1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

EX points discussion.. how does it make you feel?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sustainer, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Sustainer

Sustainer Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Luneth, Refia
    So JP has introduced a new system - Ex(Exvius?) points - there is a discussion on reddit surrounding it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...xvius_point_system_information_discussion_jp/

In a very short period of time this changed my total point of view/paradigm/behavior with respect to purchasing Lapis on FFBE.

I usually spend 30-50/month on the game, it gives me a sufficient level of "happy time" - I feel a reasonable correlation between my entertainment gained and amount spent on the game.

The above system has changed that entirely. Spending $50 now basically is me missing out on 15-20% of Lorainne. I have enough of a solid Pokedex to last me for months, especially when enhancements start to surface.

As a result, I really can't see spending a cent on this game until it hits... for the BF crowd, this feels similar to the summoner mode announcement. It stopped my P2P behavior overnight, I am not mad - if anything I am SUPER excited. If people stop buying Lapis - welp - they will have to make it enticing for us to purchase - so win/win all around.

encrypt, Jman1115 and Sorwen like this.
  2. Maverickbp

Maverickbp Active Member

Glad to see they've finally done something like this. Annoyed it happened after my noctis whaling but who knows when global will see it if ever so eh.

3. izissuki

izissuki Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Chiz |Orlandu, Light Veritas, Ayaka
    77 ,47
    with all the GL exclusive stuff.. i think, GL might get it after like... almost a year

dekaranger00 likes this.
  4. Torzy

Torzy Member

A pay wall is a death to any kind of games. FFbe will be soon.

5. Sustainer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Luneth, Refia
    It appears to be a UI element, so once we get to the same client version that JP is rolling out - we also should get it. They hinted to a similar mechanism on BF2, so perhaps there is some gacha research/trials/etc that suggest that maximizes profit.

Search for the following, they were all controversial threads/ideas at points in time.

"They will never give us 250 daily Lapis pulls" - It happened
    "They will never flatten the rare/common 3* base units" - It happened
    "We will never get missions" - It happened

Much like BF, most deeper mechanic things that happened on JP eventually made it over to global.

edit:
    I am half interested in following how this works on JP. If the game seems to go in a dark/deep pit over the next 5-6 months before we see it - welp, easy enough to bail. Perk is we have A LOT of time to see how it works out and make decisions.

Takumi Kuzuryu likes this.
  6. izissuki

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    77 ,47
    they will make it into gl..i never said it wont come, it just it will take time in my opinion.. but before ex point come, they need to implement the no troll rainbow 1st.. i think this new summon rule much more needed.. atleast no more 4* shadow etc.. imagine u got ex tix that guaranteed 5*, and u got cerius.. that will be heartbroken.. anyway, ex point is a good thing.. to keep the game alive n p2p happily spend

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  7. DarkCobra

DarkCobra Active Member Supporter

So you basically pay to get Lorriane. But if you don't or continue to be F2P, you can never get this unit?

8. Sustainer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Luneth, Refia
    Correct on both counts.

You only get these points for purchasing Lapis.

9. DarkCobra

So I'm F2P. Would like this unit. But clearly I have to drop about $500 for her. And each time you reset the grid, you get another Lorraine if you max it out? Do I want to blow $500?

10. Sefiros

Sefiros Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza, CoD, WoL
    Im affraid of when they introduce it to global, the gap between F2P and P2P will be even bigger. Because of that they might increase difficulty of events and the game won't be playable for F2P anymore, thats what Im thinking and I hope Im wrong.

DarrenRiccs likes this.
  11. Sustainer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Luneth, Refia
    Depending on localy currency - Yep!

Correct - there is a theory they will add more units over time, perhaps a progression gain/etc as players spend more.

I doubt I am going to drop whatever amount to get her ASAP, but she will align to me spending 30-50/month on the game. I get a guaranteed 5* base as well her over time - seems reasonable compared to some in my chat group that have spend 500-600 and have not seen a single 5* base unit.

Sorwen likes this.
  12. izissuki

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    77 ,47
    i see no problem actually, as you can add them and use their unit.. if you get a good team.. let them (p2p) carry you

13. FishDJ

FishDJ Active Member

This game's not about a single unit. There are many good units out there. No mandatory unless you're one of those that wants to collect everything, but you'll have to be really lucky or a whale for that to happen.

14. Sustainer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Luneth, Refia
    The P2P carry thing disappears slightly with trial 5 and gone entirely with trial 6.

People are going to need to start building solid overall squads and not rely on 1-2 turn kills.

Sparkle and izissuki like this.
  15. DarkCobra

Yea, money isn't an issue for me. But I just don't want to really drop money like that personally. I have never seen a rainbow crystal, no good dps unless you want to count Bartz. COD is meh right now because I don't have rising sun. I'm still enjoying the game. Lorriane just seem good with innate DW. I am one of those person that wants to collect everything. But I already missed out on limited time units (Elza, Halloween, Christmas) unless they come back. But it comes to a point when there will be over 500 individual units and you can't have slots for them all too.

16. Kenjiro

Kenjiro Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    386 040 264
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I hope it's not that way. Otherwise I'll have to look for another game. Money should buy time/progress, not exclusive content...

17. Sustainer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Luneth, Refia
    We have a long time to see how it shakes out on JP.

Farming TMs and having a solid squad (even if 3/4* base) is still > one uber 5* base unit.

KoS likes this.
  18. FishDJ

FishDJ Active Member

Being carried in the beginning is what drove me to grind more and improve myself rather than relying on others.

19. FishDJ

FishDJ Active Member

Yea, it's not a good practice on their end. It should be lapis spent rather than lapis purchased. Would allow regular users a chance to get the unit albeit slower....

KoS likes this.
  20. Kenjiro

Kenjiro Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    386 040 264
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I agree. But it's not about needing that unit for the content or not. For now, you don't even need one single 5* base if you have a reasonable 3* base team and a strong friend. Money exclusive content is incompatible with the F2P soul :)