1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

EX points discussion.. how does it make you feel?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sustainer, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Wreckd

Wreckd Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Knight Cecil

How is that denying? F2P piggy back off the people that pays, this is a business above anything else. As mentioned, this is a safety net for their big spenders, most likely to prevent the "I've spent $2000 and didn't get anything when the rates were x% to pull x tier of units".

F2P: How does that even affect these guys? It's not that like you were paying for anything in the first place?? It's not really going to affect the way F2P plays the game now does it?

Is it an addition to the game? Yes it is.

But really? Think about it, does it make any difference to a F2P player if this is implemented in Global? They ain't forcing people from buying anything. Needs & Wants are two different things. People should learn to make the difference between the two.

cajual, Onejah and Sir Vincent like this.
  2. Gsplatter

Gsplatter Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DKC
    Right now the only downside I see is that all the big spenders here pay attention to the JP version. Why would whales spend money on GL knowing this won't be implemented for another year? There should be something for GL spenders to encourage them to stay on this server.

Sparkle likes this.
  3. Cherub

Cherub Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina
    This is just what I was thinking. I don't think they realized this ahead of time though.

Now that I know this will eventually come to GL, it makes me think: "Hmm maybe I shouldn't spend money on GL until this is implemented or else I'm going to miss out on EX points in the future"

4. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Administrator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    Future EX points or at the present OP unit (Noct-Orlandu-Tidus-Eileen-Rem-Veritas-Balthier-etc.?). I don't think any real whale would endure a sub-par team for all contents while waiting for the changes to Ex point or Crystal rules to be applied.

THEY ARE WHALES. Whales don't wait, they get what they want, when they want it. Simple.
    In their mindset, this change is another "Oh cool! More bonus for me in the future. I can't wait to get 5 Lorraines for my team."

Your mindset is the F2P or little dolphin one. Similar to how most don't pull and save for Tilith-Orlandu.
    So in the end, it's the same, only F2P or small dolphin adjust their spending pattern, the real big spenders are more interested in the future of the game, thus continuing to support.

They DID think far ahead of time.

5. Cherub

Cherub Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina
    What I'm referring to by "thinking ahead", is to how GL will see this system on JP and perhaps change their spending habits looking ahead... until EX is implemented in GL.

You seem to be intensely referring to an entirely different point... I'm not discussing Whales vs F2P here at all lol.

6. GranZon

GranZon Well-Known Member

I think it's the company rights to rewards big spender like Ziss. after all they are the one who keps ffbe running. As long as they don't deny F2P in CONTENT, meaning that people don;t need lorraine to finish the content. they still can finish with what they have. sure lorraine is OP, but if you have OK, Noctis, Nyx, DV, etc that can finish the content, so what??

we still can use lorraine from a whale friends. like @Wreckd said, please differ needs from wants.

If one suggestion to help f2p can get lorraine maybe changed to lapiz spent also good. but then again it's decision of the company, and how whales and ffbe community in japan react to this. whatever it is we will see how it goes in japan, still a long way to go for GL to get this. just enjoy what we have right now and keep doing smart spending on lapiz i think we should be good;)

7. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Administrator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    As I said, only F2P and small dolphin change their spending patterns. And it already shows no big deal.
    Crystal rules change is how SQEX test the water between spending power of F2P and small dolphin and their bigger picture revenue according to such changes.

8. Sikkun

Sikkun Well-Known Member

These points are happening in JP where 1 and 2 already exists...not in global, by the time it happens in global 1 and 2 will already exists.

Though please explain how the game isn't P2W now. Spend money -> best team and TM possible -> win. This change only lowers the amount of money required to actually get something decent gurenteed.

9. Akroma

Akroma Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Firion
    Atleast p2p players are having some more benefits now. I've already read a lot of spenders cries after not getting their target unit. This way, they can spend more and reassured that they are getting something in the end.

10. Zeran

Zeran Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Firion
    Personally i think we'll see this hit Global a lot sooner in global than people think. If this stimulates sales in JP there is really no reason for them not to implement it here almost immediately, probably just with a weaker 5* unit to start. As for the P2W thing, yeah i agree assuming "winning" is having the strongest team possible within the meta. In terms of passing content, or even doing well in arena frankly, this game is probably currently the least P2W gacha game I've played. This EX point thing doesn't appear to be changing that either, so until they put in some content that just CAN'T be passed without this magical EX unit people should chill out with all this "they're making the game P2W" hyperbole. They can run to another Gacha if they wan't, but i doubt they'll find a place where they'll have it better than they do in FFBE right now.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  11. Sikkun

Sikkun Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be people who claim they can't clear it without one unit. Then there will be that one YouTube video clearing it with some stupid low team lol.

