1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Colosseum INT S5: Frost Dragon [Guide]

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Jet Stingren, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    So, you've made it didn't you? You're at the last step at the colosseum and there is this one last threat standing in your way? Not sure how you can defeat it? Well, I'm gonna go over how to beat WD without to much hassle so you ready here we go.

Recommended Abilities:

- BarBlizzara: Frost Dragon at certain times will use Blizzara which is nasty to anyone especially if someone in your team is using Ifrit as their esper in the fight. With Barblizzara at least you'd have a -50% resistance to the attacks. Barblizzara can be crafted after getting it from the locked chest in Wolfsfang Peak, or on Shiva 2*

- Break Abilities: Easily most important one here you wanna debuff Frost Dragon as quickly as possible, hense making him more vulnerable to damage, and lessing his. If you have Vaan then he's pretty much a must here.

- Status Aliments: Frost Dragon believe it or not is pretty open to all kinds of statuses he's only immune to Poison, and Stone. I hugely recommend Paralyze, Sleep, or Blind as statuses you wanna take for this fight.

- Entrust: If you're using Roselia I recommend this for you. Entrust gives your LB gauge to a random unit on your team. If you have a unit who has this you can use this to stop confuse from happening as often as it does happen you could cure them right on the spot. Making the battle go easier.

- Imperil: This is mentioned, to make fire damage on units go easier. If you cast Imperil the damage that is done from your fire attacks is boosted by 20% which means you can chunk away at his HP more effectively.

Recommended Units:

- Cecil: You can make Cecil your status guard for one unit. One of Frost Dragons attacks has a chance to confuse. If Cecil were to block that attack he can take the status himself, or if you have the Black Choker item then he wouldn't be effected by the status.

- Exdeath / Terra / Golbez** - I recommend either or of them as they have Firaga which is what Frost Dragon is weak to, he's weak to fire attacks. Terra gets a sligher higher push than Exdeath cause of her having Raise in cause of emergency situations, and she can heal your team if your healer gets confused from Screech, or Bite. On the other hand, Exdeath hits harder than Terra cause of higher stats, and passives. Golbez has a sligher higher niche cause he has Binding Cold which has a chance to paralyze Frost Dragon so that may be worth to grab.

**Golbez is currently unreleased, he will be released on 7/8 after maintenance.

- Vaan / Duane: Duane gets a good mention as he has access to 3/4 breaks in his natural movepool. And has the two important ones of Power, and Magic Break. He can also get Mental Break from crafting to go alongside his Armor Break which would allow him to have all 4 breaks in his movepool. Vaan on the other hand has Full Break which only takes 1 turn as opposed to 4 turns that Duane would need.

- Cloud of Darkness / Bartz / Chizuru**: I recommend any of these three units to be your main attackers. As they all have Barrage which is a effective boss killer in many situations, Bartz can also hit for weakness if you give him Flametongue the sword from Zadehl Westersand (Exploration), then he can up his damage more. CoD has a inherit -50% resistance to all elements, and a 10% resist to status which means it would be harder for her to be confused by a small amount, and her resistance to Ice would make Blizzara not as painful for her.

** Chizuru is currently unreleased she will be released on 7/8 after maintenance.

Cerius: Cerius has access to Barblizzara, and Barblizzaga which gives everyone a 50% resistance to Ice (70% resistance if you use Barblizzaga) which would make Frost Dragons Blizzara attacks not to hard to deal with you can feel more at ease with his shields up, Cerius also has stat buffing moves like Brave, Faith, and debuffs like Deshell, and Deprotect you can use those to your advantage.

- Fina / Roselia: Fina is to be your main healer, you can get her for absolutely free in the second map after clearing Lechios Hills she can heal, and buff your teams ATK/DEF with Cheer. On the other hand, we have Roselia who is a more better pure healer, and can cure confuse on her LB it could be worth to also give her the Black Choker and hope you can spam her LB.

