timer.

I don't know about global colloseum, but it's better to finish all the stage ASAP. Arena/PvP will be implemented in the futute and will consume same orbs as colloseum. The reason to finish the colloseum first is to prevent clashing between arena and colloseum orb usage, especially if you want to grind for arena point. If you haven't finished colloseum yet when arena is added, no need to worry.The orbs be added from 3 to 5 so you can finish it quicker.

Oh. Colloseum prize each stage is quite good, grab it fast! And, graviga is easy way to cheese colloseum battle until certain stages. It also not working on boss battles, as I remember. Gravigaaaa!

2 tier; beginner and intermediate, and divided into D, C, B, A, and S class, each of them have 5 stage, containing 10 battle plus one boss... 2x5x5x11= 550 battles in colloseum, total 550 hours to complete. No need to rush, avoid using lapis for this unless you're impatient to finish all content. Arena is still a looooong way to go.

Really, giving tips for future contents is like giving a spoiler... I feel guilty.

...I've been editing this and previous post multiple times. Read again for more accurate or fixed info, if you don't mind? Reading is good, reading is love.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    Brando3 and SpoonyBard like this.
  13. Leoffta

Leoffta New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath
    The material are:
    Fine Alcryst (You have chance to get after craft a ability)
    Screamroot (The unique mob who I has seen drop is the miniatuar, rare enconter also he can drop Star Quartz)

SpoonyBard likes this.
  14. hierotubas

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    2B
    Reminder: Global version might have different content or release time of events, etc. Conclusion: This... might not 100% accurate. And, name of items, etc. might innacurate cause I'm a JP player. Mistakes. World is full of possibilities, no?

Expand your material and equipment slot. Future events will give good equipments, some of them require some materials to be crafted. FFT and FFXIII event equipments need large amount of materials that can be traded by points, so expanding materials slot won't hurt.

As for magicite farming, there will be its own vortex chamber in the future. If you have a better luck in exploration quest, no need to run this dungeon. However, the most efficient way to farm magicite is certain future events. Some of them are exploration quests that have farming point, and the others are 5 stage battle with magicite and certain tradable items (traded with moogle king for useful items) as drops. Each of the hardest difficulty that cost around 10~14 energy will gives 3~7 large magicites, better than vortex chamber that gives only 2 large magicites per 15 energy run.

About lapis farming for free player, later version of game will add a "mission" that give you 100 lapis for each quest/vortex dungeon completion once. Example, Exp vortex chamber will grants 40 lapis for completion, 20 lapis if not using LB, 20 lapis if anyone didn't die, and 20 lapis if not using continue option. Lapis from the completion and not using continue are always available in every quest, and other two varies for each quest (example: finish boss with LB, using summon, not using black magic, etc.). This means you'll be likely to get 60 lapis for each quest completion if you don't use lapis to continue. Of course it's better to aim for 100 lapis. If this "mission" is already available and half energy quest event is ongoing, go farming then.

Regarding metal cactuar and gil turtle, those are units that similar to metal god and jewel god in brave frontier, or growth eggs in ffrk. Metal cactuar will grant huge amount of exp when fused with other units, meanwhile gold turtle will grant you lots of gil if sold. Both of them varies in size (small medium large, larger means better exp/gil) and will have its own vortex dungeons that available for limited time (usually once per month, maybe?). I recommend you to do gil turtle dungeon first to collect some money. Why? Fusing in FFBE, especially for leveling units, costs a lot. 500k gil or above is recommended if you want to play safe, especially for maxing *6 units. As for metal cactuar, having an expanded unit capacity will make your farming smooth. I'd rather use largest sized to be fused, fuse medium sized if the unit level near max, and sell the small fry because it isn't worth.

