1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Dark esper guide!!!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by S3PHIR0TH, Oct 31, 2016.

1. S3PHIR0TH

S3PHIR0TH You need more HP :3 VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Onion Knight | Tidus
    This fight IMO is the easiest out of the three most recent trials. So if you've defeated Gilgamesh, this fight will be easy, especially if you have minfilia (she makes this trial a joke).

Recommended units

Support:
    Minfilia - She was literally made for this trial... She has a confuse resist buff, which will help prevent your attackers from getting confused. She can also up each resistance by 70%.
    Marie - She's a great support too! She can up the resistance of every single attribute by 50%, so she won't have to be working as hard as minfilia. She also has barfiraja and barwaterja and she also has dual cast so she's also great for this trial. Her flaw is that she doesn't have any confuse resist skill.
    Rikku - Rikku is a must for almost every trial. She has reraise with her lb and she has a skill that ups the resistance of every single attribute by 40%. 40% may not seem like much but she also has a built in 30% damage migitation too!

Tanks:
    WoL - He's a great tank that has 100% provoke. He may be dying a lot but your other units will survive! Additionally, he has powerful breaks but the flaw is that his breaks are AOE so if both espers are alive, they will counter with some powerful attack.
    Cecil - He is a great tank with lots of versatility. He doesn't need to use any skill before being able to tank well. He can just guard. Additionally, he has a great LB that works nicely to decrease the squishiness of your units and increase the firepower.
    Wilhelm - He's the best pure tank in the game but he doesn't have much versatility mixed in. However, he does a great job at what he does and he can easily take a hit!

Attackers:
    Tidus - He's a great attacker that can put out huge amounts of damage. But his most useful ability is his mp regen move that also gives 100% water resist.
    Orlandu - He can put out even more firepower than tidus and he also can debuff attack/magic for ifrit. This is super useful because unlike WoL, this move is ST so siren won't counter.
    Eileen - Shes a powerful attacker with the highest attack stats in game! She also has an AOE mp regen that helps maintain your MP in this battle.
    Balthier - He works the best with one of these units above because he is can debuff element resistance. He also can debuff defense and attack, which is super useful for siren and ifrit, especially if you don't have another breaker. Balthier is also resistant to confuse so he won't randomly attack your units. His finishing blow is also super lethal and you'll have to worry about putting out too much damage! (I have no balthier it's sad ::cry::)

Healers:
    Tilith - Shes an amazing healer that can provide full heals and can help keep your MP in good shape so the no item clear is easy. Additionally, tilith can also buff all attributes except for dark so if something goes wrong, tilith can help buff your units a bit
    Rem - One of the best healers behind tilith, rem has a great skill set. She can put out decent damage while healing and she also has reraise which is very useful for tanks like WoL or healers who are very squishy and prone to dying.
    Refia - Great healer but needs dualcast to be decent.
    Yshtola - Has dual cast curaja for heals and also comes with protectga and shellga to reduce the squishiness of your units. Yshtola also comes in handy during thresholds as her LB can dramatically reduce the damage taken.

Mages:
    TBH, they are not the most useful in this fight because of their squishiness. However, esper terra is a great mage that also has arise. In addition to that, she can evade attacks with a high chance so she won't get very damaged.

Dark espers tips:
    1. Don't skip any thresholds at 70, 50, and 30%. They will either mega nuke you if you skipped 70% or they will both full heal if you skipped 50%.
    2. Keep ifrit attack debuffed. This is crucial to surviving because it will make this trial a walk in the park.
    3. Always keep element buffs up. Without element buffs, they will hit very hard. However, with buffs, they hit like me trying to punch someone.
    4. Do not debuff ifrits defense/spirit and do not debuff sirens attack/magic. They will counter attack with a very powerful ability.

Recommended equips:
    Black choker - this needs to go on your best physical attacker unless you have minfilia.
    Grand helm - this is great on your tanks however it also might benefit your attackers as it prevents confusion and sleep when equipped with a heavy armor.
    Flame mail - increases fire resistance
    Flame shield - increases fire resistance
    Demon mail - increases fire power and provides a lot of defense. It also increases darkness resistance.
    Force armor - increases defense by a lot and provides some resistance to attributes.

