1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Memories from the Aquapolis 1/6 - 1/18 (Event info + guide now available)

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Jose, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Felipe Leon

Felipe Leon Member

Would appreciate it if you could add me too JustinHChrist or anyone strong enough. Trying to clear the Aquapolis content on ELT and Antonella Trial.

Pleaseeeee Add Me! My Leader is a Noctis.

ID 412,955,523

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. Alex Dickson

Alex Dickson New Member

Anyone able to add me with a powerful character? Managed to get to Pro with what I have but that's as far as I got. # is 483 407 677 thanks.

3. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

FaRFrOmPoOpIn Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    so as it stands Dark Fina does close to 5000 damage a round when I am fully buffed up, Embolden, Focus, Omni veil. buffs don't even run a course due to the amount of damage she easily drops each round. should not have to spend every round healing with curaja and elixers, just a waste of time meant for whales, if you did this F2P and with out TMs you are just a blatant lie, love the fake difficulty thrown behind bosses that have spam attacks.

4. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

Global ID:
    no their not, they are reveling in all the whale money they made from dark fina already. they don't care how broken the game is.

5. bwompX2

bwompX2 Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru or Cecil
    Same team in sig except Lenna for heal/support instead of Bartz. Focus, Omni, and an 850 ATK Noctis (thanks Chee) dropping a Thunder Flask right away. 1 Exdeath was wiped out after the first volley. Restored the first Exdeath, and the 2nd one was confused next round. Went back and forth almost every road keeping the Exdeaths up. Obviously couldn't chain and obviously using Noctis' raise too much. Brutal. I was hanging by a thread by the time I hit the 50% meteor.

Wondering if that was horrible luck or if I don't have the horse power for this event's ELT. Probably wouldn't be able to level a stronger alternative for Lenna in time for the event.

6. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

Global ID:

so buy the skin of what teeth I have left I beat her, you would think that how much you had to do to kill her she would atleast say a bit more after you beat her, do they have any imagination for event stories

7. pdark

pdark Member

Global ID:
    605 048 728
    Leads:
    Firion, Chizuru, Event Units
    Managed to defeat ELT with a Noctis friend! Would like to share some tips (apologies to the rest if the tips sounds "newbish"!):

1. Do a gear check before departing. As you might have geared for the previous event, do not have any elemental weakeness that is 100% or more.
    2. Don't forget to use a tent just before facing DFina.
    3. Get everyone ready to use their LBs. Walk to and fro the staircase if you have not done so. (except Exdeath and other units who do dark damage for their LBs).
    4. My team setup:
    Exdeath (Shiva) - wicked light spammer; do not use his LB as it is dark dmg.
    CoD (Diabolos) - Comeback, Omni-veil, Barrage, able to withstand dark dmg. (edit: with Diaobolos equipped, consider throwing in an Imperil at the start to make Exdeath's wicked light skill more damaging)
    Cecil (Golem) - LB buffer, Provoke for first half of fight, secondary healer.
    Refia (Carbuncle) - Curaja, stona, keep her LB when in need of AOE esuna (I do not have DC TM; would have helped a lot).
    Chizuru (Ifrit) - Nothing but phantom shadow. Litmus test for the team - if she can survive the fight, the rest shall survive!
    Noctis (Friend; Diabolos) - Thunder flask, warp break, keep LB for the final half of the fight.

Take your time and look through every buff and debuff that is up. Do not cast Omni-veil too early or too late as it is needed after DFina hits below 50% HP. A minimum criteria I would say is for the team to able to withstand at least the meteor attack. Otherwise it would be a painful cycle of raise/revive. Cecil and Noctis' LB buffs are the best in the game currently, so try not to overwrite their buffs. [Edit: Oh noes! Made a mistake in this part... buffs do not overwrite... but neither do they stack! So the point here is don't trigger Cecil and Noctis' LB at the same time... abit noobish sounding but it happens in the heat of the battle]

Edit: I just realized by playing it slowly, I inadvertently did chaining more effectively, as opposed to just using Auto. Basically start off the fight with a multi-hit move (eg. Chizuru's Phantom shadow) and end off with a hard-hitting single move (eg Exdeath wicked light). Your overall DPS in game would improve by perfecting this. :)

All the very best!

bwompX2 likes this.
  8. JustinHChrist

JustinHChrist Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Noctis, Lightning
    Added
    Says you are at capacity. PM me when you are not
    Added

9. CharAZN

CharAZN Member

Would Celes' Sealing blade be useful here? It seems like all that Dark Fina does is to spam hard hitting magic. It does seal your own magic though so as with most events you'll need the banner units. In this case Luka for her priestess miracle

10. pdark

pdark Member

Global ID:
    605 048 728
    Leads:
    Firion, Chizuru, Event Units
    If you can gauge the amount of dmg dished out to DFina very well, then sealing blade could be used to seal ultima. [Edit: cannot seal meteor, my bad!] But here lies the other issues:

1. sealing blade last ONE turn and only seals ONE magic spell. It won't help much in DFina's second phase of multiple attacks.
    2. Who is Celes gonna replace in the team? Her magic break does a measly 15% mag debuff and hence not a gd debuff alternative.

The idea is gd but it seems to me that u would sacrifice a lot to have her in the team. Too much precision to make it work.

11. Almea

Almea The Old One VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth or DW Elza
    I am F2P, and I had no problem doing ELT with a 700+ Gilga friend. I only have 1 TM, and that is dual cast on my Refia. Team was Vaan/Luneth/CoD/Exdeath/Refia. I think full break was key. I can't remember exactly, but I think I had to full raise Vaan at some point. But the whole battle only took 3 or 4 turns.

FaRFrOmPoOpIn likes this.
  12. Felipe Leon

Felipe Leon Member

Thank you sooo much Justin!

13. Arif

Arif Member

i need help too.. can someone add me in #090,341,398 thanks.. tried 4x clearing the elt.. so frustrating... just depleted 1/4 hp of dark fina and i died.. ::joy::

14. bwompX2

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru or Cecil
    This is good stuff, thank you! Similar to what I was trying, except with two Exdeaths and Lenna. As you suggested, I leaned more on Noctis's Warp Break/LB and used Cecil's LB instead of Focus when possible. A little bit of luck with my units not getting too many status ailments and I was able to beat her in about 5 turns.

One thing I'd point out: CoD's Omni-Veil includes darkness resistance, so I used it right away. I think that combined with Cecil's LB and Noctis' thunder flask helped my units withstand the opening volleys of darkness spells.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    pdark likes this.
  15. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

Global ID:
    Omni-veil is CoDs ability.

16. bwompX2

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru or Cecil
    Thanks. Corrected.

17. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

Global ID:
    n
    no problem::blind::

18. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

Global ID:
  19. McGillby

McGillby Member

Leads:
    Yun/Noctis/Lightning
    You only need to clear PRO to get the whip. ELT is for the 10% Trust Moggle and will be considerably harder and not do able with just a friend unit. If you have trouble on Pro level then ELT level is going to be out of reach.

20. project 86

project 86 Active Member

how much harder is ELT than pro because i just did pro pretty easy especially with my fully maxed out COD who has 2 man eaters abilities i think i might get that thorned mace which also has man eater and i am currently leveling up diabolos for his man eater