1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Best team construction?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Zane, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Mox

Mox New Member

Hey, wondering what party I should run,

I have
    2X exdeath
    2X cod
    White witch Fina
    Tilth
    Refia
    Arias
    Black cat lid
    Leo
    Krill
    Radio
    Rain
    Garland
    Kuja galuf.

I was thinking running 2X cod 2X exdeath, Refia, arias. is this viable? or should I replace an exdeath with Leo so I have a tank? can't wait for tilth to hit 6 star and hope to grab a snow in next event but for now this is what I got. let me know what you think. thanks.

2. Mox

Mox New Member

3. Mox

Mox New Member

Or is it better to go all 6 star with white witch refia, 2X cod, 2X cod

4. Kurtis Lightray

Kurtis Lightray Member

My current team is Rain, Garland or Kuja (I switch on occasion), Fina, Chizuru, and Dark Knight Cecil. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or tips to help me because I can't beat Veritas of the heavens in the Village of Ambel.

Akroma likes this.
  5. Aleff Douglas

Aleff Douglas New Member

Please Guys, I'm in doubt if I should form my team.

I have:
    6* Lightning
    5* Tilith
    4* Vivi, Kain, Bartz, Sabin, Cyan, Miyuki, Garnet, Lani, Gaffgarion and Refia
    3* Lenna, Kuja, Terra, Shantotto, Duane, Roselia, Galuf, Charlotte, Faris, Locke and Tellah

I tried to get one Exdeath but the only thing I got was a spam of Bartz.

Should I invest in Tellah for Magic Damage (currently Tellah 3* lvl 1, Vivi 4* lvl 46)?
    Tilith(Support Buff) and Refia (Healer) on the same team it's viable?

I'm thinking of Lightning (Physical Damage), Charlotte (Tank), Tilith (Support/Healer), Tellah (Magic Damage) and I do not know Bartz?
    But for Charlotte and Tellah it does not reach 6* that would be a waste.

Tks Guys
    Helpe me I'm only one Rank 26 (Sorry for the bad English).

6. Terra

Terra Moogle Lover VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Terra
    Hi @Aleff Douglas,

My team recommendation would be the following:

1. Lighting (DPS) - Ifrit
    2. Bartz (Secondary DPS) - Diabolos
    3. Faris (Full Breaker) - Carbuncle (to provide the bar spells) if needed
    4. Refia (Healer) - Shiva / Ramuh (with Osmose)
    5. Charlotte (Tank) - Golem

- My take on this team is that having a Full Break unit is hard to pass up, some trials becomes easier with full break inflicted to enemies, also Faris has reasonable MAG and SPR that can provide healing if needed. You can mix and match Bartz and Tellah depending on the need, however during hard trials Tellah might not be good due to his squishiness, I do recommend getting Bartz to 6* as his elixir gimmick is quite good when paired with Refia's full revive.

Notable Character to level if the need arises
    • Tilith (Shiva / Ramuh (with Osmose)) - Having 2 healers in a team is never a bad tactic as this provides you the oppurtunity to survive fights and lethal attacks, however do note that MP management is always taken into consideration when doing this.

Hope this helps! ::kupo::

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  7. Kurtis Lightray

Kurtis Lightray Member

My units are
    5*- Rain, fina, dark Knight cecil, garland, chizuru, kuja
    4*- garnet, terra, golbez, seria, laswell, refia, bedile, kefka, maria, tilith, galuf, clyne, white witch fina, and shantotto
    3*- charlotte, arc, lenna, wedge, vivi, alma, lani, biggs, ludmille, edgar, CoD, celes, ingus, kain, rydia, and black cat lid
    Please help me out.

8. Solomon

Solomon New Member

Hi! I'm having difficulty deciding on characters to stick to as I have recently pulled some pretty good ones. Please help me set up the best team, here are the units I currently have.

5*
    Chizuru - lvl 60
    Bart's - lvl 50
    ExDeath - lvl 50
    Kefka - lvl 41

4*
    Cecil - lvl 25
    CoD - lvl 20 (just pulled today)
    WoL - lvl 20 (just pulled today)
    Lightning - lvl 23 (just pulled today)
    Tellah - lvl 60
    Lenna - lvl 45
    Farris - lvl 60

3*
    DK Cecil - lvl 20

Thank you

9. Kurtis Lightray

Kurtis Lightray Member

Exdeath is a good black mage and so is kefka (though Exdeath is better), the best healer in that bunch is lenna, and basically everyone else except for tellah and farris (I dont know much about those two) are good for dps. I'd use chizuru, Exdeath, lenna, cecil, and lightning.

