1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

[Guide] How to set a permanent friend summon

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SpoonyBard, Oct 10, 2016.

1. SpoonyBard

SpoonyBard Well-Known Member

I will make this short and sweet because I am doing it from my phone and I absolutely hate it.

I have removed many, many people from my friends list for this reason. You say "Add me. I have a 6* Lightning with 600 Attack." Okay. Awesome. I add you. I go to look for said Lightning and your friend is a mother flipping Bedile, or Edgar or whatever other awful unit you're leveling/TMr farming. Keep this in mind if you ever add me as a friend. I don’t care if you have the highest attack, and the most whaled account ever. You change your friend summon to something just to farm. "BYE FELICIA!"

No I don’t care if you think I'm a jerk. My account. My rules. Anyway....

Firstly do this. Go to Menu > Options and scroll to the bottom until you see this screen:
    [​IMG]

I chose Party 1 and 3 for whatever reason so long ago. It does not matter which one you pick. These two will be separate from your "main" party.

Now you can make it 'easier' to distinguish between parties by renaming them. I can't say how many times I've derped my way into Adv Vortex exp runs with a full main party.

Anyway...

Go to Units and click/tap/Falcon Punch this:

[​IMG]

Personally for my main party. I place my units in a particular order. Based on size. Taller, bigger sprites(Exdeath, Kefka, ect) go in there spots above. Lenna is where she is because she is the smallest. I don't like her on the front line even though it has no bearing on her Defense. Personal preference.

With that being said, keep in mind that if you move and Esper in one party(one slot to another) it affects ALL parties. So set up your main party. Usually I just keep my main as my Colosseum party and swap out as needed.

You can set up a full friend summoning party to make it easier to switch if someone asks for a specific one. I keep my 5 most asked for ones ready. Or you can just set one and snap it out as needed. Whatever you want.

That's about it for me half assed guide. I would do much better if I had a computer. If I missed anything feel free to let me know and I'll edit it as such.

Kira, Symobs, Hillgigas209 and 2 others like this.
  2. Death Rayne

Death Rayne New Member

Oh i didnt knew about this, thanks a lot!

3. Gronio

Gronio Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth, Agrias, Tellah
    honestly, I understand your point. Did some cleanup also from time to time... Not systematic though.
    There's also some Rakhshasa or similar crap friends I need to remove. The guys connect everyday, I can't believe they have nothing better to propose...

SpoonyBard likes this.
  4. SpoonyBard

SpoonyBard Well-Known Member

I can understand having terrible luck and being f2p and needing some help. Even I'm not that elitest. What I meant, as stated in the op, are people who send me requests with a 5*/6* unit that's a decked out but then change it to something dumb like Sabin just to level or TMr farm. I think it just boils down to people not knowing that the option exists.

5. Gronio

Gronio Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth, Agrias, Tellah
    You're right. I'm f2p and was newbie once (still am?), and my companion units were noway as nice as my friends'. So I'm very understanding with unlucky / help seeking people.
    But even f2p players, when they reach 60ish rank, must have useful units. Leaving a tier 4 unit as companion just means you don't care for friends.

6. PlainSite

PlainSite Member

Leads:
    Cecil, may switch to Elza once maxed
    Thank you so much, I keep switching my Cecil friend to a 3* Kain to farm