1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

General Achievement thread (And how to!)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by JayLovesTea, May 29, 2016.

1. JayLovesTea

JayLovesTea Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    All right guys, as you've noticed you get rewards for hitting 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 (?) achievements. I am currently working on getting 30 achievements as we speak to obtain the recipe for Brave Ring (+10% attack and 10% Magic). This is the MOST used accessory in the JP version. You will utilize this more than anything else. Im going to give you guys some general hints, tips, and tricks to do while playing so you can eventually get them without very much work at all.

Tip #1:
    Always be crafting, use your time efficiently
    .Notice that a slot is empty/something is there? START CRAFTING. Since not very many of us are going to spent Lapis on more slots, it's better to start crafting and using those slots right away. What I do is craft Shurikens (Bronze ore) for my item synth, Bronze Dagger / Leather whip (1 Bronze ore or 3 leather hides) for my equipment, and rotate between the CHEAPEST (gil) spells to craft, always start with the spells you have excessive crysts (Extra bonus is you get a FINE ALCRYST which is used for higher spell recipes / magic key forging). This is an easy 3x acheivos for the collection after you hit 10 crafts. Bonus is at 100 crafts which you gain good magicites to use. But focus on the 10 of each at first and continue to keep yourself in the routine of crafting. It seems tedious but I promise you, it's worth it.

+3/30 - EASY
    +3/30 - MODERATE/EFFORT REQUIRED
    +3/30 - HARD. HEAVY GRINDING

Tip #2:
    Don't be lazy while battling, there is worth and merit in using spells and abilities.
    All right, I know, I know, I fall victim to this one as much as all of us heavy grinders. This one only applies to missions/explorations/vortexes, it does NOT apply to the Colosseum. Listen close, you will never reach the level 2 achievo mark without using your spells and abilities, even while grinding. So the easiest way to hit 100, the first level, is to queue up all the spells you possibly can (6 different spells, including your friend if possible), then hit repeat. Every time you hit the repeat button thats +6 spells/abilities on your counter. Note that these are separate achievements. You are grinding anyways so might as well start chipping away. I'll put using items in this category as well, just use 10 for an easy trophy.

+3/30 - EASY

Tip #3
    There is power in numbers, acquire as many friends as possible.
    There are two ways that you can go about this, getting 100+ friends on your friends list and picking up people through entering their Friend ID // Adding them in game or adding everyone that plays FF:BE on facebook (Bonus, you get 1500 lapis if you add 50 friends on facebook that place the game). The friends you add to facebook DO NOT have a limit as to how many you can add. I am currently at 404/95 friends because of this feature. Now for the reason why you want as many friends as possible...There are 3 achievements related to this. 1) Forger of Bonds - Accumulate FP (10000FP for the first level, 100,000 for the second level, 1M for the third). 2) Generous giver - Gifts Given (10 for the first level, 1000 for the second, 10000 for the third), 3) Person Reknown - Gifts Received (10 for the first, 1000 for the second, 10000 for the third). Now the first level of all 3 are given to you really fast, the second one is where massing friends will help and the third one is where having a lot of friends for a long period of time will help the most. Currently I am half way to the second achievement of receiving friend points (55k total) and have completed the second 2 levels of the other ones. I'll have those ones complete in about 2 weeks.

+3/30 - EASY
    +3/30 - HARD. TIME CONSUMING

Tip #4
    Test your might as often as you can in the Colloseum brave warriors!
    There are 3 easy achievements that you can get quickly by participating. Plus you get Lapis and other bonus items as rewards to boot! The next level of all 3 is a little bit more time consuming but if you keep on it you should have those levels within a month of playing.

+3/30 - EASY

Tip #5
    Forget what your parents told you, stealing is GOOD.
    Hide your kids, hide your wives monsters...Thieves are going to plunder everything. Now look, theres 2 obtainable achievements up for grabs that require "steal". What you can do is when you FP keep the two units with steal (Edwin and Paul) and create a party of 4 or 5 and as you are grinding max sure to take an item from each monster. Now this is where things get interesting. If you use the steal ABILITY, yes ability, you will start tallying for 2 achievos at once. Glorious isn't it?

+1/30 - EASY
    +1/30 - MODERATE/EFFORT REQUIRED
    +1/30 - HARD. HEAVY GRINDING

Tip #6
    With the power of earth, wind, fire, and water -- We summon thee God's of the Elements.
    Aight I'll admit that was cheesy as well. Listen, there are some parts of the game that will just take time, this is one of them. When you are in exploration, make sure that you use your Espers AND Limit breaks as often as possible. As I was playing through the story I thought these would come naturally. Nawww, that isn't the case as I found I was lazily playing and just 'autoing' myself to victory so these acheivos actually took work. Including the first level. So without further adieu I present to you the next tip. Use your effing limits / espers whenever possible.

+2/30 - EASY/MEDIUM. WILL TAKE TIME
    +2/30 - MEDIUM/HARD. HEAVY GRINDING
    +2/30 - HARD/FRUSTRATING. SUPER SAIYAN NECESSARY

Tip #6
    Momma always said never to worry about the little things :).
    There are quite a few achievements that you don't have to put any effort into and will come with time.

Gil collecting is quite easy to hit the second level. I am currently at 533k total and I haven't been trying to get gil. If you do need money what I do while grinding is bring a free unit along to level him to level 13+ and sell him. Thats 4k-45k depending on how high you level it.

