1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Help with Ifrit build

Discussion in 'General' started by GaryO, Jan 10, 2017.

1. GaryO

GaryO New Member

Global ID:
    Hi everyone,

I've looked through the guide listed here (http://brave-exvius.com/threads/brave-exvius-com-guide-index.7052/) and I loved the esper ALL-IN-1 guide (thanks to the author @kurizu).
    Sadly, there's no guide for the more "basic" esper, Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh/Golem.

I have some trouble with Ifrit, the killer abilities are great but, beside them, everything seems bad.
    Power-Break/Deprotect are quite useless to me since I have a full-breaker in my team.
    Protect/Faith/Brace are quite weak (only 20%) and, to me, seems more like turn-wasting abilities.
    Am I wrong ? Should I go for raw stat instead (for the 1% buff) ? If yes, which stat should I focus on ?

2. IDBGOD

IDBGOD Active Member

The only stat that matters really is atk, being ifrit is atk based but those hardly make much of an impact.

Basically get all the abilities you want then atk, then just fill the rest however you want. The killers for sure at least.

3. Cahir

Cahir Active Member

When you get killers and all +atk you may spend rest of the points at random it won't have any serious impact anyway.

4. Zeran

Zeran Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cupid Artimois
    Personally I've taken to grabbing the abilities that are important to me and then just holding any left over points. Then when they eventually get a new upgrade I'll have points on hand to grab any new useful abilities right away.

5. seilaoque

seilaoque Active Member

Yes, it's pretty much just the killers, everything else is meh, including the ATK bonus which will give your unit a whooping amazing 3 ATK after you buy all of them

Lionhear likes this.
  6. kurizu

kurizu Cuddle Cuddle <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Noctis | JP Balthier
    107|78
    Ifrit is base esper, one of first so his grid is for beginners level of adventure, usually you take approach of either full stats or you skip 2 point in defense to go for Fira in case you might want to elemental chain with mages but that late of a game I would suggest strictly stat oriented build for Ifrit.

[​IMG]

You dont need to hold your points, before espers get 3* you will get reset stats anyway and first reset is free... that means if 3* grid change drastically all you need to do is max 3* and then reset it for free.

GaryO likes this.
  7. Syuri

Syuri Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Questions from newbie here:
    First reset is free? So we can second reset? (Using Lapis/gil ?)
    After reset, did we get back full skill point at existing level? or back from to lv 1 and have to give megacite again to the esper??

8. kurizu

kurizu Cuddle Cuddle <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Noctis | JP Balthier
    107|78
    yes, you can reset it again for lapis.
    It resets your grid, your points return to you so you can assign them again.

Syuri likes this.
  9. Sorwen

Sorwen Well-Known Member

You would be surprised. If you don't have room for a unit it isn't bad to have them on a Esper. I've used Siren's Lullaby on Dark Fina and had it work a few times. :)