1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Featured Summon Holiday Special (Santa Roselia, White Knight Noel, Cerius, Medius) 12/23 - 1/5

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Rinny, Dec 20, 2016.

1. FishDJ

FishDJ Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Noctis, Ling
    Haha, don't put all your "eggs" in one basket.

Karn likes this.
  2. Karn

Karn Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Noctis, Exdeath
    Lol! Being happy for a 3 star scrub unit and actually wanting to pull it isn't a position I'm used to being in. It feels dirty. But it's like you said, investment in the future. I'm sick of grinding xp in explorations and there will probably be times when I don't have gigantuars handy.

I was checking the other week how much a maxed 6 star sells for. I think it was 500,000 gil. Hopefully 2 growth eggs will also come in handy for gil farming as well in the future.

FaRFrOmPoOpIn likes this.
  3. Requiem

Requiem Well-Known Member Supporter

Looking at the reddit datamine, both Cerius and Medius appear underwhelming for 6 stars, may be on the level of White Witch Fina in terms of usefulness.

Can't believe they didn't give Medius innate dual gun wield and only 20% HP to counter innate draw attacks.

Cerius is obviously niche, but at least she has a clearly defined role, even if its a role that you may never need to use her for.

4. xkratosx

xkratosx Active Member

Just lv 82, so Medius dont have Dual gun????

5. Crimson

Crimson Member

Damn this xmas banner, should i pull the last 5000lapis hoping for noctis or hold it out till new year guys? Any advice?

6. AnnieMae

AnnieMae Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Exdeath
    I just got 2 Medius today under the Noctis banner. Now I have 3.

So..do I need to keep all eggs? Or just scramble them all up.

7. Crimson

Crimson Member

Its an accessory so you could equip 2 at the time per character, it would give 2x the exp gain from battle, normally people just farm for 2 eggs.

8. Tetsuro

Tetsuro Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Pulled Noct in my daily this morning. Finally I can start saving for Orlandu

9. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

I hate when they do crossover banners. This essentially eliminates the rate up on the Noctis banner regarding dailies for it's second week. They did this a few banners ago and I wish they'd give you the option of which banner you want to use your daily on.

10. AnnieMae

AnnieMae Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Exdeath
    Thanks! So the effect stacks? I guess I'll keep 2..i have to note which of these tmr are worth having more than 1

11. key

key Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    893 Atk Gilgamesh / 740 Atk Yun
    Regardless of how terrible units are, I still wanna have them all sigh...

12. Thoraeon

Thoraeon Well-Known Member

I'm not going to bother. Medius is a weak 6* (and I already have him). Cerius is cool but I don't see much use for him.

As for WK Noel and Santa Roselia, I already have Cecil and WoL for tanking, and Refia and Tilith for healing. I don't need a hard to get downgrade.

Xshock, xkratosx and FaRFrOmPoOpIn like this.
  13. poltt48

poltt48 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Compared to Jp version global sucks for Christmas events and bonuses. The 2 new awakening are by far the worst 6* they even worst then white witch fina who at least had a revive and ritual. The new white knight Noel is actual better then Cecil and better then Warrior of light when he goes 6* but he a 5* starting unit with only 1 week to pull him so next to no one will get him. As for Santa Roselia she really good would be better then Refia if she had a rez but she does not witch hard to trade out Refia without since some bosses now and coming still can one shot your guys with 5-6k hp. How come both 6* global exclusive healers are missing skills that are now needed to be main healers in current game?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    xkratosx likes this.
  14. xkratosx

xkratosx Active Member

Me too

15. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Totally agreed about the exclusive healers in gl. My best healer is wwfina ( i not have luck in both refia and tilith). Wonder why they not give wwfina a curaja. I don't think wk would better than 6* cecil as tanker role. Some ppl say he is something as tanky mage (lol) and he 5* base so hard to get him , gumi will give us a tone of 3* trash or rainbow trolls::sarcasm::

16. poltt48

Global ID:
    https://exviuswiki.com/Santa_Roselia
    https://exviuswiki.com/White_Knight_Noel
    If you want to look at them WK Noel is better then both Cecil and WoL 6* as can see with is reduced damage bring it on ability that stacks with his attract they saying for 100% chance to be hit with 50% less damage. Problem with him is if you look banner is for what a week and he a 5* base witch means not many people will get him. Roselia would be best healer but she has no rez and no buffs.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  17. Prinny

Prinny New Member

Wanted to ask if the x-mas unit summons are active atm, since it's 23rd right now. Unless the banner isn't suppose to appear in the summon.

18. poltt48

Global ID:
    No it is only the 22nd lol.

19. Prinny

Prinny New Member

It say it starts on Dec 23rd 00:00 PST which is right now. The daily reset was 30min ago.

20. poltt48

Global ID:
    No it is 22nd today 00:30 you are a day off look on your calendar.

Zero5854 likes this.