1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

[Guide] How to farm money (gil) efficiently

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Terra, Jun 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Terra

Terra Moogle Lover VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Terra

[​IMG]
    HOW TO FARM MONEY (GIL) EFFICIENTLY
    Gil is the currency or money used in the game, it is used for almost all processes and transactions in the game, this includes buying and synthesizing of equipment, materials, spells, abilities & recipes. These are also used in enhancing units to a higher level. This is why it is very important to amass a large amount of gil to ensure that you have enough to update your equipment, units and inventory, as this will help you in the long run in handling difficult battles.

There are various ways to earn gil in the game, one is the good old fashioned kill all monsters and finish a stage, however, the gil gained from these battles are not enough to support your spending and needs, below are some other options that you might want to look at to earn gil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gil that can be acquired at the ADV level is quite little, however this is the quickest way to earn money if you do not have the luxury of time, just auto battle the enemies in here as they can easily be defeated using free units or a friend unit. Below is the table of vortex levels and their corresponding gil gains.

Difficulty Estimated Gil Earnings Energy
    BGN 500 Gil 5
    INT 1,200 Gil 10
    ADV 2,500 Gil 15
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Selling maxed level ★ 1 and ★ 2 units is the best and biggest way to earn gil. However, since friend points are required to summon these free units, it is quite difficult to sell that many, unless you have a steady flow of friend points (can be acquired daily from friend's gift). Below is the table of rarity of unit's max level and their corresponding gil gains.

Rarity Maximum LVL Gil Earnings
    ★ 1 LVL 15 4,400
    ★ 2 LVL 30 15,000
    How to max the level of ★ 1 units with just 1 battle:

★ 1 units, can be leveled to LVL 15 quickly by doing the Chamber of Experience ADV level, as finishing this provides a 30,000 worth of EXP and ★ 1 units only needs 6,000 EXP for them to attain their max level. One useful tip is to arrange a 5 man party consisting of ★ 1 units, then use a friend unit that can finish or solo the whole ADV stage (eg. ExDeath, Terra, etc.), this will ensure that all of your 5 , ★ 1 units will be maxed at the end of the battle, selling them would provide you a whooping and instant 22,000 gil!

Using Metal Cactuars:

You can also use Mini Metal Cactuars in maxing your unit level through
    enhancement, below is the table regarding the usage of mini metal cactuars for each rarity.

Rarity Maximum LVL Cactuars Needed Required Enhancement Gil
    ★ 1 LVL 15 Metal Mini x 1 60 gil
    ★ 2 LVL 30 Metal Mini x 5 300 gil
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Selling of materials also provides a steady flow of gil gains, especially those materials that have piled up as a duplicate stack. Even though small amounts of gil can be gained through selling of mats, it is still important to know this information as these might help you during those times you fall short of gil and you need a quick gil for those enhancements or equipments. Below is the table of the some of highest selling priced materials in the game.

Material Name Selling Price
    Light and Dark Megacryst 100 gil
    Esper's Tear 100 gil
    Deepsea Bloom 100 gil
    Earth's Core 100 gil
    Spiritsand 100 gil
    God's Reliquary 100 gil

Hope this helps everyone! And let's all strive to be Gillionaires, Kupo! ::mog::

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  2. SpoonyBard

SpoonyBard Ascended Member

Very well done.

Hillgigas209 and Terra like this.
  3. Rinny

Rinny くノ一 Forum Manager VIP Supporter

you made it super professional looking! A pro guide maker :] thank you!

Terra likes this.
  4. Kite

Kite Reaping Survivor Reaping Survivor Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Ace | JP: 2B
    95/72
    Now my Gil dilemma is no more because of this! Thanks a million! ^_^

Terra likes this.
  5. Terra

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Terra
    Thank you everyone, its my first write-up guide in this forum, glad everyone likes it! ::=3::

Hillgigas209 and Clarissa like this.
  6. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic VIP Supporter

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    Thanks for this! And I love the layout! Great effort!!

7. Romano

Romano New Member

I pulled a montana from friendpoints pulls or something like that. After I googled this guy I saw that one of his abilities is to get double gil after battles.

Not that I'm using him for thattho hehe. Selling leveled up,free characters goes way faster.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. Nouk

Nouk Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis / Reberta
    Nice post but I think it should be updated with the most efficient way to get gil: the Gil Snapper Cave (check the exviuswiki event page for details, I'm not allowed to post links).
    This weekend event is up about once a month and if you focus it, you can easily get 200-300k per event.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Romano likes this.
  9. Sacerdos

Sacerdos Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Setzer, Current Lead
    Great Job @Terra . The guide looks great.

