1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Featured Summon Type-0 (Ace, Seven, Jack, Trey) 1/13 - 1/26

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Rinny, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sorwen

Sorwen Well-Known Member

What happens all too often, almost really good units. I get why JP liked Ace at first, but my luck with this games RNG means I would always be getting the lowest result. Seven could almost be cool save for being even more a split unit than our Hybrids. Jack is Chizuru's poor cousin. His only real worth would be potentially killing scrubs with Iai Strike. And Trey...

The whole banner suffers for coming so late to the game. Some of the previous banner units were just so bad it wouldn't have mattered at all when they came to the game, but these would have been decent if they would have come much earlier.

Depending on how bad the drops are and how hard it is to get these units I might still try for the bonus like I did for the FF13 event, but I can't say that I actually want a single one of these units. Even Elle scrub has been hard for me to get this event(not trying just with the number of pulls I've done I should have more than 2). I really that rather than give us decent units that we would want to pull, instead they give us trash and then make them a need to pull for the bonus.

If I hadn't spent as much money on this game as I have or if it was even the lest less enjoyable to play I would dump the game right now because of these bonus unit events. Its virtual blackmail trying to force us to pull them if you don't want to spend every waking hour grinding the event.

architect likes this.
  2. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Setzer
    Bad units with good TMRs :(

3. Cahir

Cahir Active Member

...And I didn't manage to pull any of them. xD
    ...Not like I would pull Ace anyway, lol.

4. FishDJ

FishDJ Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Noctis, Ling
    Yup...isn't that a bitch

5. bwompX2

bwompX2 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia, Noctis, or event unit
    Ace is interesting. Even with its base damage chance, Attack Hand seems good. Unless something has changed in GL from the wiki description, it is non-elemental magic damage? And you get a chance at big damage for only 30 MP. Looks like his materia gives you a better chance at the heavier damage tiers at 45 MP.

I cannot spin anything positive about Jack. Maybe I'm missing something with him.

6. GaryO

GaryO Member

Global ID:
    Well from my point of view not so much :
    • Ace TMR, Acceptance :
      • A good materia for sure, similar to Refia TMR but for Mag (30% Mag, 20% MP). Since MAG based team are not that great at the moment, it doesn't seems that awesome, for similar Mag based materia, I prefered Dark Fina TMR.
    • Seven TMR, Discernment :
      • An average Materia, the effect is nice yes, but Kefka Ruban already provide it. And, it's easy to find a +20%/+30% bonus in materia but not in accessories. I would rather have Kefka ruban equipped than loosing a materia slot for this.
    • Jack TMR, Ignorance :
      • Ins't this bad ? It's the same as CoD TMR but with the effect doubled, giving +2 to your LB each turn. Maybe for Noctis or some other unit with truly awesome LB or if you want to farm LB's level faster maybe, but I'd rather have +10% ATK.
    • Trey TMR, Knowledge :
      • A not so good materia, as very few units can truly benefit from both (20%) Mag and (20%) Spr. On many mage, Spr would be "lost" because it only help for survival and on healer the same would apply for Mag. Maybe on someone like Krile...
    In the end, I don't think there's any awesome TMR.

7. Farron

Farron Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    083 439 625
    Leads:
    Exdeath Luneth
    Totally agree on this. Sadly mage teams are meh at best. As I've always say, this game heavily favors physical DPS teams.

8. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Setzer
    @GaryO, @Farron

That's why I wrote "good" not "superb" or "awesome". I like mages, so Ace's TMR would be very good for me, and Jack's one may find some use, especially for units like Cecil or Noctis :) But overall you're right, nothing "must-have" tier.

9. Cherub

Cherub Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina
    Trey is my favorite of the group here and he's 5 star max.
    The rest of the sprites look hideous and FFType 0 wasn't even a very great game...
    Ace looks not too bad but I already have Dark Fina and I don't imagine he's better than her.
    And I don't TM farm.

PASS.

10. Ridro

Ridro Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Nice! This banner isn't exciting at all, which itself is exciting :) Since i just started to play and i will try not to spend too much money::toad:: From tomorrow on, i will really start to save tickets and lapis... (its so difficult...)

11. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member Supporter

Trey looks cute. Too bad he sucks. :(

12. Pain

Pain Member

So general condenses in getting try for ace but not too hard wait for another banner? This sucks that no good banners have been popping up. I have 27 tickets save gonna probably use two and that's it.

13. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Another banner you have to pull for bonus unit to grind the event come with it. I will spend some tics to get one or two.

14. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

Do we know GL exclusive abilities yet?

15. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Check brave exvius wiki for the infomation. Those exclusive abilities are unique.

16. Antyks

Antyks Well-Known Member Supporter

SOO glad I didn't pull for dark fina. Gonna unload on this banner and hope for ace

17. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Is it because ace holds some nostalgia for you? I ask because dark fina is from what everyone's saying the better unit.

18. Antyks

Antyks Well-Known Member Supporter

As a whole yeah but ace fits better into my line up. Plus I have exdeath(s) so fina didn't stand out to me

19. Rianthz

Rianthz Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    just gonna do daily for the sake of collection...and event bonus

20. architect

architect Ascended Member Supporter

So agree with this statement. This banner might looks great if released earlier.
    For me this banner lost its shine from the latest Dark Fina banner.