1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

JP Accounts - Questions and Discussion on Rerolls & pulled Units

Discussion in 'Unit Discussions' started by Onejah, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Onejah

Onejah Honey Boo Boo's fan VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    53/73
    There will be better units than Nyx, just keep your lapis/tix from now on. :3

I'm saving mine for FF7/FF8 banners as i'm good for a while now~ ( i'll start feeding Noctis my atk, def, etc... pots soon once i'm done with Tidus' )

tehni likes this.
  2. Angelust

Angelust Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, DKC, FV, OK, DV
    Nyx is not bad, but insane damage is going to be a result of high stats more than being a particular character. Tidus can get you big damage too.

3. tehni

tehni Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh, Tidus
    Right, I guess I am looking at it more so from the fact of his Osmosis skill. I feel like this makes him a pretty sustainable character for long battles though Tidus does have that passive MP Regen bypassing any need to use an actual turn to regain some.

But this is just a beginner's observation. I should be happy that I pulled 3 relevant rainbows on the account with great TMRs and a Rikku. Point is that you will always want to reroll, but you have to start somewhere if you want to start actually playing the game. This is hard enough as is to come to terms with as everyone wants a great start or a certain character when rerolling. There's a lot more to consider than just one unit.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Onejah likes this.
  4. Onejah

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    53/73
    Well as someone who took several weeks to choose/roll an awesome account, i can just agree on that.
    You need to settle on an account you like ( for me it was tidus/irene/rikku ) or you'll want to reroll at each powercreeeping banner.

5. Angelust

Angelust Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, DKC, FV, OK, DV
    Tehni - Eventually you'll want to try and get MP regen for the whole party, as MP management becomes a team-wide challenge for some trials.

But once you get espers like Odin, you can add HP/MP drain to almost any character you really need it on. My Onion Knight gets HP/MP drain from a unique set of bracers, and he also has another way to get it from Odin. Against Ultros he's usually draining like 600 MP. I get the same benefit with Odin on my Fire Veritas in another account.

6. Valcrist

Valcrist Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    907 Mag D. Fina
    Thanks. Google didn't help me looking for that. All that came up was stuff about where to find Heaven's Ash.

I don't know how it compares to other JP characters but Global wise she seems sick.

7. Tath

Tath Member

Hey all, I rerolled my jap acc awhile back but never play and kinda decided to roll for ayaka...somehow pull her when login to this acc.
    I attached my full inventory along for insights.
    Should I stick to this and keep playing forward?
    Many thanks!

Attached Files:

8. Onejah

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    53/73
    I'd play it with Noctis ( with Zidane ) / Crowe as DPS + Ayaka as healer is a very good account, you'll just need a Cecil/WoL to replace Soze which can be your tank for now & some utilities like Rikku and/or Agrias.

Tath likes this.
  9. Tath

Tath Member

Alright awesome and thanks for your reply. Will start plowing through content :D

10. Kuromino

Kuromino Well-Known Member

Japan ID:
    207 537 466
    Leads:
    Dark Veritas
    I'll agree with Onejah.

Ayaka can be your healer
    Crowe fills multiple roles such as backup healer, magic damage and support
    Noctis fills multiple roles as well such as backup healer (HP and MP), physical damage, support and debuffer
    Soze can be your tank. He comes with some buffs/debuffs as well
    Blanc can be your second physical damage dealer for now.

If you use, say, Onejah's Tidus as a friend unit. You can chain Tidus' Quick Trick with Blanc's Thunderclap (Famitsu says these two attacks chain well) and end the chain with Noctis' Warp Break. Should deal some nice damage. Especially if Crowe used Attack Code on Noctis.

Tath likes this.
  11. Tath

Tath Member

Alright man thanks, I'm sticking to the team per above. Currently farming the ffxv kingsglaive event for some mats and cactuars...hopefully can get enough ::cactaur::