Terra likes this.
  10. Terra

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Terra
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll update this soon to reflect the current changes on GBL version. In addition, we have the updated information of the Gil Snappers here for your reference: (https://exviuswiki.com/Gil_Snapper's_Cave)

11. Akihir0

Akihir0 Member

Nice guide, every effective. omg why dont i think of this earlier ::joy::

Terra likes this.
  12. Byrdman

Byrdman Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    787 102 732
    Leads:
    Noctis
    80?
    Thanks for this guide I just rerolled and was wondering the best way to be a gillionaire. I forgot how I did it the first time it was over 4 months ago ;)

Terra likes this.
  13. KDGamer

KDGamer Member Supporter

Thanks! The 1* units with Chamber of EXP really helps me a lot!

Terra likes this.
  14. WindFox

WindFox Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Thank you! It's quite useful!
    I wonder how many rounds of Adv Exp chamber is required to maximize 5 2* units? For 1* units, it's 22000 Gil per 15 energy. How about 2* units? Is it worth to maximize the level 3* units and sell as well?

Terra likes this.
  15. Terra

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Terra
    If i'm not mistaken it is somewhere between 3-4, 15 energy runs for 2* base units to be maxed which will net you around 75,000 gil for 45-60 energy. It is more lucrative than 1* bases and it is also doable given that 2* are also common pulls. However, do note that if you do not have the required energy those 2* units may end up on your storage longer.

With regards with 3* bases, the amount of energy and runs needed for these units to be maxed is very large and will definitely take longer time to max them all. In my opinion, I do not recommend this method it's better stick on 1* and 2* bases which is more time and energy wise efficient.

Hope this helps! ::kupo::

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    WindFox likes this.
  16. WindFox

WindFox Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Thanks for your reply. According to what you said, 75000/45 or 60 = 1666 or 1250 gil/energy of 2* unit which may be more or less than 1466 gil/energy of 1*.
    According to the experience table I found, the type 1 units (max rarity 2*) require 23,222 exp to get lv 30 (max lv for 2*). It requires 5805.5 per round to get max for 4 rounds. If Adv Exp Chamber provides 30000 exp per round for 5 units, each unit gets 6000 exp, which is more than 5805.5.
    However, if the units are type 2 (max rarity 3*), they require 46,442 exp to get lv30. It requires 8 rounds to get max lv, which is not worth at all.
    Therefore, theoretically if I have enough energy (45) and enough unit slots, I may still try to maximize 2* units (which rarity max is 2*) and sell. If those units have 3* rarity max, I may suggest to sell directly.
    As for 3*, I see. So I will just sell 3* right away and maybe 2* right away if I don't have enough energy.
    == my suggestions in short ==
    Check unit list to see rarity max.
    1* units: 22,000 gil / 15 energy (1466 gil/energy) in Adv Exp Chamber
    2* units (max rarity 2*): 75,000 gil / 45 energy (1666 gil/energy) in Adv Exp Chamber
    2* units (max rarity 3*) and 3* units: sell directly
    ==
    Please let me know if there is anything is wrong. Thank you.

17. Terra

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Terra
    Apologies for the late reply, yes this definitely sums it up about friend unit selling! Thank you for your inputs. :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    WindFox likes this.
  18. Vengz

Vengz New Member

Thanks for guide, tremendously helpful!

Terra likes this.
  19. IMBacon

IMBacon Active Member

Global ID:
    Thanks Terra... the tidbit about gaining gil by maxing 1* characters - my preferred method is using a mini cactaur - then selling them is THE BEST.

I'd also like to add that you can earn quite a lot of gil by stealing (taking advantage of Zidane or Thief's Steal Gil ability) or pilfering (using Pilfer skill) during Events. Here are some of my more recent findings:
    1. Mana Mystery = In PRO, each boss / round would give 150 gil x 6 battles = 900 gil per run. For ELT, it goes up to 300 gil per boss / round (except for Mana Beast which gives 400 gil) giving a grand total of (300 x 6) + 400 = 2,200 gil per run. Of course, you get less gill per run if you ran into any rabites ;)
    2. Trials of Love = the final boss, Abraxas, would give 1,500 gil regardless of difficulty

WindFox likes this.
  20. bufus

bufus Well-Known Member Supporter

My 2 cents, if it's worth that much: mini cactuars are a waste on higher rarity units, but it only takes 1 to max a 1* unit; so I'm using the otherwise useless cactuars I get from arena and some events to max friend summons, and then sell them for nice, effortless profit.
    Energy is too valuable, so might as well TM farm with it and get friend points as a consequence.