1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

[guide] Esper Skill Point Expenditure 1★ to 2★

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ZeromusXXX, Aug 2, 2016.

1. ZeromusXXX

ZeromusXXX Member

I notice a lot of people asking how to spend their skill points prior to reaching 2★. This will give you an idea on how to do it without screwing up what you're aiming for.

For this I will be using Golem as an example. The same guide applies for each Esper.

Step 1: Know Your Esper's Abilities!

Golem 1★
    [​IMG]

Golem 2★
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Plan Your Route!
    A little research goes a long way and it takes a few moments; that's all! Find the skills you want and plot your course. Refer to the 2★ grid and connect the skill slots to what you're looking for.

Let's say you want Provoke. Look at the 1★ grid and you will see that you need to unlock the HP+300 to have access to the HP+350 upon gaining 2★ Golem. So you will need to acquire the nodes: Magic +5, Magic +10, HP +250, Endure, HP +300. Then when you advance your Golem you now have direct access to HP +350 and then Provoke.

It's that simple guys (and gals)! Plan ahead. Knowledge is power.

0GL0P, JChunks, Blank and 2 others like this.
  2. Guyver

Guyver Active Member

Thanks, do you know the total SP for each espers? Can you include it in this guide too?

3. Promatic

Promatic Well-Known Member

Hopefully there will be a way to respec them in the future, since ive mostly gone after stats to buff any toon i put them on.. and also thought there would be enough points to unlock them all 0.o

4. Skyreus

Skyreus Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Espers are confirmed to have a 3* level. We are supposed to get respecs along with them.

JChunks and Promatic like this.
  5. Supreme

Supreme Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    chizurur
    thank goodness. i thought i was screwed lol. messed up in the beginning

6. jk2456

jk2456 Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz, CoD and Rising Sun, WoL
    Yeah me too I maxed Ramuh but didn't get Osmose, arguably his most valuable ability. I frankly think there was not enough stress placed on teaching the importance of strategy for Esper allocations in early game play. I had just assumed you'd be able to max them out, on the premise that any ability in a FF game can be maxed out . But not the case until three * I guess

7. Miklos

Miklos Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    837 798 553
    Leads:
    Lightning 476 Atk
    I've done the same thing :(::cry:: I hope maybe there's a reset or something at some point. Really would like a do over...

8. 0GL0P

0GL0P New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru, Lenna, Vaan, Kefka, Bartz
    Awesome post!! Thanxxxxxxx