1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Guide to the dreaded LB farming! <3

Discussion in 'Guides' started by MagykKytes, Sep 22, 2016.

1. MagykKytes

MagykKytes Well-Known Member

This is my first time writing a guide, so feel free to help with some constructive criticism :oops:

Edit: As @Kyoshiro pointed out, Galuf also has entrust skill so feel free to add him in your team if needed. ::bard::
    PSA: This by no means is necessary to do in game, and is just a guide for those min/maxers or people that just want to LB farm in general.

Okay now let's start this off! ::bard::

For starters: You will want to make a team with the unit you want to LB farm and a couple of entrust units. I recommend to bring Fina or Bartz(if you own him) and 1 other Entrust unit as a friend (preferably Fina since she doesn't have counter, which can play a small role in terms of obtaining LB crystals since you'll want 3-4 of your units to attack one enemy at a time for maximum crystals).
    If you don't own a Bartz that's okay, 2 Fina's in a your party or 1 Fina and 1 Bartz is fine along with your LB unit.
    *LB Unit- Units you want to lvl their LB

An example party would be this:
    [​IMG]

TIP: I would recommend bring ethers/ turbo ethers or even Tents if you want to restore MP.

During Battle:
    In battle you will want to all your units to attack 1 enemy at a time. Once you have enough for your LB unit to use their LB, use it and either defend with the other units or use entrust if you feel like they have enough LB to get another LB off for your LB unit. Be careful when using Bartz since he occasionally counters, but you still get a decent amount of LB crystals anyways.

Equipment: I recommend bringing lots of Cat Bell's on your units and MP Materia's if you have them. Equipment that I have MP also help like Lunar Pestle( both Fina and Bartz can equip it) and Stellar Shield also is useful.

Where to farm LB?
    A good question to ask, and my answer is it really depends on your needs and what you want to farm at the same time. Explorations are your best bet and depending on what lvl your units are, you should pick an exploration appropriate for your party. I recommend Dalnakya Caverns exploration because not only is it easy for 3* units where you'll want to start off most likely, but also requires less MP manage meaning as you won't have to use any skills besides entrust (as harder explorations you may have to heal).
    Side note: Dalnakya Caverns also has a decent amount of lumber and copper ore to help you craft your Shining Splendor and also has water magicite to lvl your Siren or other espers. Phantom Forest also isn't bad for a good team setup, but be wary of status ailments like poison, etc.

Data:
    This is dependent on what exploration you do. You may get more or less on other explorations you do. Note: *My data is from Dalnakya Caverns.
    1 Fina/Bartz-10-20 LB's per exploration
    2 Finas/ 1 Bartz and Fina- 30ish LB's per exploration
    2 Fina's and 1 Bartz/ 2 Bartz and 1 Fina- 50-60 LB's per exploration

For max encounters it obviously depends on the exploration. Dalnakya Caverns, I can't really tell the max amount of encounters, but I tend to stop getting encounters at 181 gil ( I mostly farmed in the second half of the map so I don't know if the map has 2 zones to farm more).

LB Levels:
    1. 3* starts off at 300 and you add 50 each time you gain a level, so like it would take 350 uses at level 2 to level it to lvl 3.
    2. 4* ( I actually didn't get to screen shot this picture, but it was around the 1,000's once you reach lvl 10). If you start off at level 1 then it's at 750
    3. 5* starts at around 2,150 at lvl 15, 1,000ish if it's still at lvl 1.
    Difference between 4* and 5*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see the difference is really big, so be prepared when you want to LB farm and if you accidentally awakened your unit.

LB Pots: Use them on the unit you want to increase their LB lvl. It's 100 uses for the small ones like from the Mog event.::bard:: Eventually we should get larger versions that increase by 3,000 uses and 10,000 I believe.
    If you get tired of LB farming don't hesitate to use them I know I used 8 to get the last 800 on my Cecil, so I could finally awaken him.::kefka::

Overall: All of these data I compiled was from a span of 3 months, but I'd say it should really only take a month or even less depending on how much free time you have. I still go to school and busy from time to time, so that factors in to the time spent LB farming.

I hope this guide helps and eases people for those that want to LB farm and feel free to correct any mistakes I could have made.::kupo::

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Brando3, Hillgigas209, LMoS and 7 others like this.
  2. JChunks

JChunks Ayaka doesnt want me :( VIP Supporter JP Moderator

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: RIP JP: Landu
  3. K.Abuse

K.Abuse Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Chizuru, Kefka, WoL, Lenna
    Me likes::toad:: this, good info!

4. Aysatyo

Aysatyo Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    what is the difference between maxing the LB first before awakening the unit versus awakening the unit first before leveling up the LB?

5. Kyoshiro

Kyoshiro Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GL:Lightning
    Nice guide, Galuf also has Entrust if you don't have Bartz.

6. Terra

Terra Moogle Lover VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Terra | Tidus
    The lower the units rarity () the less LB usage is needed for its LB to level, the difference goes from hundred uses up to thousands. That said, even if you did awaken them, the early implementation of Auto LB in GBL right now will definitely help in maxing the levels faster.

7. Asf

Asf VIP VIP

Wait.. what purpose does bringing fina in?

8. Reizen

Reizen Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Lightning
    Entrust? As for the topic, nice one. I did not know that getting a unit to 5* ASAP let they LB getting a lot of time to get max level. :eek:

9. Asada

Asada New Member

Let say I want to fuse Cecil 1 with Lvl 1 LB and Cecil 2 with Level 3 LB, Does Cecil 1 get LB Level 3?

10. MagykKytes

LB levels do not transfer between units, only when you awaken them. ::mog::

11. Asada

Asada New Member

Then it will be gone? Even the LB Exp doesn't transfer to other same unit?

12. MagykKytes

Yes, for exaple if you transfer a lvl 5 LB Exdeath to a lvl 1 LB Exdeath, it would stay at Lvl 1. LB levels only transfer when awakening like from 3* to 4*

13. LMoS

LMoS Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath Gilgamesh Delta Refia Cecil
    I have a recommendation to make here, bring Luna along, her LB is a monster at gaining crystals. Plus you'll be leveling barrage trust in the process

R!X likes this.
  14. Kyoshiro

Kyoshiro Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GL:Lightning
    Ramza also has Entrust, and Galuf is very interesting because with Chakra you don't need to worry about his MP. I just tried Phantom Forest with my newly pulled Cecil with Bartz/Galuf/Fina and I got 50 uses.