Awakening units comes naturally and hitting the first two levels aren't a problem. Again, that will come with time, though you could power through this achievment by pulling free units and awakening them. The first level should easily be achievable and the next level can be had when you want. 2 Free trophies!

Crushing Conquer - Damage output in one turn will be yours just by progressing through the game. I have 2 trophies for this achievo. Hitting the next level will take levels and equipment.

God of War - Total Damage Done should be maxed just by playing for 3 days. Easy Peazy, another 3 trophies

Esteemed explorer will give you 1 trophy for explorations, the next will again come through playing the game. I am at 633/1000 playing for 2 weeks. You be the judge

Quest champion will be completed as time goes on, it requires us to clear content. Currently we sit at 24/70 (correct me if I am wrong) for the last 2 trophies. Unable to complete this fully so I will only count the 1 trophy in the tally

+11/30 - EASY
    +2/30 - MODERATE/EFFORT REQUIRED

Conclusion
    It's going to take some work to get the 30 trophies, some effort is required but for the most part the brave ring is easily obtainable.

For efficiency on grinding specific achievements I found having all my characters use cure/potions/non damaging as many times in a battle witll make it sky rocket.

My total tally for everything is:

26 EASY TROPHIES
    17 TROPHIES THAT REQUIRE EFFORT
    18 TROPHIES THAT REQUIRE LOTS OF TIME AND EFFORT

Leave notes here and tell me what you guys think. Thanks for reading hope this helped!

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  2. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
  3. SurriSama

SurriSama Refuse to quit!

Great work, I would need to get a few recipes before i could follow half your advice though sadly :P

4. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    Yeah the reason I post this is for the Brave Ring recipe thats obtainable. I BELIEVE we can farm the mats through the event coming up which is going to be swell. This is going off of a reddit post.

SurriSama likes this.
  5. Snjits

Snjits Well-Known Member

6. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    Yeah I have 24 completed because I am waiting on Hill Gragas to be available in an exploration in the second island. Thanks :)

7. Snjits

Snjits Well-Known Member

could run granshelt palace for your daily quest runs (unless you're so focussed on catacombs for rank exp)

8. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    Im focused on it. I tried doing it 10 times and no encounters. Min:maxing all the way :P

9. Rixa

Rixa Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Stealing is not bad. Its the stupid "Swipe right to get 10 seconds lag bug" that makes all the grinding bad :(

[​IMG]

I started to steal right from the beginning since my reroll char is Vaan.
    1. In Grandsheld Catacombs - Exit I try to chose Vaan friend for double steal tries.
    2. Target one enemy, let the Vaans do steal others kill.
    3. Use "Repeat" on every enemy, you get about 2-8 successful steals per fight.
    4. Architeuth (boss) either steal or use all the LBs / if your Esper is ready to it so you get other benefits from that fight.
    5. Using spells would prolly be good too, if there wouldnt be that stupid bug.

10. Rinny

Rinny Nin Staff Member Administrator

Global ID:
    470 787 050
    Leads:
    Ariana/Lightning
    One more away from hero ring, just wanted to bump this up cause its been helpful

thanks jay

JayLovesTea likes this.
  11. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    We can now complete 40 quests for the second tier rewards. Also to get 300k damage done, go to the second level in the earth shrine with a team of mage and a ex death friend or another high level mage and have everyone chain magic on the first boss and you have it done. 500 lapis and another reward for hero ring.

If you want, you can take a team of libra or steal or cure users then hit repeat and have them cast it until all their mp is depleted, finish the mission, then do it again...that's a very grind but efficient way of getting the magic and ability achievement.

Buy 99 of 5 items and take them to battle (you can only take 5 different items and only 10 of them will come with you), have everyone use one, spam repeat until your items are depleted and...there you go 50 items used in battle.

Any other suggestions guys?

V33S, Clarissa and Rinny like this.
  12. Jake

Jake Member

Global ID:
    Should add now, since we can get Earth Key 25, which is for the skill steal, that it makes stealing a lot easier.

Clarissa likes this.
  13. Revenge

Revenge Dark Messenger VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru
    With the third island coming in a few days, maybe there will be new achievements and make this easier?

14. Caraquena

Caraquena Member

There will certainly be new quests, so it should now be possible to reach the Gold (70 quests completed) level for the Quest Champion category. But I've read elsewhere that the only new achievement categories that Japan has and we don't are all PvP (Arena?) related and I don't think we're getting that yet. So you still need to grind out the ones we have now to get the hero's ring recipe.

15. Nintura

Nintura Active Member

Not sure if they changed it but bronze knifes take 3 copper. Is there anything else that's easier? I ran out of whips after about 60 of them.

16. Caraquena

Caraquena Member

The bronze knives seem to be the easiest for forging. For item synthesis, shurikens are only 1 copper, and if you have a unit like Hayate with the Throw ability you can use them up in farming battles to work on the item use trophy.

17. Nintura

Nintura Active Member

yes but my point was that's 4 copper for each refresh. you run out of copper extremely fast this way. Trying to find better alternatives or better ways to find leather and copper.

18. Thay

Thay New Member

this information was a great help for me, thank you. I intend to become a career thief now lol.

19. Delta12

Delta12 New Member

Have a question about Bart auto potion. Can I use that for the item usage achievement or it doesn't count as using item. Thanks