1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Brave Exvius Unit Manager Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by DanT, Jun 13, 2016.

1. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

BRAVEEXVIUS
    unitmanager

WHATISIT?

This is a simple google spreadsheet I created because I often found myself logging in the game just to check some general detail about some of my units that I had just been asked asked about. By keeping a spreadsheet, I have access about some general information about my units without having to log in the game. It is a simple solution meant to save a little bit of time.

[​IMG]

HOWTOUSE?
    If you want to use this spreadsheet to keep track of your own units, all you have to do is access the link to the Spreadsheet Template provided below and go to File > Make a Copy. This will create an editable copy of the spreadsheet on your Google Drive, which you'll be able to fill with your unit information.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    dertydee, Ryou89, Kosiciel and 16 others like this.
  2. Nicko

Nicko Well-Known Member Supporter

Great Job! congrats! i will use it as well thanks alot!
    just be sure to update it to have the 6* count when it release,

Edit: My bad u already did! really great work,

3. Rinny

Rinny Tetragrammaton Staff Member Administrator

Global ID:
    470 787 050
    Leads:
    Ariana/Lightning
    I say everyone do up one of these and we put them all together like a community project or something fun like that!

Syuri, Hillgigas209 and JayLovesTea like this.
  4. Nicko

Nicko Well-Known Member Supporter

i will update mine today and try to post here later

Leonardo Jivalino likes this.
  5. DanT

I'm keeping a link to mine on my signature, personally.

Support for 6* units is already there for people playing the jp version that may want to use this. But if you can think of anything that should be added that I overlooked, feel free to tell me.

JayLovesTea likes this.
  6. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic VIP Supporter

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    So much this! When I get to an actual computer I will do mine lol! I'm soaking wet through today as I chose the wrong day to do a day of fieldwork.

7. JayLovesTea

JayLovesTea Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    So so so so so so wicked, I will update mine to my siggy whenever you get a chance to doing it (no rush)

Suggestions:
    Add a "statistics" tab, so HP, Mana, Attack, Def, Magic, Spirit, What type/level of materia they can equip. That was you can quickly organize who has the most default stats to compare? Further more you could add a skills tab as well. We could use this to start databasing different units and share with one another :)

Kendara and DanT like this.
  8. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    I wish I was good at these artsy type things :(:( My excel knowledge is horrible. Looks REALLY clean Dan, super inmpressed

9. DanT

That's an idea. I considered adding stats to the spreadsheet, but I feared I was making it too large because the idea was more having somewhere to manage my own units than being a true database. I'll see if I can implement it in some way.

JayLovesTea likes this.
  10. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    Add another column for esper and who its equiped to? If that is imporant. Not too sure if it is, its super minor
    Like a different tab that keeps the same values of B-D, than instead of the unitequipment you can change to unitstastics (or whatever) and unitmagicequip (the level of magic not sure what to call it)
    Though this would be a lot harder to implement to make it look as clean as it does now...skills/magics innately learned :x It would be so great to need a blind/poison/cura etc and checking the excel page to quicky have all of that available to theory craft possible teams

11. DanT

The first part seems doable. I'll toy with it later today when I stop working.

The second part would be a lot more manageble if I could find a way to pull the info from some external database. I know my way alright around excel, but the more advanced stuff still eludes me.

12. Maj

Maj Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    You can build a database in a separate google sheet and then use pull data from it a different sheet. Which would work nicely because anyone could make a copy of your template and it could still pull the data from the one database. I'm not sure how responsive it is if you're on a slow connection though. I'd be more than happy to help out with that if you want - I love me some spreadsheets

13. DanT

We'd still have to populate that database manually, though, wouldn't we? That would be a considerable amount of work, if so. But then again, that stuff is probably beyond my current spreadsheet knowledge. If you think it's doable, we could probably attempt it together.

14. Maj

Maj Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Yeah unfortunately unless we had an existing database to pull from it would be totally manual. I'm sure there's ways to pull from datamines or something but that's beyond me. I'd say really to wait for release and the global wikia to start getting added to and figure out a way to pull from that. If it's even worth that time haha

15. DanT

I have updated the spreadsheet template and moved the statistic tidbits to the top. This makes moving or creating lines in the spreadsheet a lot easier.

16. RedComet

RedComet Well-Known Member

Thanks Dan! Really help us newbie in this game.

17. Panterus

Panterus New Member

So much effort. So much love. Thanks!

18. Brand

Brand Member

Global ID:
    660 496 309
    Leads:
    Cecil, Warrior of Light
    Spreadsheets are my second favorite thing ever. I'm all over this.

Rinny likes this.
  19. Leonardo Jivalino

Leonardo Jivalino Member Supporter

Hi nicko. I added you earlier. I need can you accept me please? You got a really decent DK Cecil. Need help for pro pumpking reaper. Really appreciate if you can help.::happy::::exdeath::::cactaur::::cactaur::::op::::bard::::serah::

Nicko likes this.
  20. Galuf the Dwarf

Galuf the Dwarf Member

Dang! Nice design. Looks like something out of one of the official strategy guides. :D

I'll keep this in mind for future notice.