Talk about crafting. As for items, early shops only have potions and other ailments removal items, so crafting another potions to replenish stock or high potions (forget where to get the recipe) quite helpful for early game. However, later towns/villages have a lot of item in stock, especially high potion, ether and ether turbo (the reason why you must save your gil) . This will make crafting items is kinda deserted later unless you have lot of materials and crafting slot. Next, crafting equipment cost less than buying it, so if you're diligent enough to collect materials and recipes, go on. Same as items, equipment crafting will be outdated after shops and events provides better equipment. Another reason is decent equipment recipes only available in later continent's silver chests. However, accessories crafting is still worth nowadays. There will be a "brave ring" accessory that grants 10% atk and magic. Its recipe is the prize for completing (maybe) 30 accomplishments (or something in the menu). Another decent accessory is protect/barrier ring and +20 mp accessory. Elemental mitigation accessories only give 5~10% resistance, for me its not worth for now. Lastly, crafting abilities, different from those two, are still relevant till this day. Steal recipes is received from earth key, useful for material farming. Cura (colloseum) is worthy enough to be crafted. Thundara (quest?) and bio blaster (colloseum?) will make questing and colloseum easy by elemental chaining them if equipped to entire party. Status up (atk +10%, etc. ) recipes is available later, and it's good to fill empty ability slot.

Confused about star quartz? It's an item that can be traded for other useful items. In later continents, fat chocobos will be available, hidden in certain towns, waiting for star quartz. I recommend to collect all star quartzs available that are hidden in towns or dungeons and save them for later. The notable items to be traded with it are earrings, black belt, and white cape (I forgot the name). Earrings will grant 20% magic, trade two of them and equip them to your magic attacker, and booom! Black belt is optional, it give counter ability to its wielder, compatible with tank characters. White cape prevent silence, useful for white mages/healers. There is also a shield with high defense and has fire/ice/thunder resistance, but I forgot the name. Ahahahaha.

Hoping to open silver chest? Magic key is obtainable through 2 ways. The first one is crafting. It needs 2 type of rare materials. The materials are:
    - Fine Alcryst (You have chance to get it after crafting an ability)
    - Screamroot (Miniatuar, a rare enconter in certain places drops this. It can also drop Star Quartz. Miniatuars will be available in future Phantom Labyrinth, but it needs lot of luck to find them.)
    Each of them need 3 to be crafted. In recent JP FF type-0 event, those materials are obtainable through trading. The second way, the most easiest, is buying it with lapis. I recommend you to buy 30 with 1500 lapis because of the discounted lapis price. It's better than buying one by one, economy reasons. The notable chest to be opened? The ones that contains good tier abilities recipes, status up recipes, and good tier accessories recipes. If you're aiming for perfection, catch them all.

Will add some links... later, perhaps? Wait a moment. And anyone can summarize this? Still thinking for other tips...

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  15. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    The Cactuar is a rare mob found in explorations. I have found it in Fulan Pass and Catacombs but only once out of a lot of runs. I reread it Hiero and damnnnnnn, Im so glad you are posting. Your content is EXCELLENT <3 <3 <3 :)

16. hierotubas

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    2B
    Hm. I just realized that I haven't add explanation about honor/friend points usage. Might add later.

Before I write another tips, is there anything missing/not mentioned yet? Or another general, important, basic, and frequently asked questions you want to ask/added to the guide? If you want units analysis, I can't promise to write it; I'm quite subjective and too forgiving about analyzing units.

One more thing. Any links to some skills/items list in global version? This will help me to write in the future.

Discuss.

17. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    Hiero, how deep are you wanting to go. Are you wanting to make a very comprehensive guide on all the tips and tricks for learning the game? Adding quests? Exp tables? If you are wanting ot make a huge guide I can definitely help you out and we can collab on it :)

18. Wolf

Wolf Guest

looks like the first candidate for mod is here already, nice job @Rinny
    you are a real builder:)

19. hierotubas

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    2B
    Exp tables might be somewhere on the internet, maybe I'll only add a link about that. As for quest, the only notable ones are explorations. JP's wikis such as altema or famitsu have complete guide about it, including map and chest locations. Global version wikia might have this one eventually.
    To be honest, I want to write/translate those kind of guides, but I have limited amount of spare time so I'll only write general tips/faqs. I'm sorry.
    However, @JayLovesTea , you can help me by giving me links about skills/items/units list in global/english version, that can help me to write something that global players can understand. Thank you~ ;)

20. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    I can help you with properly writing but it seems theres little on the internet in English, only the other sites you listed, available. Other than what I've come across theres not much I can add! :(