1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

[Guide] Efficient Cactuar Dunes Farming

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kite, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Kite

Kite Reaping Survivor Reaping Survivor Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Ace | JP: On Hiatus
    78/63
    Hi there! As you all know, Cactuars in this game are as annoying as the ones we always find in the mainstream series. Periodically, they return here in Exvius with their metallic cousins for the Cactuar Dunes Vortex!

I would like to share you my little guide on how to efficiently farm them faster in early contents.

The "Uncharted Zone" boasts more chances of encountering a Metal Gigantuar in which you can capture as a Jumbo Metal Cactuar. With 3 battles, and with the 3rd battle with a guaranteed capture.

Enemies:
    - 2 Cactuars (common to uncommon) - these two are nothing but annoyance.
    - 1 Metallicactuar (uncommon)
    - 1 Metal Gigantuar (uncommon to rare, guaranteed on Battle 3/3)

So let me give you my strategy on how to do it.

- Must have 30 Energy or more.
    - Daily Tasks in which you get Energy upon completion (Clear 3 Story Mission, 2 Explorations, 3 Vortexes)
    - Remaining Rank EXP of 160 or less, Uncharted Zone yields 80 Rank EXP upon completion.
    - If you ever have some Energy Bottles from Maintenance Compensations, you can use them up without spending Lapis to refill energy.

Units:

It's much preferred to have a Unit who can attack really fast an only hits once, like Lasswell. In case that you encounter 2 pairs of regular Cactuars, some other units that can hit fast also helps, like Terra, Vivi or Firion.

Don't worry, they are too squishy as the ones you will encounter in the later content boasts more power.

Odds of obtaining Jumbo Metal Cactuars will only range from 1 to 3. You might get really lucky to get 3 battles in a row with 3 of these big cacti captured!

With the above conditions met, you can possibly obtain no more than about a minimum of 6 Jumbo Metal Cactuars and 1 Rank Up (+100 Lapis)! Assuming you are close to Ranking up which will result you to a full Energy replenishment to get you more runs, and not claiming all Daily Task rewards that gives Energy prior exhausting all Energy during the said run.

Protip: Save all your Metal Cactuars once Enhancement Rate Ups are present!

Happy metal grinding!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    SpoonyBard and xTeKt0n1c like this.
  2. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic VIP Supporter

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    Nice guide Kite! The following is the very rare dream:

image.jpeg

Kite likes this.
  3. Kite

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    78/63
    @xTeKt0n1c , that "very rare dream" of yours happened to me just now and back in the previous release last month, like 8 in a row.... xD

4. Audio

Audio New Member

I find terra does more than 3nough damage and extremely quick attack.

5. Kite

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    78/63
    All Cactuars in that Dungeon are too squishy and they die with just one attack from Terra.

Lasswell is a decent/good alternative if you are not lucky with Rare Summons... like me.

6. Gunkar

Gunkar Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    370 168 668
    Leads:
    Cod 453atk
    Hey guys!

Been wondering how many gigantuar it need to fill to max every level...

I was wondering if there was any chart in here to help with that?

Like : how much for a 4* - 4rank stat up to 6*... I think it could help some folks to count how many to max any new character they just got... Or if anyone could just direct me?

By the way, Nice job on that guide

7. spada

spada Arena Runner-Up Arena Runner-Up Supporter

On the brave exvius wiki there's an experience chart depending on the growth pattern of each unit. You'll need to first check the unit to find out it's growth before checking the chart

8. Carnefix

Carnefix Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Yun, EventUnit
    Hi,
    you mentioned that a Unit like Laswell would be good, since it only hits once white attacking.

I'm quite new to the game and not sure why it is important to hit the Cactuars only once.
    What other Units would be an alternative / addition if it is quite important?

9. 2Lemurs

2Lemurs New Member

Yes... why the need for single atk units?

10. linXzta

linXzta Well-Known Member

Faster sprite animation generally mean shorter runs.