1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

EX points discussion.. how does it make you feel?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sustainer, Jan 11, 2017.

1. DarkCobra

DarkCobra Well-Known Member Supporter

I absolutely agree with this. Whale will still get through the grid fast and get more and more of the rewards. But allow F2P to also eventually can grind there way into a nice special reward.

KoS likes this.
  2. Sorwen

Sorwen Ascended Member

I like the idea. It would have made me feel better when I got stupid over Elza if this was in place. Right now you can dolphin and get zip for the money. It is really defeating and makes you less and less likely to spend.

The unit is really cool, but doesn't look to be any more op than the units you can pull for free. Her TMs worth will depend on stacking because the best units already have weapon bonuses once Enhancements hit. It isn't going to over balance the game or cause Arena issues more than other units F2P can get.

I think it is a perfectly fine idea. The only thing I find kind of wrong is first the fact that the end unit might/might not change. Slower buyers might miss out if it does change, but if it doesn't there is less incentive to whale. The second is the tickets are based on the improved pull system we still don't have yet. Depending on SE/Gumi's feeling on the system since we don't have the laws that forced it on JP will depend on the actual worth outside the one unit. 4+/5+ tickets take the sting out, where Rare Summon tickets do not.

3. izissuki

izissuki Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandu,Light/Dark Veritas,TidusAyaka
    J86G84
    i wont ask that.. they spend real money n they deserve that.. its all about business and they need to entertain their client ..

4. Rayne_Masaki

Rayne_Masaki Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Global Noctis 734 atk Jp Cloud 422 atk
    I personally don't think exclusive units for spenders are bad. It's more incentive to spend which keeps the game going. I'll probably try to drop extra when it's implemented because of it. If I could just get it as a f2p though it wouldn't be worth that much.

5. Troxny

Troxny Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    037 821 228
    In one way this is good because their prices are already way too overpriced, and they rarely have good sales, so this brings the value up. But I do not like that an exclusive unit is part of the bundle. I know certain things are impossible to obtain for f2p players, but I don't think units should be. And like FishDj said, it'd be much better if it was granted from lapis spent not lapis purchased.

Overall I'd just rather they lowered the prices significantly, so that f2p players would perhaps think about buying a little too, right now there is not enough value in the packages and it won't be with these new bonuses. Basically it's for dolphins and whales as you guys call them, not fishes.

And yes I have spent a bit on the game.

6. FishDJ

FishDJ Ascended Member

Leads:
    Noctis, Ling
    Money spenders will get theirs quicker...just trying to make it a possibility for f2p players so they don't feel left out...

7. FishDJ

FishDJ Ascended Member

Leads:
    Noctis, Ling
    Free lapis is not easy to farm

8. Sefiros

Sefiros Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    Gumi will do everything to change every F2P to P2P player, now we have good example of that... they hobby is to collect innocent ppl money

Antera likes this.
  9. Angelwatch

Angelwatch Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Noctis
    Is this only for straight Lapis purchases or any money spent? I'm unlikely to buy raw Lapis but if a bundle is good enough I'm willing to spend a bit there (such as the Christmas bundle which I did buy).

10. Skal

Skal Well-Known Member

Everyone focus on Lorraine, but you get a 5* base guaranteed summon ticket at 200 points, and several 4* base guaranteed tickets before.
    The unit itself is nice, but not nice enough to shell 500 bucks+ just to get her. If you are a whale and get it then fine, but I don't think that I would pay just for her :)

I treat it as bonuses added to the buy of Lapis, so it is a good thing.

By the way since we have Amazon in global it will be interesting to see if they keep the same mechanics of converting Lapis bought into points, as it will mean that the discount from Amazon would apply too !

11. Rayne_Masaki

Rayne_Masaki Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Global Noctis 734 atk Jp Cloud 422 atk
    But you still get it. If I was smarter and only summoned on certain banners in the beginning I'd probably have quite a bit left. We have gotten a fair amount and easy or not the amount of money that gets spent on this game does in my opinion deserve a little more than just getting stuff quicker. I've spent way more on this than a console game or even subscription games and getting more for it would certainly be nice given all the trolls crystals and the fact we still miss out on a lot even spending. Those that have definitely spent way more than me I especially think deserve more. If you can spend $1000 on a game and still not potentially get what unit you want the least they could is give one guaranteed one.

