1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Limit Burst farming tips?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nelo, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Nelo

Nelo Member

Looking for any tips you guys have on Limit Burst farming. Obviously it's a long and tedious process whether you're doing it for the trophy, or to power them up. I don't fully understand how the game decides how much LB you get each turn etc.

2. SpoonyBard

SpoonyBard Well-Known Member

That's a good question. I would like to know myself. I noticed that it builds faster with melee though.

3. Nelo

Nelo Member

To add to that, I would like to know what CoD's "auto-limit" TM actually does. Not that it matters since I don't have her lol.

4. Retro

Retro New Member

CoD's auto limit = Increase LB gauge by 1/turn. Need wait for "trust moggles" or something you can feed to increase TMs.

5. Zenn

Zenn I Feel It Coming :3 VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus |D.Verita
    Things that you need to know about LB.
    You get your LB bar filled by obtaining the red crystals which are dropped from monsters when you attack them.
    Each units has their own LB cost to fill. Eg: Rain needs 8 crystals to fill his LB to max.
    Units also have their own dropcheck (numbers of crystals that can be dropped when you attack(Normal attack, skills, etc)). Eg : Rain *2 has max of 3 crystals that he can drop from normal attack.

So when you hit an enemy, it drops crystals and the crystals will be distributed randomly to your units.

6. Nelo

Nelo Member

I've noticed that not only do higher rarity units require more uses to level up, they typically seem to take longer to charge as well. Is that true or just my imagination?

7. Xyriss

Xyriss New Member

limit break only increase by 1 per battle even if used many times in one battle.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  8. MPM1

MPM1 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    The Prince and The Old Man
    xyriss, I don't think that's true. Go do some exploration, and do 2-3 LBs.

9. nakedFarmer

nakedFarmer Well-Known Member

I believe COD tm gives you one lb crystal per round, which is somewhat very under power. There's suppose to be a future unit who's tm doubles that of cod

10. SuRfY

SuRfY CEO of Gumi VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru with maxed Phantom Blade
    A small tip or rather what I am doing at the moment.
    Run earth shrine exploration, if there are 2 enemy, tap one enemy and unload all the normal attacks on that one enemy.
    These will give you quite a bit of the crystals to charge your lb. The second enemy just press auto.
    There will be a situation where few units can use lb and some not yet charged. Tap one enemy, if the unit's charged lb is single target, use it. If the unit's charged lb is multi target, don't use it (use a normal attack instead because you want to keep the other enemy alive)
    The last unit standing just auto all the way...I average 8-11 limit burst per unit per earth shrine explorations...
    IMG_0369.PNG
    I am farming TM actually but doing lb also so doesn't waste the NRG. Damn tedious.

11. MPM1

MPM1 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    since I'm doing earth shrine with 5 lennas, and would fuse the others into 1, I won't bother with their LB. Auto all the way, it they do LB, it's ok, if not it's ok too.

12. Do Tu Nguyen

Do Tu Nguyen Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    3 things I know that will help you.
    1. Autoattack will make more LB crystal than skills and magics. Some events like the Moon Cake event requires an autoattack team. That event will give you many LB counts for the Trophy (yes I got 500lapis from that).
    2. Set you LB to Automatic. This can be done in Option. LB will be automatically used next turn when your LB gauge is full. Do this and your exploration quest will be much more fun.
    Also 3* units will have lower requirement for level up LB level than that of higher rarity units. Thus someone suggest using the LB pots on 3* units, while others claim that the LB level will be reset at awakening.
    3. Don't be too eager on these tropies. They takes time. Forget about it and someday it'll come!

13. Rick Deckard

Rick Deckard Active Member

I'm having trouble understanding, how do you increase the LB skill level outside of using the LB pots?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  14. MPM1

MPM1 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Do Tu Nguyen, I agree with your point 1 and 2. regular attack indeed fills LB gauge faster, especially if you focus attack on 1 enemy and keep hitting after it's dead.

Auto is also very fun, and I'm autoing all the time. But if you're really hardcore, you could consider tapping the friend unit for a regular attack before hitting the auto button. This way, your 5 units' LB will fill faster, because the friend's LB will always be full.

Lastly, I can confirm that level and progress is carried over when we level up. But remember we only need 3 LB pot to increase LB level of a 3* (300 exp needed). If you're only using 2, it's 200 done, 100 to go.... and afterwards you awaken the unit to 4*, it will be 200 done, 550 to go (for 750 total). By this example, we can conclude that it doesn't matter how many exp / LB pot we use as 3*, if we fail to level up the LB, it will just be the same as gaining exp/ using pot when the unit is 4*/5*

15. SuRfY

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    To put it short and simple. If you need 300 exp to level up the limit burst, you have to use the limit burst 300 times..

16. Do Tu Nguyen

Global ID:
    What will happen if I use like, say 200 pots, equal to 20,000 points to raise my 3* cod to LV10 limit burst, then awake him to 5*? Will he retain the Lv10? Or the system will calculate 20,000 LB points only qualified as Lv6 for a 5* unit, and his LB level will drop down to Lv6?

17. SuRfY

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    The unit will retain.

18. Do Tu Nguyen

Global ID:
    If thay is true, I will save the next good 3* unit to use all pots on him. Lol, my 20 pots from the last event only bring my 5* cod to lv2.5

19. SuRfY

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah, i am saving too but i only have 11 of those. Originally it's for Chizuru but having second thoughts now. Maybe dps will be obsolete in the future..lol..

20. Do Tu Nguyen

Global ID:
    I dont think so. Invest in Chiz is the right thing to do coz her LB is like hell spammable...