Esper tips:
    Bring siren, ifrit and diablos for additional resists. Diablos goes well on your healer.
    Do not bring carbuncle, ramuh or shiva. It's not worth the extra stats for additional damage. What can a unit do when they're dead?

This concludes my guide! Feel free to comment if you need help or suggest anything!

kurizu, Aras25, Zenn and 2 others like this.
  2. JChunks

JChunks Lightning strikes everytime she moves VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: Ask Akari JP: Yriadil Got it
    Whoohoo Dark Espers Guide FTW

Since I got trashed on my last Dark Espers run, I will actually attempt to use this guide unlike my Europa n Gilg runs where I was winging it::innocent::

S3PHIR0TH likes this.
  3. hierotubas

hierotubas Anime Axolotl VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    2B
    I see what you did there :rolleyes:

To add on:
    - Each time the esper reach a threshold, it will buff itself and idle on that turn. It will unleashe AoE nuke attack on the next turn after buffing itself. Make sure to dispel it immediately, recover your hp, set up some elemental resist buffs and defend if you want to (plus reapply atk debuff again to ifrit after dispelling it.) Both esper will take less damage if isn't dispelled. Take note that siren's nuke has sleep effect on it, prepare any AoE heal + ailment cleanse or equip any sleep negating equipment/set up some null ailment buff.
    - Siren often uses osmose; this is why I use WoL as main tank. If he's hit by siren magic attacks on that turn, there's a chance for him to heal his mp (WoL's passive: chance to heal hp/mp when attacked by magic.) Keep 100% provoke on, but better to not use it when you don't have any elemental resist buffs; he'll die for sure.
    - Few weeks ago you can prevent all threshold nuke by draining all of the bosses' mp to 0. Currently this isn't working anymore in this trial and ultros trial, perhaps it's a bug? Let's hope they'll fix this.
    - Well, I'd like to recommend Illus for this trial. He can null ailments, cover healing and recover party mp if necessary, especially when osmose kicked in. Mp regen only heals mp at the end of turn, but Illus special preparation can heal it immediately when activated. This is crucial if you run 100% provoke WoL and his MP is drained on previous turn. Still, his drawback is you need 1 turn to prepare him to heal hp/mp. If you can time it right, he'll be a good support.

....hmmm. what else should I add? Ah, libra pics and the bosses' parameter.

JChunks and S3PHIR0TH like this.
  4. JChunks

Leads:
    I feel like benching Rikku and running
    Wol
    Landu
    Eileen
    Marie
    Tilith

Thoughts?

5. teppi

teppi Well-Known Member

Japan ID:
    1 run for all missions and both libras this helped a lot along with https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/missions/trial/2-7 thanks!!

eileen (ifrit), ashe (odin), agrias (siren, and lvl up! 86=>87), rikku (lakshmi), tilith (diablos) load everyone up with hp materia and fire resist items... tilith only had 4.4k hp though and 30% fire, 50% dark, no deaths might not have been doable with this team without rikku lol everyone else had 6-7k hp though

6. teppi

teppi Well-Known Member

Japan ID:
    idk I felt like rikku was mvp...I think these trials are gonna be sooo much harder on global having to do them before rikku comes along...

Ghazali likes this.
  7. hierotubas

hierotubas Anime Axolotl VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    2B
    I once did it before rikku arrived; it's almost unsurvivable withouth fire resistant armor+ barfira + tidus blitz mind. It was hell.

Looking forward to see GL players attempting this trial ::ink::

8. JChunks

Leads:
    Died again, I'm convinced my Eileen is useless in this fight.
    I'm leveling my Marie and going to go
    Tidus friend
    Landu
    Wol
    Marie
    Rikku
    Tilith

Edit: I did burn down Ifrit but Siren Aoe nuked me w sleep.
    I will ATK her w fire so I get rid of the sleep next time.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  9. Zenn

Zenn I Feel It Coming :3 VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus |D.Verita
    -Never hit ifrit too hard, or he is going to send you to heaven or drag you to hell along with him
    -Siren's osmose is every 3 turns and every turns when she is alone
    -Every time you try to blind siren, she will counter you with silence.

