1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

News Featured Summon Type-0 (Ace, Seven, Jack, Trey) 1/13 - 1/26

Discussion in 'Announcements & Events' started by Rinny, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. project 86

project 86 Member

i havent had a mage on my team the past 3 months i have been playing but not because i didn't want any but i never pulled an arc or exdeath still trying for dark fina tho

2. Outlaw

Outlaw Member

Leads:
    Noctis, Lightning, Cecil,Refia,ExDeath
    Passing on this banner... will farm the crap out of the event though. Next type Zero one I might..

3. Maverickbp

Maverickbp Active Member

Is ace better than exdeath? I remember reading how ace was one of the top units but this was months ago. Haven't bothered going after dark Fina as I have exdeaths and all mages start losing their effectiveness compared to physical dps.

4. Sorwen

Sorwen Active Member

I agree they are not worth the lapis, but don't agree with some of your assessment.

1) While physical has become king we've had bosses that have taken both to get the job done(minus having some whale that could help you kill them the first turn) and if someone was willing to TMR grind you can make mage teams that chain any boss with a weakness dead in the first round with Dualcast. It is the best passive TMR we have for a mage. The fact that Shantotto is almost as good and a heck of a lot more common means it isn't worth trying for it.

2) Kefka does have an Accessory that does the same thing as Sevens Materia, but that is the major point there. So for some if the unit needs it the important difference is right there. The two that come directly to mind are Lightning and any unit using Genji glove who isn't already loosing a slot to DW. There are more powerful Accessories than materia in most instances though, but there is a good deal of usefulness in something that uses a different slot for the same result. They are all TMR, but then again so are the best materias. Again I would agree not worth pulling for, but if you are into TMR grinding it is more than worth getting.

3) Yeah, I can't argue this one. If you need LB there are some decent units with fast gain and transfer that you could work into most groups. And there are a 100% better materia you could be using.

4) Here is where you are wrong, but you many not have known this. Healing uses magic in its calculation. It is a lot less than SPR, but enough that a MAG + SPR materia is really good for healers. It is the best materia for healing. Though I would agree that in general something like Sticky Fingers or Mentality are as good or better choices depending on the unit. Still in all honesty I would only want one or two of those and the other two or three I would use Knowledge. Refia would be awesome with DC, Mentality, and two Knowledges. Someone like Tilith 6* that has more power than MP would do better with more MP%.

Normally I would say a 3* might even be worth pulling(if you are doing daily any way you might have gotten Trey anyway), but with as many people that had problems pulling Elle I wouldn't look to get him. Elle has the lowest pull numbers for an on banner 3* to date. I hope it is just bad luck to do with him and not a sign they've changed something.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  5. Maverickbp

Maverickbp Active Member

I've pulled 3 Elle on dailies so far. Must be lucky. Initially wanted 6 of the unit but then it was pointed out that the TM is an accessory and not a materia :(

6. Jman1115

Jman1115 Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Combine Trey TMR seems like it would benefit healers in conjunction with Ring of Lucii. Then not only does your healer benefit from both stats for healing, get more survivability but also gets increased Mag to increase Alterna damage.

7. Sorwen

Sorwen Active Member

Yeah, it would be nice...for those that got Noctis. :(

I could very much see swapping to it depending. :)

Jman1115 likes this.
  8. Khidir

Khidir Member

I have pulled 12 Elle so far for making fun of his sacrifice.

I think this system runs on karma and not chance.

9. Grimj

Grimj Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    Seven's elementalash seems great imo. I feel as if people are overlooking that. I have two lightnings and Noctis. That would benefit greatly in a fight.

What do you guys think?

10. Sorwen

Sorwen Active Member

I wasn't over looking it. 100% it is a nice ability, but doesn't make up for a mediocre unit in slot. Its also the difference on if you should pull the unit or if you happen to get her. If you are doing daily pulls anyway and get her you should 100% level her because she is situational good. Her mileage will vary even for you. Rarely is Lightnings elemental attacks preferable and almost never when you are down to just the boss. There are some situations that likely Seven would be helpful(a mostly mage team for one).

For most people though they are going to want to take Two DPS(or one and a support), a Tank, a Full Break, and Healer unit. The rest of her kit doesn't allow much for support. I would argue more if Seven's ability hit for all elements and not just fire/ice/lightning or if she had a power or two that took advantage of her higher ATK. After she does her Elemental Slash she is mostly useless. Diving Strike is only going to work for mage groups and hybrids(like Noctis). Seven's own ability and all of Lightnings elemental damage is physical.

I could go on. If you get her level her because you will find uses for her. As I said the units are out of time not useless. However I wouldn't pull just for her. In the long run she is going to be taking the slot of a better unit if she isn't already. Later you are going to want your last two slots to be WoL 6* and a healer(Tilith 6* when she comes). Though by then we all will likely be looking to replace Lightning(s) as well.

Kind of got long winded there.

Grimj likes this.
  11. Tetsuro

Tetsuro Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Side note, I went to play Type 0 for the first time last night to see if I would like any of these characters, but my SO made me turn it off when she saw someone gun down a Chocobo in the first five minutes. ::hiya::

12. Breno

Breno Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Hopefully I can pull seven for the bonus phantoma and because she has her uses. Other than that, not really excited about this banner, but I'll definitely play the event.

13. KyleTVu

KyleTVu Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lighting
    I really really want Ace, but want to save larpis and Ticket for Orlandu :(((((( What should I do now?

14. HazardSephiroth

HazardSephiroth Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath
    Do daily and spend the tix of this event on this banner if u want to pull something

15. Chemist

Chemist Member Supporter

wow... seven looks like lightning and ace is like a fan of yu gi oh cards lol

Khidir likes this.
  16. OxKriegerxO

OxKriegerxO Member

Global ID:
    905 311 490
    Leads:
    Lightning,COD
    Will their exclusive ablities make them shine again???

17. Ike Royle

Ike Royle New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Snow, Refia, Chizuru
    Well i don't agree at all. I think you forgot elemental weapons. If your whole phy team wields fire weapons (yes maybe with lower ATK) they do DOUBLE DAMAGE. I calculate damage a lot and I know to get high numbers is the most important thing, but this TIMES 2 mod can't just be ignored :3

18. Squall-FF8

Squall-FF8 New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis, Luneth, Lightning and Gilga
    I agree with u in most of the points, except tmr from seven. In some circumstances u need both accessories slots like genji gloves and ring of lucii, then tmr from seven will shine off :)

19. Squall-FF8

Squall-FF8 New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis, Luneth, Lightning and Gilga
    Keep it for orlandu :)

20. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

FaRFrOmPoOpIn Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    im aiming for 7 as i have no problem geting gold crystals lol got 4 lukas sofar from current banner.