1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Common Strategies "found" so far

Discussion in 'Guides' started by arel, Oct 27, 2016.

1. arel

arel Member Supporter

I'm no "expert" or something, so this thread is by no means intended for me to "teach" others , this is more like a "summary" , since I found questions like "how to beat this certain monster?" which sometimes can be "solved" by using some "common strategies". Any correction / info / details..in short, anything that can help to make this thread better is greatly appreciated :) (pardon me for any spelling / grammatical mistakes, since english is not my "mother language")

the "easiest" way is of course "get a friend who can solo it" or "use two lightning (at the time this was written) or more" . "befriend @Oboi senpai" LOL, but then again not all of us are lucky enough to be able to do it like that. so..

in most fights..any buffs or debuffs can increase your chance (if not obligatory) to win it.
    and after that...you can try..

Elemental chaining
    This is most useful if the monster/s you're dealing with have one or more elemental weakness. And this is not always means that you need to have like 3 or 4 strong maxed highest rarity mages. some units that previously considered "weak" like edgar, vivi or even sarah have been proven "good enough" as "team players" in a "magic team"

using bar- elemental spell/s
    this is related to your team's surviving chance againts monsters with strong elemental / magic attack, but to use it or not is related to whether you can kill it / them "quick enough". I actually prefer "offense is the best defense" unless it's really necessary to do otherwise.

Physical chaining
    I found this trickier to execute than most "magic" chaining, since each units have different "timing" even if they have same skill like barrage for example. So u probably need to "practice" first with the units you're using in your team

Limit Burst /esper evoke unleash
    some limit bursts /esper evoke can be very effective, and in long trials, you can try to "save" them for the final boss. Usually, the "trick" is to use just enough abilty / magic with your strongest attackers and have the rest like healer or support use normal attacks. That way, you can save some MP and fill the LB / esper bar (it's random, so not always working unless the fights are long enough)

that's it for now, will update it if I found / remember some more :)

Ciao, Vayhn, K.Abuse and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aysatyo

Aysatyo Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    it's always good to know first the boss you will be fighting before getting into the fight. there are few sites (including this one) that gives valuable info on these bosses. so make sure to check them out first before rushing into battle.
    For me, offense is important but survivability is more important. Always have a good healer and support when fighting a boss. My mages and tank also got healing spell to help in healing when needed.
    Some bosses are not immune to certain ailments. you can exploit that weakness but remember that once they got hit with that ailment, they tend to develop resistance to it. So it is more advisable to inflict one ailment at a time if the boss got more that one ailment weakness. most ailments (if not all) lasts for 3 turns..

arel and Ciao like this.
  3. Ciao

Ciao Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    377 724 470
    Leads:
    Lightning Mah Bae
    Definitely right. Know all the details of the fight you're gonna encounter. Don't focus on Killing it but how to survive it's attacks. Plan wisely and don't take the road too fast. Gear up! Grind TMs(its essential to the game). Max up your party and all is well. The game is not hard if you set up and planned up ahead before taking action. And also you need friends so don't hesitate to ask people here are strong and friendly! **cough** @Oboi Senpai**cough**

arel likes this.
  4. arel

arel Member Supporter

True, know your enemy, know your self and you'll win every war
    -Sun Tzu- :)

Ciao likes this.
  5. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    It's is true that knowing your enemy is half the battle. But personally, I love taking a new boss/event using my "Tactical" party without any boss tips/information from the forums/wiki/reddit and just go "pre-internet" final fantasy and fight them head on and adjusting along the way. It works pretty well so far except for that one time back in INT-S5 Collo Europa!!! lol! I remember using 9 orbs to try to beat it back then using Cecil, Clyne, Roselia, Lass, and Rain. Imagine how difficult that was using that roster with Raging Fist as my only powerful attack. Until I just gave up and went here to get help.

We can call it "Shoot now, Google later" attitude/technique that adds fun playing FFBE.

Ciao,
    CeciRose

Jongiks and arel like this.
  6. Jongiks

Jongiks Well-Known Member Supporter

I mostly do that shoot now, google later. Where's the fun if you win everytime right? Lessons are learned from on-hand experience.