10. teppi

teppi Well-Known Member

Japan ID:
    Oh no haha...I had at least 50% fire equipped to everyone, rikku buff up all the time, and everyone except tilith 6k+ hp...still dropped under half health some turns lol

idk about GL they are really changing the game, the unlimited cheap materia from mog king is limited to 2 and up more than 6 times in price...they really don't want us to have reasonable hp :/

11. JChunks

Leads:
    Guys can I burn these two down at the same time?
    I get to Siren now but the lowest I got was 20% then I forgot to debut her spirit n she nuked me.

Edit: was not dispelling *facepalm finished it, now I need to try the no death version, after I get some more HP pots

EDIT2: No deaths was easy, just dont hit to hard and pass the threasholds.
    I can do no item but im too lazy to run this again....Maybe later

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  12. JChunks

Leads:
    Ok went back for the clothes using no items. Since Marie has been killing it for me, I felt she deserved it.
    I am now done fully w Dark Espers, this is my last update for this Trial.::up::

13. Anuvallah

Anuvallah Member

dark esper is a joke if you have sith landu on your team and tidus xD , sith landu really did his job here , with 3 Turn +100% Poison/Sleep/Silence/Confuse/Virus Resist & AoE 3 Turn +70% Dark Resist, very helpfull also he's immune to dark (absorb) ::ink::

get all mission in 1 try

My team was

Orlandu , WOL , Tidus , Rikku , Tilith and sithlandu friend

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  14. zenki

zenki Member

Nuff said.
    Finally done with this...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  15. Selim33

Selim33 Well-Known Member Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis / D.veritas / Tilith / Eileen
    Dat moment when only siren is left, and you play Tidus with his trust, Dark veritas double dark sword, and landu dark sword........ Had to kill siren with fixed damage rikku only, took me like 30 turn XD

16. p4izanagi

p4izanagi Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    JP: Tidus, GL: Orlandu
    just beat it,the no death is gonna be the next one.

merc ramza actualy makes the trial more easy, WoL + Merc Ramza is MVP on this one.

17. Angelust

Angelust Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, DKC, FV, OK, DV
    Another way to clear the trial is to one hit KO Ifrit and then one hit or two hit KO Siren.

Debuff Ifrit defense, buff attack, chain some big nukes, preferably with water element for element chain.

Siren heals and buffs for her turn, so you shouldn't receive any damage. Do the same against her with fire element.

I did it with Onion Knight, an Onion Knight friend, Dark Veritas for more damage and chaining, basic Refia for Embolden and you can use a Full Breaker or WoL's Erasers or such for Def down.

You don't get the Ifrit/Siren summoning mission reward, but it can stomp the espers hard.

18. cims18

cims18 Active Member

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Seriously i really need help on this one. Even i wasn't able to kill one of them ::cry::
    Can somebody suggests who i should assign to beat this espers. I lack of the support role and i don't have many units that mentioned above.

These are my strongest units i have in a moment. Thanks a bunch if someone willing to help::kupo::

Attached Files:

19. Angelust

Angelust Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, DKC, FV, OK, DV
    Cims - I'd probably opt for WoL, Cecil, Refia, and Rikku and Onion Knight + OP Onion Knight friend. Do you have Dualcast on Refia and/or Cecil? That will really help you.

First turn dispel both Ifrit and Siren (easy with dualcast Cecil), Mix with Rikku, put up embolden and Focus, and start off a water-attack chain on Ifrit. You may need to prioritize if you don't have a dual-casting dispel unit or the gilgamesh trial dispel materia.

Second turn heal up, put element resist up from Rikku, do more chain damage with OK.

It really helps to ATK debuff Ifrit, but if you can't, you'll just need to make sure you keep your party buffed in defense and have enough casting power to do all your heals/resurrections/dispels without falling behind.

If you bring a friend Onion Knight with over 1k attack, you should be able to chain with your own Onion Knight to bring down the espers in a few hits, assuming you have the proper buffs up.

20. cims18

cims18 Active Member

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Wow it really works, although i don't have dualcast but still i finally beat them ::kefka::
    Didn't achieve any missions yet, probably will try to get the no item mission next.
    Thanks for the advice man sure help me a lot ::up::

Angelust likes this.