12. Thoraeon

Thoraeon Well-Known Member

I am a little dolphin at best. Personally, I think it's silly to spend thousands of dollars on a game that people have no trouble beating for free, but whatever floats your boat.

As to this reward for big spenders, I think it's good. It encourages them to spend more and it rewards them for it.

As for Lorainne, it's a slippery slope. She is good, but not earth shattering. If she were something like Onion Knight released in current content and only available to whales, this game suddenly shifts from F2P (which it is) to P2W as content gets adjusted accordingly.

Creating content/characters that are only available by paying will slowly drive out players. Gumi will be fine if all they care about is money. But I have looked very hard for a game like this, and I will be very disappointed to see it go down this dark path.

If Lorainne were added to the regular summons as well, no banner. No one would have a reason to complain.

Whales get their goodies and guaranteed Lorainne.

F2P gets their one in a million chance at another cool unit.

Everyone wins.

Whales looking down on F2P gets on my nerves though. Who are you to judge people for not spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on things that get replaced in a couple months time, when you can beat all current content without spending a cent? Yeah, they aren't paying for the game, but so what? It doesn't affect you at all. If anything, it gives you more fodder in the arena and makes brackets wider. There are plenty of games out there that are free, and if someone doesn't want to waste their money to have fun, who are you to shame them? Let them enjoy.

But beginning to cut content out from F2P is a slippery slope that can kill games when people start to stop playing. Games need active players to draw more in. If you kill off 90% of your players, good luck.

13. Sikkun

Sikkun Well-Known Member

Gumi runs global for Square Enix / Alma , this has nothing to do with Gumi. But most companies exist to make money.

Have you actually seen a whale diss peope? I've never seen a post saying "you all suck for not spending thousands of dollars".

Sparkle likes this.
  14. Childish0ne

Childish0ne Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    Lorainne is still summonable. And, I personally think this it's just evolution of the ticket system: First free summon, then 4 star base summon, and now basically the ex pts give you a 5 star pull... doesn't mean there will be OP rainbow trolls...

When I first started in was like this game is only for the major spenders, my little dolphin spending was doing nothing... now I've beaten every trial and can take ELT with a little planning and strategy...

It won't break the game, ex pts most likely given as prizes in events... And I read somewhere the system doesn't reset... so only 1 semi free lorianne...

15. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

A bit harsh but some truth in this as well. This change is meant for ppl who purchase lapis and is to not only give users extra guaranteed benefits (which is what we've been asking for) but at the same time also entice them to buy even more. It's gumi's way of giving us something we've asked for but adding an element that benefits them. Like we all point out all the time is that gumi caters to the p2p crowd as they're in this to make money.

That being said there's always the possibility they adjust it a bit to make it more f2p friendly when/if it gets implemented in global.

16. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Man if only lol. I wouldn't feel so bad after whaling and missing noctis.

17. darkmaster81

darkmaster81 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    604 896 415
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Agreed on this. FFBE is a game which if you build a good team using F2P, you are able to clear all the contents so far. I am 1 of them. I have seen games where if you don't spend, you will virtually get stuck on certain stage because it becomes impossible to win. Those F2P who rage about not about to clear without certain units need to rethink how they are playing.

Sparkle and Wreckd like this.
  18. Poots

Poots Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lando
    I've been playing the game since (US) launch, and haven't spent a dime...and I see absolutely no problem with this. People who are spending money keep the game we all enjoy alive, and giving them a few tickets to gaurantee a 5* base isn't a bad idea. Giving them an exclusive unit...well, as long as she's not a single godly unit, fine - I'll use her when she pops up as my friend unit.

One thing I legitimately hope they do - put Lorraine as the ExPoint unit now, and leave here there for a month or so, totally exclusive to ExPoits. When that month ends, though, give her a banner and let her be pulled normally, while some other unit takes the ExPoint spot - pretty much make it a "pay for early access" thing, where the unit is eventually normal. That'd make some solid benefits for whales (run a team of 5 Lorraines!), it'd create an incentive for dolphins to make a purchase sooner/bigger (gotta buy my lapis before the month ends for Lorraine, ExPointUnit2 isn't who I want), and it lets F2P people still have a shot at getting any unit in the game.

KoS likes this.
  19. Asgard

Asgard Active Member

I don't mind paying for stuff, but $500 seems a bit steep.

I've been playing FF14 for over 2 years now, and I don't think it has cost me $500.
    $12.99/month sub * 24 months = ~$312 (Well, tack on $40 for the expansion, so... $352)

20. project 86

project 86 Ascended Member

same here i am currently at Raven's Hideaway in zoldaad and i have had freaking sazh on my team for months lol and have had zero problems with difficulty