- Miyuki / Rakshasa / Firion / Gilbert: These units are listed cause they do status. Miyuki / Rakshasa being the higher prefered on this list. Miyuki's whole build is based on spreading as many status as possible which she can paralyze, and blind Frost Dragon, on the other hand Rakshasa can also inflict Sleep, and Blind and can cure your teammates with Healing Waltz to add further support.

[​IMG]
    Frost Dragon
    HP: 260,000 | MP: 150
    Resistances: +50% Ice Attacks | Weaknesses: -50% Fire Attacks
    Aliments: Immune to Poison, and Stone
    Attack Cycle: 3
    Threshold: 30% HP

Attacks:
    - Bite: Single Target Attack on enemy chance to confuse.
    - Screech: AoE chance to confuse
    - Blizzara (Threshold): AoE Ice Attack on all units.
    - Blizzara (Used every 4 turns): AoE Atatck on all units.

How to Beat: Frost Dragon despite having that massive HP stat is only hard if status gets to you, therefore making him a threat. I 100% recommend that you try to either Paralyze, or put him to Sleep before anything! If you put him under any of these two statuses, this allows you extra turns to set up buffs, debuffing him with Imperil. If you only got Sleep, try to debuff him with Full Break (or other breaks) before you cast sleep. If you hit him with any sort of Physical Attack when he's sleeping he will wake up so be wary of that. Frost Dragon has a simplistic attack order where he will either do Bite, or Screech and a normal attack after. At thresholds he will cast Blizzara which if you got Barblizzara, or they have Shiva as their esper then you should be fine. I recommend either giving your mage, or healer Black Choker which can be obtained from a sub quest in the game. This way they don't ever get confused and you can constantly heal, or deal damage with them. Frost Dragon isn't hard if you can keep status control, and win with good buffs on your field. Just watch your HP, and keep him down as long as you can.

[​IMG]

Heh, I'm your god now. Frost Dragon.

Confusion Tips: If a unit is confused, they will do one of three things.

1: Use normal attack on enemy
    2: Use normal attack and hit a ally.
    3: Use normal attack and hit themselves.

- Additional Notes:
    - Silence will 100% stop your units from getting confused.
    - If Asleep/Paralyzed and you hit FD under 30% on the turn he wakes up he will instantly do Blizzara, count your turns carefully so you do not trigger a x2 Blizzara effect.
    - Running Multiple Statuses makes this fight easier. One set of turns you can stun him. then the next you can silence, and then you can put him to sleep. DO NOT try to stack all the statuses on top of each other as he will build a resistance to all of them making it that much harder to win.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    JChunks and DanT like this.
  2. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

Silence is also quite helpful on this fight.

JChunks likes this.
  3. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
  4. Skyreus

Skyreus Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Whew... finally got him down. Thank god for Chizuru.

With lack of options I pretty much ran the team of:
    - Rain
    - Chizuru
    - Exdeath
    - Fina
    - Shantotto

Rain started with Power Break and then paired with Exdeath and Shantotto to go Firaga Elemental Chain.
    Chizuru used Blade Bash to land a paralyze and then followed with Barrage.
    Fina healed and casted Cheer.

Took a few tries but finally managed to beat it with this team after 1 timely paralyze.

5. Dandman

Dandman Well-Known Member

Done with a counter team - Rain, Garland, Rakshasa w/ main gauche. Used Fina and Exdeath w/ Cura. Most of the damage is from Garland and Rain w/ attack/powerbreak/counter/limitbreak. Occasional firaga whenever Exdeath doesnt need to heal. Just keep on healing and removing confuse with rakshasa.

