1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

JP Accounts - Questions and Discussion on Rerolls & pulled Units

Discussion in 'Unit Discussions' started by Onejah, Dec 3, 2016.

1. JChunks

JChunks Lightning strikes everytime she moves VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: Ask Akari JP: Yriadil Got it
    I dont know what your acct is. Do you have DV + OK or OK x2? Dark Veritas can help with alot. He is the hardest hitting unit there is. If you have DV + OK, I have no experience using DV with OK. But you cant go wrong if your acct has DV + OK. Only problem with having DV is that he does not have DV right away, in fact you have to give me a TM to make him viable. So hopefully ur acct also has Zidane or Gilg.

Onejah likes this.
  2. Torzy

Torzy Member

My current acc got : 1 Dv, 1 Onion, 1 Queen, Zidane, 2 cecil, 2 Victoria, 1 Firion , 1 Bartz, 1 Chizuru, 2 Miyuki, 2 Hayate, 1 chalotte, 1 Agrias, 1 Eru, 1 Soze, 1 Aria, 3 Desch , 1 Refia. I think chiruzu + Miyuki + Queen might work well with Onion. For Dv , Zidane + 2 cecil might work on him also. around 20k Lapis with story.
    Second acc : 2 Onions, aria, Desch, WoL nothing really good with tmr but still 30k lapis with story.

3. JChunks

JChunks Lightning strikes everytime she moves VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: Ask Akari JP: Yriadil Got it
    I would keep both and wait for Noctis. If Noctis is great main whichever acct rolls him.

4. DrgnFlyDrft

DrgnFlyDrft Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    OK, Gilgamesh, Lightning
    58/22
    I wish there was an update on when we'd be getting his royal derpness. I saw 7 notifications on GL and got excited for half a second when I realized Noctis wasn't a part of those updates.

5. Onejah

Onejah Never-ending Reroller VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    53/68
    What @JChunks said !

Imho, your first account is good as it is and . You got a full team ( i would run DV, OK, Refia, Cecil, Agrias even if i still don't know how DV + OK are together, i'll know once i lvl'd mine ! ) and awesome TMR to farm with DV, OK, Queen, Zidane, 2 cecil, Chizuru & 2 Hayate. :D

JChunks likes this.
  6. Torzy

Torzy Member

K ty for your suggestion. I already farmed both acc max materials from onion knight event . Lets see if i can pull noctis on 1 of those. Is queen any good? I got flip out when got a rainbow from ticket hoping 1 more onion and queen appear :(

7. Onejah

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    53/68
    It's supposedly a good support ( she has "Curaja" ) and decent attacker with a boosted "Barrage". She also come with a good TMR. ( +30% ATK & +20% HP )
    Nothing ground breaking if you have better units. :D

Queen: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/372

8. F.F.Wong

F.F.Wong Member

As someone who uses OK and DV as his main attackers, I think they go quite well together. They can chain quite well together after you learn the proper timing and DV's debuffs are quite helpful to OK in general.

outsider84 and Onejah like this.
  9. Onejah

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    53/68
    Ah, good to read this ! Thanks for the feedback. Gonna start working on mine then. :D

10. F.F.Wong

F.F.Wong Member

My DV doesn't have DW yet, though. So I dunno how exactly the chaining will be afterwards. Also, just to be clear, I'm not saying OK + DV is better or worse than 2x OK. Just saying that I'm enjoying what DV brings to the table.

Onejah likes this.
  11. Onejah

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    53/68
    Yeah, i understood you. :D I got 2x OK and DV, plus i was gonna level him up anyway ! heh

12. tehni

tehni Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh, Tidus
    Just started to delve into the JP version and have been rerolling to see what I could come away with in the beginning. I have had several rerolls, but I'm not sure who in the JP meta is someone I should shoot for like how people say that you should stop at Noctis, Gilgamesh, Chizuru, Lightning, Luneth in the GL. I was hoping to get Onion Knight on one of my rerolls, but I haven't quite gotten there yet with any of them.

I do have some notable accounts which I feel like could be a decent start so far. Let me know what you think!

JP 1: Tidus, DFina, Balth, Rikku, Charlotte, Firion, Zidane
    JP 2: Noctis, Queen, WoL, Arigas, Charlotte, Firion

Based on the famitsu website, JP1 account seems to be more favorable with 3 5* bases, Rikku and Charlotte with Zidane's DW TMR thrown into that starter account. There are some other units like Firion on there too which I am reading improves with enhancement like Charlotte.

But that Noctis account makes me pause for a moment.

