1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

News June 15th Ability Awakening Update! (Elza, Ace, Firion, Jake, Karl, Seria, Cloud of Darkness)

Discussion in 'Announcements & Events' started by Parade, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Parade

Parade Husbando de Grex Staff Member Moderator Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rem, Event Unit
  2. Sitkan

Sitkan Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    123 818 091
    Leads:
    Charlotte
    All right! Firion my man!

3. Barroth

Barroth Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilga 942atk/Olive 1094atk/Fry 883mag
    Ugh another month without anything exciting to enhance. I just did garnet and snow because.... because it was something to do.

Also where the fuck are enhancements for
    Ramza
    Cecil
    DKC
    Gilgamesh
    Refia
    Agrias

All were out by batch 3 in Jp. And no power creep is not an excuse

Jmad, Redtide and Fenix808 like this.
  4. Jman1115

Jman1115 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I just wanna know if Noctis and Yun are getting enhanced

Jmad likes this.
  5. machinegungun999

machinegungun999 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Enhancement is mostly done to make unusable units usable again. Noctis and Yun is too OP to have enhancement, at least until more OP units got released.

6. Alystair

Alystair Member

I would say power creep is a good reason not to release enhancements or OP units. It keeps things challenging. If they had released Rikku, Tilith 6* or WoL 6* earlier, it would have trivialized the trials that recently came out. Also, it would have made all those other enchantments for lesser units completely useless.

darkefreet and Parade like this.
  7. Magoya

Magoya Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis, Olive, e.Ace, event unit
    Why no Wild Card!? I wanted to see an enhanced version of it. It has been a useful skill for me on some occasions. Still, if I can awaken some of Ace's abilities, I will. The problem is Firion's seem to be more useful in general.

darkefreet and Parade like this.
  8. architect

architect Ascended Member Supporter

I hope i have the mats required to fully enhance firion ::=3::

9. DeathShadow

DeathShadow Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Yun,Olive.Orlandu JP Elfried,FV,2B
    100s
    Finally my boy ace gets enhanced! Love his mp recover ability on my jp account. And tribeam laser dropping enemy light fire thunder resist by 75% is no joke

10. Fenix808

Fenix808 Member

Global ID:
    252 911 038
    Leads:
    Rem, Tilith for BF event
    Yeah, at this point their enhancements won't even be as good as some of the newer/awakened characters without enhancements, namely Cecil (vs WoL) and Refia (vs Tilith). Also, it doesn't really make sense that Ace and Seven got their enhancements when Cecil, Refia, and others have been around longer. I hope their enhancements get modified to compensate for the later release.

11. Lorenzo1389

Lorenzo1389 Member

Global ID:
    863 710 985
    Leads:
    Reberta,Greg,Yun,Aileen, Vargas,Ace
    Wild Card left out...oh why..::rudecat6::

still waiting for gilgamesh's

Parade likes this.
  12. machinegungun999

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    I think the justification of enhancement is to (1) make unusable units usable again (2) but not outright OP.
    For (1) Cecil and Refia are very usable even as-is so they are not priority for enhancement. On the other hand, Ace and Seven are pretty much benched forever since their release so it makes sense to give them enhancement first. In fact, they know Queen is so weak without enhancement that they just combine her enhancement into her original release.
    For (2), that's obviously the reason why they don't release Ramza's enhancement.

Fenix808 likes this.
  13. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    ._. Why you guys crying for the WIld Card to get an enhancement? I do not recall it getting an enhancement over on the JP version. You guys looking selfish (No offense).

I believe these enhancements are good. May give me a reason to focus on Firion, but I am most likely will put my all on Elza and CoD's Omni Veil.

14. Fenix808

Fenix808 Member

Global ID:
    252 911 038
    Leads:
    Rem, Tilith for BF event
    Good points. Cecil is one of my most used units. If it wasn't for me being super lucky and getting Rem, there's no doubt I'd still be using Refia...until maybe Friday, lol. But I'm prolly just getting a little bitter because I was looking forward to their enhancements getting released already. Regardless, I'm definitely glad to get what's coming this week.

15. Lorenzo1389

Lorenzo1389 Member

Global ID:
    863 710 985
    Leads:
    Wild Card is a global exclusive skill

darkefreet likes this.
  16. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    @Lorenzo1389 My point is they were going to follow almost the same pattern as JP for the enhancements, so I do not understand why, regardless of Wild Card as a GL exclusive skill, for people to aim for him to get an enhancement. Maybe later on in the game, but not at this point. Am I'm the only one who saw this coming or what?

17. Lorenzo1389

Lorenzo1389 Member

Global ID:
    863 710 985
    Leads:
    SummonerBWM

developers kept reiterating to view JP and GL as 2 different games, so you can't really blame those with Ace to look forward to wild card's enhancement to be included. This will bump Ace up the rankings alongside the Top mages.

Jmad likes this.
  18. DeathShadow

DeathShadow Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Yun,Olive.Orlandu JP Elfried,FV,2B
    100s
    i honestly was not expecting ace to get wildcard enhanced. i expected exact jp nhancements and am fine with those. ace is great with enhancements. his mp heal ability is very powerful (40-140 mp recovered for your entire team for 10 mp cost) and his tribeam laser is very strong. it is multi hit now and has a chance for a 2250% modifier! granted its a low chance but it still hits for at least the normal 280% at least and maybe even 420% or 560%. and it always reduces enemy light, fire, lightning resist by 75% to EVERY enemy. ace is legit with these enhancements

19. Lorenzo1389

Lorenzo1389 Member

Global ID:
    863 710 985
    Leads:
    Developers created global exclusive skills to entice players to summon and use them.
    Yet when it comes to enhancement, they are being left out. This doesn't sit well with me personally. It feels as though it's a half baked job of copying and paste from JP.

20. machinegungun999

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    On the other hand, enhancement existed in the 1st place to compensate for developer's poor insight when they first released an old character and realized they can't compete with the newer, better design one. Developers already learnt from JP what's working and what's not - for example, they learn Cecil is very powerful as a 3*, ever more powerful than what a 4* should be, while they learn Queen cannot compete with any 5*. So when they release those units in GL they took into account what needs to be improved (but they are unlikely to downgrade an existing OP unit for obvious reason, except Noctis since it was released in sync on both side so they can make a lesser version without technically downgrading an "existing" unit). Some of the changes are incorporated in the initial release, like Queen's enhancement moved to her starting skillset, and all those GL exclusive abilities/equipments usable only on those underpowered units. Others are handled by releasing their enhancements earlier or introduce GL exclusive enhancement.

Back to your question, since they already took into account Ace's original weakness in JP by designing this GL exclusive skills for him, from their point of view this skill is already adequate to make him great from start so enhancement on it will be very unlikely, unless, well, they miscalculated again. Consider the existence of the skill itself to be a form of "enhancement" will make you happier. :)

Parade and linXzta like this.