6. StrivingCloud

StrivingCloud Active Member

After 3 attempts, I finally beat the Frost Dragon of S5 (Colosseum INT). Here is my line up:

1. Chizuru - her Barrage is very useful
    2. Rain - equipped with Superior Blade (for Blind) and used his Power Break
    3. Firion - equipped with Flame Tounge and used his Blade Bash (for paralyze)
    4. Fina - for healing and Barthundara
    5. Golbez - for Firaga and Sleep

7. Aysatyo

Aysatyo Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    managed to defeat frost dragon without barblizzara or barrage..
    my team are:
    exdeath - equip with cura
    firion - with superior sword, power break, blade blitz, raging fist from esper, drain blade
    xiao - unarmed, power break, armor break, raging fist
    terra - raise, cura, sleep
    fina - cura, curaga, silence from rune staff

8. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Garland - Raging Fist loop
    Kefka - Equipped with Ice Rod (dumb) and exhausted MP casting Hyperdrive and reduced to a decoration after a few turns
    Fina - Cura and Cheer (was able to cast 3x only)
    Roselia - Curaja/Cura as needed
    Cecil - defended the party

Defeated on the first try and took me about 12-15 turns, not sure...
    Only Cecil and Garland survived.

9. Kraxus

Kraxus New Member

This boss is retarded. The confusion he does is a huge pain and lack of equipment is a killer. Only 1 black choker... going on the 10th try.

10. Aysatyo

Aysatyo Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    yeah! shit happens.

JChunks likes this.
  11. LMoS

LMoS Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath Gilgamesh Delta Refia Cecil
    I just got him on my 4th run but I got lucky because he didn't spam confusion that fight and I gave up on trying to keep silence on and instead just focused on damage, keeping cheer, focus, magic\attk break and deathex debuff on. This would have been loads easier with full break but square won't cough up Vaan. Don't give up the, my first 3 fights I only got it to 50%

12. Argetlahm

Argetlahm Member

This is the current hardest boss for global, you need your black choker equipped on your main healer/tank with esuna and at least cura. Silence blade and paralysis are your best friends.

13. johngaban

johngaban Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cecil/Kefka/exdeath/locke depends
    Just beat it yesterday with so many countless lost ::kupo::
    My team are
    Kefka-hyperdrive and fira when low mp
    Exdeath-firaga
    Tellah-firaga and cura
    Rain-my tanker even though he is not a tank(equip flametounge so it will attack weakness when confius)
    Fina-cheer and cura
    Esper stat really help with this fight and i only yet have to level up ramuh to 2 star..and no unit currently with full break..maybe the frost dragon is bored seeing me try again and again and this fight i won he only use a few confusion and blizarra..i didnt even use blind or paralyze..just spam hyperdrive and firaga..finally beat him Kappa

14. dariakyl

dariakyl Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I reached INT-S4 with no OP unit, I'm pretty sure I'll cry a lot for this fight :D
    My colosseum team is : Fina, Rain, Laswell, Edgar and Cerius.

15. JChunks

JChunks Lightning strikes everytime she moves VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: Ask Akari JP: Yriadil Got it
    Sorry I am late to the party, but I beat frost dragon 1st try today...The confuse was interesting but it was not that hard. Using my standard team of WoL Exdeath Vaan Lenna Tellah
    Focus Cheer Full Break then debuf any confuse units.

EDIT: I did not have a black choker on Lenna.

16. Satan

Satan Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Memes
    Fina actually isn't as bad of a unit as people think she is

17. damevi

damevi Guest

I beat him on the 1st try with Tellah, WoL, Xiao, Lennah and Kefka. Tellah for ele resist + secondary heal if needed. Kefka was pretty low on MP before end but that's it. didn't really notice the confusion as a nuisance. Full Break currently makes all of the fights way too easy

18. dariakyl

dariakyl Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Well yeah but I lack other good units, Fina is the best of the main characters imo.
    My 5* stars are : Rain, Laswell, Fina, Celes, Cerius, Kuja, Freyja and Duane. So no real Powerhouse to beat that thing since he is immune to poison...

19. G-Dub

G-Dub Active Member Supporter

Flexibility is key in this battle. Two healers is probably not enough. You need to be able to Raise, Heal, Cure Confuse, and still deal some damage each turn.

I won on first try with Exdeath, CoD, Terra, Lenna, Tellah. It was definitely helpful having two units with Raise. He knocked out 2/4 healers with a kill or confuse a few times but it didn't phase me at all.

Thanks for the guide, it helped a lot!