1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

How to Beat the Demon Chimera

Discussion in 'Guides' started by xTeKt0n1c, Jul 14, 2016.

1. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic VIP Supporter

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    Hi Guys!

Firstly, if you are losing faith in whether you will ever be able to beat the Chimera, below is one (albeit more extreme) way to achieve it to give hope to those struggling. The point of this is to show that you dont need to be a whale to beat this battle, but a decent max level team and have worked a bit on your account. The only real 'whale' item used was Exdeath (And until the 17th July you can reroll with a bit of effort to get him). He was 5* L80 (Maxed Level). This strategy 'might' (untested so can't guarantee) be doable with other Mage characters such as Golbez, or by Firion using Drain Blade (If you have mastered Ronaldos TM). In my opinion this works best with a Tanky Mage.

Secondly, a useful approach in damage based only FFBE battles is to make sure you cannot be wiped in 1 turn and can heal back more damage than you take on average every single turn. This can be done by using a well levelled and built up party with good defence and spirit supported by cures or alternatively by 1 character with a powerful enough drain + regen + good defence total + good spirit total + a lot of MP + some patience!

Thirdly, an easier way to beat the Demon Chimera is to setup a 5 party team (who are maxed out) with decent offensive weapons, poison resistance/ cure, consider using bar thundara, barblizzaga and barfira and protectga and have a healer who can cast 2 curas in 1 turn (Krile or 2 members each with cura) or 1 curaja! Fina + Krile is a good combo. The rest of the team will be made of offensive characters to deal out damage to the chimera who will be supported by the others. Make sure you don't use weapons with fire/ice/lighting elements because the Chimera resists these elements 100%.

How to beat the Chinera with 1 character is detailed below:

- I equipped Exdeath with the best defence items possible, a poison resistance accessory and auto shell (Moon Ring). The weapon doesn't matter much but it's best to use a non fire/ice/lightning based magic weapon. The force armour gained from beating him the first time round was also very helpful here!

- Ability Equips: If you have MP +20% it's worth equipping on Exdeath and besides that it's worth considering maybe (if you have them) evasion or counter for extra damage/mitigation or def +10% ups.

- I equipped a L40 Shiva for extra magic and magic defence. Also in my experience the Chimera appears to cast Ice based spells most often than others so it seems the most logical choice. Fire and lightning isn't cast enough to be a huge problem and when he uses Ice you resist most of the damage.

- I simply cast drain almost every single turn which dealt 3k dmg per turn and healed me about 800-900. Auto Regen healed an extra 150-200HP on top of this.

- 5MP Drain = 3k dmg per turn. Therefore 100mp = 60k damage so you need about <350MP in total (hence why I used ethers). This took about 70 turns to do.

- To replenish my MP to deal the 200k HP damage necessary to kill it, I used 6 regular Ethers (can be bought in a shop for 500 gold each - you can only take 7 into a battle). I used no other items. As I had 40MP left I guess I could have used 4 ethers.

- I used sleep once later in the battle (It has a higher chance of landing the first time only in a battle) to give me an easier window to replenish my MP to finish off the enemy.

- Osmose isn't very helpful here as enemies don't use their MP, but you can get 10MP out of the trade once only, which is another 6k damage dealt to the Chimera (2 Extra Drains) so your choice over that.

- This whole strategy took me zero resets and zero Lapis to achieve.

- I even got Exdeaths Limit Break in once!

- Once I had the setup and strategy figured correctly above it took me one try because I was healing bery well (1000-1100hp per turn for only 5MP). It would take very bad range to die TBH as the Chimera doesn't use his fire spell very often. Patience and timing of when you replenish your ethers is key though (wait for a low damage round then go 4 it and replenish 3 of them the 1 time you put him to sleep).

I hope this will help some of you!

Cheers
    TeK

[​IMG]

2. VettaMike

VettaMike You're gonna have a bad time.... VIP Supporter

Followed your method with a Solo ExDeath, I almost won but I ran out of ethers xD

I did not have maxed Shiva though, so i was only healing around 900-1k (regen included) good enough but dealing like 2.5k a turn.

Its a effective and adding 10% HP, Def 10%, Drain and MP 20% as materia, really adds to the win rate. But you need ethers xD lots of it.

Also got lucky it kept using frost blast xD resistance is awesome.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  3. xTeKt0n1c

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    Good effort keep at it! It can take practice to master the method because it has an element of timing and you must be strict with yourself! Ethers are only 500 gold! When you beat the Frost Dragon INT Coli you can craft Turbo Ethers which might help. You should max out shiva to get your damage closer to 3k and you don't need any actions other than drain and ethers. You should get 1 LB too for 10k damage which will help out. Timing when you use your ethers is key. Wait for a round where he just cast a load of ice spells at you which you will have resisted well then apply use an ether in these windows of opportunity.

4. Asf

Asf VIP VIP

Who wouldve thought you cleared the solo with exdeath? The unit that is deemed useless against this monster!!
    Truly an epic strategizing there. Awesome!

xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  5. Xmyle

Xmyle Active Member

One hell of a veteran player right here gratz!

6. xTeKt0n1c

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    Try it out xD he might have a chance at it?

7. xTeKt0n1c

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    It's in the coliseum but can't remember which stage. If I max a Vivi I will give it a shot!

Khaleesi likes this.
  8. auronxsquall

auronxsquall Member

whoa cool! but sorry noob question here... I had a lv 72 exdeath but he doesn't have drain ?

9. PampaChocobo

PampaChocobo Well-Known Member Supporter

You need to craft it

10. auronxsquall

auronxsquall Member

where can I get the recipe? thanks in advance

11. PampaChocobo

PampaChocobo Well-Known Member Supporter