1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

[GUIDE] Be a hero! - a guide to hero rings

Discussion in 'Guides' started by DanT, Jun 25, 2016.

1. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

[​IMG]

EVEN IN THE CURRENT JAPANESE METAGAME, Hero Rings are still widely employed due to providing great bonuses and being comparatively easier to farm than other available accessory alternatives. There are better accessories, but none as easily available as the Hero Ring. This guide will show you everything you need to know about them and how to become a hero!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HERORING
    +10% ATK
    +10% MAG
    +3 DEF
    +3 SPR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    RECIPE: HERORING
    [​IMG]
    10 Ice Megacrysts
    [​IMG]
    10 Fire Megacrysts
    [​IMG]
    3 Silver Ores
    [​IMG]
    4,000 Gil
    72 HOURS CRAFTING TIME

HOW TO OBTAIN: The recipe for Hero Ring is obtainable by completing 30 Achievements. For more information and tips regarding achievements, refer to JayLovesTea's General Achievement Thread (And How To!).

[​IMG]

The materials needed to craft Hero Rings are obtained from Harvest Points in certain Exploration Maps in the Lanzelt region. Be prepared to dedicate a considerable amount of time and energy to farm them at this stage of the game.

[​IMG] ICEMEGACRYSTS
    Ice Megacrysts may be found at Harvest Nodes in the Wolfsfang Peak Exploration. The drops are semi-rare, so be prepared to spend a bit of time and energy in here to gather all 10.

[​IMG]
    Wolfsfang Peak

[​IMG] FIREMEGACRYSTS
    Fire Megacrysts may be found at Harvest Nodes in the Zadehl Westersand Exploration. The drops are semi-rare, so be prepared to spend a bit of time and energy in here to gather all 10.

[​IMG]
    Zadehl Westersand

[​IMG] SILVERORES
    Silver Ores are common crafting materials that may be found in any exploration of the Lanzelt region. By the time you are finished farming the necessary megacrysts, you'll have more than enough Silver Ores in your possession.

[​IMG]

I hope this little guide answered most the questions you have about Hero Rings, but feel free to ask any questions you may still have about them.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  2. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic VIP Supporter

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
  3. Nicko

Nicko Well-Known Member Supporter

i just got the recipe today and i'm already crafting 2 of it.. well it will take 3 days for them to be complete ( i have 2 slots in forge, each ring takes 3 days to be complete )

the materials are easy to farm, in less then a day i got enought for 2 rings... will post my ex death stats once it is completed.

4. Clarissa

Clarissa Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Vaan
    Thanks dant, crafting 1 right now. Lol ! 3 days.

5. DanT

Yep, it takes a while. I spent 100 lapis to unlock a second slot so I can craft 2 at the same time

6. Flyincatz

Flyincatz Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru
    Hi, would like to enquire on the status boost that is added from the hero ring.
    Is the 10% boost came from the character based stat? Or does it come from the total stat ?

7. DanT

From the base stat.

8. Yongkie

Yongkie Member

I crafted one, and equip it to Exdeath, but only boost the MAG around 11 points, and that's for max level 5* Exdeath >.<

9. Nicko

Nicko Well-Known Member Supporter

true, i equiped 2 on mine and it have 238 MAG i dont think can go any higher ( maybe a few points when i max out shiva)

10. DanT

That's the average boost to 5* units, yeah, and 11 mag per ring is better than any accessory can give at the moment. But don't forget the boosts are a percentage, which will make the rings even more effective on 6* units later on.

ChaosFX likes this.
  11. Rinny

Rinny Nin Staff Member Administrator

Global ID:
    470 787 050
    Leads:
    Ariana/Lightning
    reading 'the recipe' made me think of a song im listening to now, so thanks for that! And the guide too, gonna start farming for a couple I guesss ::zzz::

12. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I am currently farming for the materials.
    Yes it's quite daunting and boring.

So to breathe some fresh air into game and take away the boredom, I am using my third-stringers to farm for the mats.

13. Lansote

Lansote Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    NotMax
    Just farm megacites for ifrit and siren... That gets me most of the needed stuff for these...

The achievements are harder to get though... I need ne moreachievement to unlock the recipe

14. Saoiray

Saoiray Member

Since this post still shows up as the top result when looking up Hero's Ring on Google, figured I'd respond with one little update. With Dirnado having been released, Maranda Coast has become the best spot to farm Ice Megacryst. Still working on understanding how pulls work, but I get 1-5 per run except that it seems like every third run I get nothing...not sure if is supposed to work like that or if it's just how rng worked for me the 100+ times I ran it.

15. Blank

Blank Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CoD, Cecil
    after the dirnado update the ice megacryst drop rate got really low in the wolfsfang peak.. ::joy::::joy::

out of 5 runs got only 1 ice megacryst..

16. Aeglos

Aeglos Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Exdeath
    this guide is very useful, tanx DanT, i made 1 hero ring, now im farming the second, and this rings are the best...

17. Mechageo

Mechageo Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz, Tellah, Lenna, Golbez, Rain
    According to this there are higher drop rates for Fire Megacrysts in Dwarves Forge and Ice Megacrysts in Kolobos Marsh.
    Not completely sure how accurate it is, though. Sample size seems decent.

18. Aeglos

Aeglos Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Exdeath
    the percentage may even be higher , but the amount of nrg spend is greater , and kolobos and marsh has more drops different, which does not make it better than wolfsfang peak , the same is valid for Zadel , look carefully ...

19. Mendone

Mendone Member

Global ID:
    What is the best character to carry this ring?

20. Squall Leonhartt

Squall Leonhartt New Member

Zadel and kolobos marsh has been best for me. So easy to grab the drop points and get out. Kolobos has five drop points all along the way on a short map. Ive had much better luck there with ice than in the snow. You can run both of these maps in a few minutes. Now that there are no mog cakes to make, who wants to spend forever wandering around?