1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

[GUIDE] How PVP arena works/what is recommended.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Jose, Nov 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jose

Jose Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    So as you all know, pvp arena got announced recently for Global, so i'll be telling you how it works and what you should do to try and get dem better moogles & rewards.

So, starting off with the basics. You access arena how you would normally access colosseum.

Now, for some important things to notice :

You gain 100 ranking points/battle you win in arena, helping you to escalate even further to different ranks where you get different rewards. The higher the rank, the better rewards.

Only things that affects the 100 ranking points/battle are :
    1. Your "win streak" the higher the streak, the more points you get (as a bonus)
    2. Arena battle modifier. The higher the modifier, the more points you will get. (see image as reference to arena modifier) The higher the streak you have, the stronger the opponents will be, thus making higher modifiers appear.
    [​IMG]

Another thing to notice is the weekly and monthly arena.

[​IMG]

WEEKLY ARENA

Weekly arena, as you can probably tell is pretty much a week that has its rewards spread out after the week is over (usually 2-4 days after it's over) and contains prizes such as Pots and Arena tickets. (pots vary by the week). Once a week ends, your ranking will be reset to 0. Weekly arenas also have their "bans and bonuses" displayed in Green (bonus) and Red (banned). These change weekly, apart from some permanent bans, such as the "jump" skill, Gravity spells and instant death skills/spells. (Tellah's "recall" and skills like it that have a chance to cast death are not banned tho)

[​IMG]

MONTHLY ARENA

Meanwhile, monthly arena is the real deal, as it rewards you for Moogles + Pots. You gather points over the course of the month, and rewards arrive depending on your ranking for your monthly position in the Arena.

[​IMG]

PARTICIPATION REWARDS

You get 5 different participation rewards in arena each day. (losing or winning doesn't matter as long as you finish your battle)

[​IMG]

About battles

Your opponent is controlled by an AI, not a real person, so you have brain power advantage over everyone pretty much. (i say this because sometimes, the AI uses "fire" magic from an attacker that has ifrit equipped ect)

1. Main thing you want to do in arena is STAUS ALIMENT the other team.
      Some good things you can do, are : Giving shining splendor (sword that can blind) to someone that uses blade blits/a physical aoe attack. Using the "BOO!" skill from the mask of the Halloween event (aoe paralysis), Black Cat Lid's "Hex Strike", Exdeaths LB (tho you won't really be using LB that much in arena, unless you full on attack the first turn, then use entrust on Exdeath) ect.

2. Damage caps at 999 damage in arena (this includes multi hitting skills, for example, using chainsaw, a 7 hit move, would cap at 999 damage, and it would spread out that damage to it's 7 hits, making each hit damage for around 999 divided by 7 making it 142 damage max/hit. Barrage is an exception, as each time it procs, it's considered and "individual attack", thus making it able to hit for 999/hit, 4 hits total, each time)

3. Tho, damage cap can be broken by doing chains. Also, your units only do 30% of the normal damage they would usually do.

4. Bring units that can cure/prevent stone/paralysis, as these status aliments can cost you a game or even your win streak.

5. Bring units with human killer passives. (CoD is an awesome example as she has innate +125% damage boost to humans + she has aoe esuna to support the team)
    I believe that is all i can say about arena thus far, so if there's anything else you'd like to know, tell me, as i'd be happy to try and fill in more info.

@S3PHIR0TH's recommended units for arena mini-guide : http://brave-exvius.com/threads/reccomended-units-for-arena.4817/

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Kosiciel, Viride, Jongiks and 11 others like this.
  2. S3PHIR0TH

S3PHIR0TH You need more HP :3 VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Onion Knight | Tidus
    Barrage can hit for 396. It hits for 999 each time, at least that's what happens to me.

To add on, dual wielding and dual casting units have two chances to hit 999. :D

Jose and linXzta like this.
  3. Kaka

Kaka Well-Known Member Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Barrage can deal 999 damage per hit (my Cod does it)..
    So it will be 4000 max per barrage (no DW)..

My tidus can deal 999x2 with his aoe attack (DW)..

Correct me if im wrong..

Jose likes this.
  4. Reizen

Reizen Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Events units
    I was waiting for this! Thanks @Jose ::kupo::

Jose likes this.
  5. Revenge

Revenge Dark Messenger VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru
    We fight against our friends or against anyone?

6. Kaka

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Random person...
    But they are stupid mostly..
    Just watch they rank, so you are now how strong they are..

7. Revenge

Leads:
    Chizuru
    Ya, thats good. Because 90% of my friends are from this forum, and almost all of them are very strong.

8. Jose

Leads:
    You fight against anyone that isn't on your friends list basically.

9. CrovaxSK

CrovaxSK Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    holy smokes! this is waaaay too awesome. them new pots tho. permanent stat boosts? YES PLEASE! :) soooooo hyped now :)

Jose likes this.
  10. kurizu

kurizu Cuddle Cuddle <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Noctis | JP 2B
    127|97
    Battle modifier differs between 0.5-1.5. Let's assume that you get x points for winning, your earned points are then multiplicated by your modifier giving you base value before adding % consecutive win streak bonus.

How it is dealt, modifier is based on difference between your rank points and selected player you want to fight.

Example 1 :
    You have 7500 points, target player have 8300 points thus modifier for winning with him will be 1.10. For winning with him you will get (1.10x + %bonus) points.

Example 2 :
    You have 7500 points, target player have 6200 points thus modifier for winning with him will be 0.82. For winning with him you will get (0.82x + %bonus) points.

X is set for 100 as far as i remember.

Note that i wrote that modifier cant exceed 1.5 and be lower than 0.5... that means even if you have 5000 points and fight with player who have 10000 points your modifier will stop at 1.5 instead of 2.0

Baraz, Viride and Jose like this.
  11. maestro_lee

maestro_lee Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    awesome.. thanks for the detail explanation...
    and previously i thought we are going against real player, glad to know we are going against ai..

Jose likes this.
  12. dariakyl

dariakyl Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    At least I won't have to fight Oboi ::cactaur::

13. linXzta

linXzta Well-Known Member

It'd be ohok for the whole squad just with his lightning only lol

14. Doma

Doma Ascended Member Supporter

Awesome guide, answered all my questions thanks!

Jose likes this.
  15. Kaka

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Lol yeah..
    But it does not really matter how strong your enemy is (its matter, but not much)..
    The real deal is how your team works..
    Aoe stats aliment works best in arena. I dont play with buff or debuff..
    Dualcast Exd is champion too..

16. Doma

Doma Ascended Member Supporter

So do buffs/debuffs make a difference or will all of the damage pretty much be at cap.

17. Angelust

Angelust Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, DKC, FV, OK, DV
    Trine, cleansing strike, Sleep sword...gotta take a look over my dudes again..

18. MaxGalette

MaxGalette Member Supporter

Do area blast of Lightning works as barrage?

19. Jose

Leads:
    Nope. The 5 hits are max 999 damage combined. Barrage works differently because you see a new attack each skill light thingy activates (activates 4 times total)

Hope i didn't confuse you even more about stuff xD

20. Revenge

Leads:
    Chizuru
    So Barrage is a very good ability in Arena?

Normally people have chars with more Def than Spr, so in theory Magic Attacks are better.