I will still keep on rolling but I am leaning towards keeping both JP1 and JP2 as potential accounts to play, but that is pending on the feedback I get!

13. Onejah

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    53/68
    JP 1 without a doubt ! JP2 "just" have Noctis so it's not awesome as #1 is with Balthier, Tidus, Rikku, D.Fina + utilities like Zidane for DW TMR and Charlotte which is a good tank.

JChunks likes this.
  14. tehni

tehni Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh, Tidus
    Thank you for your quick reply. Though, I wonder if it is still pertinent to try and reroll for OK and DV like I keep on reading in general or just go with this one. Rikku I know is a great unit from what I'm reading, but she doesn't get her cure spell until 5*. I do have Lenna to tide me over but I will still need a 6* healer, right? Balth looks like he's a high unmitigated damage dealer and Tidus looks like he does AoE dmg/and buffing. I feel like it's pretty well rounded on that account, so I hope that this can carry me awhile in the game content.

15. Angelust

Angelust Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, DKC, FV, OK, DV
    Tehni - just assume that you'll get all of your characters to max 6 star within a week, so the intermediate levels won't really matter much.
    During the weekend, with king mog 6* awakening mats and cactuar dunes, I'm often getting my entire team to 6* max in a few hours on a rerolled account.

A lot of really decent healers are 4* base, so you'll likely pull them later. Until then you can use 6* Fina or some other healer, who should be able to lead you through a lot of the basic content.

I'd agree that the Tidus account looks more promising for you.

tehni and Onejah like this.
  16. Valcrist

Valcrist Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    878 Mag D. Fina / 900 Atk DKC
    Just wanted to ask if Ashe (FF12) is any good? One of my favorite characters so curious if she's worth saving tickets for (in global)?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  17. tehni

tehni Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh, Tidus
    According to the famitsu website, she's rated as a 12.0 where as there are a dozen or so listed above and below that rating. Her skills seem decent, but her MP cost for the skills are a bit high, which is why I'm guessing she is lower on the scale of unit rankings. Not sure where she is in terms of other units of the same sort of role. I can imagine her "Meditate" skill which is 5 turns x all allies + 45% MAG/SPR would help for a heavy mage team. She has other skills that seem to be helpful too like aoe esuna + 1 magical attack and aoe heal+ 10 hit magic attack, but again very mp costly.

Here's a link to her skills.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/532

Thank you, I've been playing around with the Tidus account and trying to use the Mog event to grind out some Metal Gigantaurs. I'm also trying to pick up that gun for Balthier. Between both Tidus and Balth, it's actually really fun to play. With Rikku in the mix with a sufficient healer for now (Lenna... wait what am I saying, she only has Cure atm!! LIVING ON THE EDGE), Rikku's AOE phoenix down has been A LIFE SAVER (wait, there's a joke in here somewhere). I haven't bothered to level Lenna and put all my resources into Tidus first, Balth, Rikku, and D. Fina -- suffice it say, it's been very on-the-edge-of-my-seat playing when starting out in the beginning doing the grind event, lol.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  18. tehni

tehni Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh, Tidus
    Holy crap, Nyx is SUPER OP. What a stud. I didn't bother to roll on his banner because knowing me, I'd come up with 7 of the 3-star unit Libertus. But DW Nyx is just amazing as a friend unit. Now I am like do a reroll for this guy?!

Just as a side note, being on the JP version has really opened my eyes on what to look out for in GL when it later comes out. Rikku is so invaluable with her LB it's nuts. I have D. Fina on GL and JP, but comparatively she is taking longer to see any significant damage out of her as I've seen with Balth and Tidus so I'm not sure at this point (being only the 3rd stage of the main game because of mog event grinding) if I'd be willing to pick up her unit given the chance. But again, I am only in the beginning stages with her so my perspective may change. But holy cow... NYX.

19. Onejah

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    53/68
    My Tidus 700+ atk with Ifrit ( for beast killer ) + Ramza "song+2" is sometimes taking like 60~70% off the behemoth boss from current event.
    Good enough to me ! :D

20. tehni

tehni Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh, Tidus
    Haha, I'm really enjoying Tidus in combination of Balth and Rikku atm given that this is my first time playing with those characters. It's much more interesting gameplay than my GL account but I know both will take time. I'm trying to just bite the bullet and build up this account since it seems to have a good foundation, but there will always be that itch to want reroll for something better. I already fell into the trap of using all my tickets and lapis after I realized how insane Nyx was after using him first hand and not just going by ranking. Though, I guess one could argue there is no better time to try and pull Nyx because he's currently the banner.