1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

EX points discussion.. how does it make you feel?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sustainer, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Kenjiro

Kenjiro Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    386 040 264
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Give the big spenders a guaranteed ticket. I don't mind. But don't totally deny F2P of any content.

2. Rayne_Masaki

Rayne_Masaki Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Global Noctis 734 atk Jp Cloud 422 atk
    So you f2ps really think you should be entitled to the same stuff as spenders without putting anything in? Sorry but in my opinion this was much needed. Even if someone had to drop $1000 in one shot to get an exclusive which I know I wouldn't because I don't have that kind of money I'd never complain because their money should be worth even more than that. With what whales are spending even an exclusive unit for spenders still is kind of a rip off but at least it's something. Sure gumi is greedy but they aren't the only ones sounding that way right now.

DRock likes this.
  3. Revenge

Revenge Dark Messenger VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru
    So, every new banner will have an exclusive unit for Ex Points?

If this gets to Global at some point, its the first step for many f2p or small dolphins to leave the game.

4. Sorwen

Sorwen Well-Known Member

OK is more versatile damage where Orlandu is only about stacking Holy damage. If Luneth was bitten by a radioactive onion he would be Onion Knight.

The only drawback to using Onion Knight that I've seen is....how dorky he looks.

DarrenRiccs, DRock and Requiem like this.
  5. FishDJ

FishDJ Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Noctis, Ling
    I don't like his look either...

Sorwen likes this.
  6. Sefiros

Sefiros Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza DW
    Of course they can't treat P2P equal with F2P thats obvious.
    No, you don't do anything its a milestone you just have to buy lapis and rewards comes to your ingame mailbox I belive.

7. Sikkun

Sikkun Active Member

At some point a pure F2P player is costing the company money. This helps motivate people to spend money, while rewarding people who already do, classic win/win.

Hell you even want to care about people who don't like the exclusive unit? Change the unit reward ever so often, open previous unit into general pool (even give it a banner, why not)! Then peope will complain the whales were gurenteed the unit (at the nice price of half a grand give or take), while F2P only gets a 1% chance.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  8. Zeran

Zeran Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cupid Artimois
    Pretty big drawback though, i mean i kinda wanna look good while i wreck shit you know?

Khidir, DRock and Sorwen like this.
  9. FishDJ

FishDJ Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Noctis, Ling
    Tru Dat...

10. Jvalz

Jvalz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth or Refia
    For me, when the game start to switch to P2W gameplay, that will be the downfall of a gacha game.

Just some advice for Gumi to increase the 'dolphin number' from the F2P purist community rather than completely make them leave:
    1. Change the Gacha system, get rid all the troll crystals. If golden crystal show up, it should be 4 stars based unit, and if rainbow crystal show up, it should be 5 stars based unit.
    2. Try to sold great bundle like in jp. For example, try to look at jp new year bundle: it is so great, but not too OP. Whaling for unit is better than buying this bundle, but F2P player may consider buying this bundle instead of go whaling. Thus the F2P player will change into dolphins.
    3. Once a month, sell a bundle of guaranteed five stars unit with quite high price. Some F2P will consider this kind of offer, eventhough not every one of them.

11. Zeran

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cupid Artimois
    Don't worry guys, if she's good enough to be worried about all the F2P/minnows will get to use Lorrain the same way we get to use every other awesome base 5*. By borrowing her from a ::whale::

12. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Administrator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    Inb4 Cloud/Sephiroth is Ex Summon only.

13. Zeran

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cupid Artimois
    Now this I would understand people being pissed about. This is actually kind of the reason I left mobius

14. Sir Vincent

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    By looking at Lorraine, I feel the most desirable units will be chosen, and we all know which one is.

15. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

This is why I have maxxed Gilberts at the ready. Keepin' the dream alive. Gimme a broken 6* GL Gilbert Gumi.

16. Zeran

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cupid Artimois
    I disagree, I think they they deliberately chose to put a nobody unit in there for just that reason. That's not to say she isn't a great unit, of course she has to be because who's going to be encouraged to spend for trash? But in terms of connection to the FF universe she's nobody. If they didn't know that the fallout of putting a beloved main series character in that spot would be a PR disaster, especially one as high profile as cloud, then I think they would have lead with that. Maybe not with cloud right away but with someone smaller like Yuffie to test the waters.

17. Sir Vincent

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    We can only hope.

18. Stephane

Stephane Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    I don't know, if the whales would be satisfied if they just need to pay to win the game, I mean, it's a game after all, you get hooked into it because the challenge, the difficult to be on the top of the very top. Now let's see, 450$ for an OP unit, every whale should be able to get that, it's ok. But then after that, what's else? Do they guaranty to have new exclusive unit every 2-3 months? if not then the investment will stop there, Gumi get a surge in selling let's say for a month and then everything return to normal, even worse cause by then the whales will stop buying more, lead to the case that more exclusive units must be added, luring the whales to keep purchasing, and so on... Gradually It's become unbearable for F2Ps as they couldn't compete at all, make them all rage to quit. The game then suddenly find itself with only a small group of whale, loosing its popularity. and finally, as the whales also have no one to blable about their achievement, they will feel bored and also quit, lead to the dead of once a fantastic game...
    I don't know what's the plan of Gumi, are they preparing for the big end, collecting money before ultimately destroy the game? Or will they satisfy with a small group of whales and dolphins in their pool, loosing their small golden fishes to, let's say, Candy crush Saga?

19. Sir Vincent

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    I don't understand why ppl keep bashing Gumi. This is Alim and Square Enix, mostly Square Enix.
    If you blame, at least point the finger at the right target my friend.
    Gumi is actually trying to make our lives easier.

20. Stephane

Stephane Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    Well if you say so, then my bad for having no inside of the situation.

Sir Vincent likes this.