10. Aleff Douglas

Aleff Douglas New Member

@Terra

Thank you, Terra, that helped me a lot.

So can I ask for help with another question?
    Is it worth buying the pack with 11 gold tickets to try to get Exdeath?
    And the ability of event Thunderfall is a "must have" for Lightning?

Thank you so much.

11. bedr0ck

bedr0ck New Member

hello i am just starting in this game can someone please advice which 5 to focus on
    i have Lightning, Snow, Exdeath, Ingus, Luna, Edgar, Clyne, Fang, Rydia, Cerius

thanks

12. YutaksS

YutaksS Active Member

I think you can focus on Lightning, Snow and Exdeath.
    Then Ingus as your full breaker.
    Then Rydia to fill in the slot, to be replaced soon after you get a healer!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  13. DKbae00

DKbae00 New Member

Hi, I am new also to this game i end up here cuz i want to know what should i do on my units, its been 4 days since i play this game and i'm quite hooked to it and kinda seriously wants to play the game for a long time specially when i figured that noctis is hard to get from rare summon and just realize i was lucky to have him, but anyway here's my setup units i did since i played the game.

Team line up.
    Noctis , Chizuru , Cecil , Rosa , Cyan (they say this char sucks but i don't know he work just fine for me whatever)

the other char. i have...

Fina , Lasswell , Anzelm , Tronn , Faris , Ollie , Cloud of Darkness , Skaha , Sazh , Charlotte , Miyuki , Duane , Ludmille , Edge , Xiao , Celes , Cerius and Lisa. ( are there better units on the list i can use and focus on to my setup? need help to that. )

thanks in advance

14. Anderios

Anderios Member

I use lightning, noctis, Cecil, CoD, and chizuru. Have zero problems with all content. I sub in white knight Noel if I need to.
    IMO your team is fine but use cod in place of cyan. Barrage is great. Do the attack of Antonella for a great weapon for cod. Once you have cod maxed I think you will do fine even lacking lightning. I rarely run a healer besides Cecil who also acts as the tank. Cod has comeback which clears most status ailments and kind of negates the need for rosa esuna. Great support with omniveil as well. I was using faris for a bit for her blade blitz and full break. That was before I pulled noctis though. Maybe use a full breaker instead of your healer and cod in place of cyan if you're having trouble with content. Using an esper that learns cure (shiva carbuncle siren for example) can help with offheals.
    My f2p no tmr cod has 4085 hp, 414 attack, 161 magic, 180mp, 190 defense, 141 spirit
    TLDR
    replace cyan with cod and/or a full breaker. Maybe lose rosa.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    DKbae00 likes this.
  15. Anderios

Anderios Member

Really late reply but I think thunderfall is worthless. Exdeath is always a great unit but I think this game caters towards phys attackers way more than magic users. Ie lightning and luneth.

16. Anderios

Anderios Member

Imo cod chizuru lightning exdeath and Cecil. Maybe faris instead of exdeath for full break. Depends on your gear availability and style.

17. Anderios

Anderios Member

What terra said is pretty spot on. If you happen to have a Cecil lying around, max and use him in place of charlotte.

18. Anderios

Anderios Member

What units do you have available?

19. DKbae00

DKbae00 New Member

Hey Anderios thanks for replying i really appreciate it... anyway i did what you just said and i got lucky to pulled a Vaan on from a free ticket and Santa Roselia, So my team setup now is Noctis, Chizuru, Cecil, COD, Santa Roselia. (just dont know who should i replace if its 1 support out just to put vaan in for fullbreak. i was thinking replacing Santa Roselia or Chizuru for Vaan just to have the full break you think its wise to do that?

20. Anderios

Anderios Member

Chizuru is great. Fit her with murasame and she won't disappoint since she is a barrage user. 6⭐️ Chizuru is even better. Her phantom blade is a great aoe. My f2p chizuru has 420 attack. But low on life, only 3382 but you could always supplement her hp with muscle belt. Vaan for fullbreak is good for situations where you need him. I cleared the trial bosses in vortex without a healer so for current content I'm not sold on a straight healer/support being necessary. Frosty ELT isn't a problem either without a healer. Granted I usually pick up another lightning companion or luneth or even chizuru ;)
    Noctis can raise all attack, full-revive and regen mana/hp, CoD can clear status for all allies and raise all ele resist for allies (rip frosty) as well as armor break. You have great support in both of them.
    TLDR I would say vaan over santa Roselia unless you really need a healer for something. Keep chizuru in.

DKbae00 likes this.