12. Zeran

Zeran Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Firion
    As a formerly F2P/ current minnow(i spent $50 lul) this really doesn't bother me. I don't really see how it changes the F2P/P2P gap. That gap is already an enormous canyon and looking at the rewards i don't see how this widens that gap significantly. The bonus lapis and sacred crystals are a nothing reward. The Cactaurs change nothing because whales max their new units out basically instantly anyway. The burst pots are maybe the most significant thing on the list since they are the rarest, but maxing out most characters LB's isn't a game changer. The tickets are a nice bonus, but really just potentially let them spend a little less money for summoning that new unit they want. Lorrain sounds potentially awesome, but anyone who isn't spending the $500 it takes to get those points probably doesn't have the lapis to get her in a banner summon either so again changes nothing really.

By my view the people this helps the most are the low-mid level spenders who, over time, will end up with at least 1 if not 2 good 5* base units and various other novel if not particularly game changing rewards. Anyone calling this a "pay wall" or claiming this as the end of being able to be relevant in the game as a F2P is blowing it out of proportion. These rewards are a small offering to entice/make people feel better about spending some $$$ since there is now a guaranteed reward at the end of the rainbow. In fact now there is an actual rainbow at the end of the rainbow lolRainbowCrystalRainbowCrystalRainbowCrystal

Eragon, Jac235, Kira and 2 others like this.
  13. Requiem

Requiem Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm not all that upset with this because they had to something to get people to spend money especially when they give really generous rewards over in JP. Especially with Youtube pulling videos showing whales spending thousands and getting junk.

I mean, look at the anniversary rewards and Onion Knight banner over in JP. I know myself and many others took advantage and rerolled accounts over and over again till we ended up with top tier accounts. Great for us, but for those people with older invested accounts who spent hundreds and didn't have a single Onion Knight compared to new accounts with single, double, or even triple Onion Bros?? How would that make you feel if a rerolled account is way above and beyond your account, especially if your a whale? If I was a whale, I'd probably say eff it and quit.

Yeah, this is a good move and should help keep whales hooked on spending.

DarrenRiccs and cajual like this.
  14. Troxny

Global ID:
    037 821 228
    They are taking the game in a new direction where no matter how hard you try or how lucky you are you will never be able to get a piece of the content if f2p. That is a big deal in my opinion.

Kenjiro likes this.
  15. cajual

cajual Active Member

Don't you love the entitled F2P mentality? It reminds me of welfare in the States.. F2P is like a virus upon the mindset of the gaming community, it spreads exponentially and is highly detrimental. If I had my way, F2P would not even be an option. Would be a lot better if people were just grateful for what they had, and if they wanted more chose to work for it and earn it vs beg for handouts and equality. That said, I am *very* thankful for this system. I have spent thousands and been burnt time and time over due to RNG.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  16. Zeran

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Firion
    I feel like that is a pretty inaccurate outlook. Yeah 3 OK's is great, but what else do you have with it? A decent healer? Support? Gear? Without those other things OK doesn't really mean a whole lot. Honestly i'd take my account with Cecil, Refia, CoD, ExD, and Bart/Mercedes, and the event equipment and TM's i've farmed since launch over a fresh rolled account with 3 Noctis on it. Bad ass DPS units are nice, but mean very little without a solid supporting cast and equips. If that whale is mad enough to quit over that then he's lost focus on what it is that makes his team monstrously strong.

17. FishDJ

FishDJ Ascended Member

Leads:
    Noctis, Ling
    F2P is a huge chunk of the community...

18. Troxny

Global ID:
    037 821 228
    What is that quote again, if you are bashing someone lower on the economic chain its because you are being manipulated by someone higher. I prefer p2p because they don't try to squeeze you for money every step of the way, but that's not where the money is with games like this.

19. FishDJ

FishDJ Ascended Member

Leads:
    Noctis, Ling
    Wouldn't it be nice if it was retroactive lol...

Sorwen likes this.
  20. Zeran

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Firion
    If Lorrain ends up with some super awesome skill that no other unit has equivalent to and is somehow basically required to beat a trial boss, or if it was a more significant/sought after character in the FF universe like cloud, i'd probably agree. Lorrain is a good looking DD for sure, but honestly i don't see why any F2P should be up in arms about not having the "opportunity" to pull her.