1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Best team construction?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Zane, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Zane

Zane Active Member

I've only been playing since July 1. And I am wondering what the best late game construction is class wise as in black mages, attacker, healer, and so on.
    The highest units I've drawn tend to be attackers and that is what my party is made of. So no black or white mages really. Is it necessary to have a healer late game? And if so who are the best healers to shoot for? Thanks for the help guys

2. Terra

Terra Moogle Lover VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Terra
    "Tell me who are your characters are and I'll tell you what team they should be in are..." ;)

Mirror.. mirror../

Jokes aside, the famous team is balanced an Attacker, Tank, Magic Attacker, Attacker/Support, Healer. In terms of healer you can use one of the main Characters Fina as a healer as she can provide one of the best buffs in the game right now (Cheer) and also heal your team.

But definitely all attackers and 1 healer can also be viable and works.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    jager00x, MiuHanazawa and SpoonyBard like this.
  3. Zane

Zane Active Member

OK I've got
    4* sabin
    Shadow
    Firion
    Galuf
    Kain
    Those are the characters I'm mainly using since they are 4 star. So no mages or healers. Besides galufs fira
    My 3* is
    Cloud of darkness
    Anastasis
    Shantotto
    Vivi
    Krille
    Edgar
    Clyne
    Medius
    Carrie
    Russel
    Luna
    Radiant
    Anselm
    So I don't know which 3 stars to focus on, been just using my 4 stars, who should I focus on? Thanks for the help. And you say tank is useful? Any of my u it's fullfil that?

4. Xmyle

Xmyle Active Member

Cod, firion, krille, medius and fina would be a good team. Imo tho.

5. Aysatyo

Aysatyo Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    focus on CoD and Firion as they can go up to 5* for now and are very strong units.. krile is only upto 4* but she got dualcast which makes her a great healer.. check this so you can decide for yourself.. https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_List

6. Loptr

Loptr Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka, Cecil, Exdeath, COD, Chizuru
    You should roll until you have a minimum of 3 of the following: Exdeath, cecil, cod, bartz, Firion, vaan, terra. No amount of tickets or rates up garanteed this. You want to never worry about having reliable units later. Right now the pool is open and you have as many rolls as you want. Take advantage of the benefit of this loop hole while it is available.

All other characters are a bonus. notable other useful characters are: kuja garland zidane Leo and celes.

Other less notable characters are FFBE exclusive 5★ characters and story characters.

7. indy

indy New Member

I use all the main characters plus kefka and kuja, and so far I've been able to sweep through the story without any trouble and managed to easily kill the white dragon in the farplanes. This is mainly because kuja and kefka have high mag and they both know thundaga (whatever it's called), meaning they do more damage due to elemental chain. Rain and laswell have good attack and their elements are different to the rest of the team making them a good offence while rain also has moves that increases defence for itself and other team mates. And of course fina is useful due to her healing properties

8. Squall Leonhartt

Squall Leonhartt New Member

My favorite team is cecil, kefka, lasswell, xiao, and locke. All lvl 80. Really have lasswell and kefka boosted. Lvl30 2star ramuh on kefka. So far been pretty unstoppable. Put cura on xiao. 10%mag x3 on kefka. Running around 500 magic. I personally like kefka more than exdeath and other mages.

I was really dumb and got rid of chiruzu before i realized how much I needed her. Oh well. Saving lapis for future pulls. Havent been interested in any of the new ones. I also recommend using lapis to add materials. So many times i got rid of mat i needed later when i should have just spent the hundred. I wanna see some ff7/8 units. Squall and sephiroth would be nice additions.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  9. MiuHanazawa

MiuHanazawa New Member

Hi Terra,
    My current team is composed of a 5* Cecil, 4* Kain, 5* Vaan, 5* ExDeath, and a 5* Kefka. Should I replace someone or retain? I would love a girl in the group, but anyone would be fine. :)

And what is the best equipment for each unit? Thank you so much! :>

9433052 likes this.
  10. Squall Leonhartt

Squall Leonhartt New Member

I would replace kain with chizuru or xiao.

11. Shinigami

Shinigami Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Hey guys. Here is my team and I'm not sure which 5 of them should I use.
    5 star and Max level - Vaan, CoD, Fina, Kefka, Artemios, Amarant, Lasswell. Got Cerius for certain fights only. Also got Shantotto but not maxed (not needed I think)
    Now if I go by classical Tank, Attack, Mage, Healer, Support team.
    I have Amarant, Artemios/CoD, Kefka, Fina, Vaan.
    My Vaan is kinda tank like too.
    I have murasame but IDK if Lasswell is still a good option given I have two barrage hitters. Keeping Kefka in place of Amarant sounds good? But Amarant has revive too. I'm confused.
    I wish I had Lenna.

12. James33

James33 New Member

Hey I'm wondering if someone can help me with my stats. Maybe I'm missing something but I've noticed that I have a team of maxed out characters, with good gear, and evolved espers. Yet when I have to take a friend into a fight I'll see people using similar characters but their stats are double what mine are. Can anyone tell me why?

13. Almea

Almea The Old One VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth, Noctis, Elza
    When you choose a friend, before you "Depart", you can look at his/her gear. That might give you some info. Also, it might help if you could give a specific example of one of your units.

14. Shizzlewacky

Shizzlewacky New Member

Was wondering my best team from
    Cyan , Rain, Gaffgarion, Artemios, Kefka, Galuf, Agrias, Wedge, Biggs, Penelo, Shadow, Shantotto, Rakshasa, Mustadio, Rizer, Leah, Ollie, Eldin, Liza, Sharai

15. Akroma

Akroma Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Firion
    im onto the traditional team line up. like the one terra mentioned. it will be easy for you to allocate espers.

16. SuRfY

SuRfY CEO of Gumi VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru with maxed Phantom Blade
    Take Artemios, Kefka, Mustadio, Agrias and Shantotto...and get more units...

17. Shinigami

Global ID:
    Okay, I got many additional units. Not sure which 5 to concentrate on. Help me out.
    Vaan, CoD, Kefka, Artemios, Fina, Lasswell, Terra, Cecil, Chizuru, Ex Death, Bartz, Amarant, Agrias, Ludmille...
    I'm sure about Cecil and Ex death for their ranking in altema. With Terra I might not need Fina anymore. Agrias ll be useless once 6 stars become common. Pick 5 pls.

18. CaptCrunchPants

CaptCrunchPants Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Firion JP: Tidus
    I would focus on CoD, Cecil, Chizuru, Kefka, Exdeath

Just realized you asked for only 5

19. Shinigami

Global ID:
    Hey thanks. Cecil to act as a healer here?

20. Shinigami

Global ID:
    Terra is no way comparable to Kefka? Both get a 93/100 in altema 6*