1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Event Memories from the Aquapolis 1/6 - 1/18 (Event info + guide now available)

Discussion in 'Announcements & Events' started by Jose, Jan 3, 2017.

1. spada

spada Member Supporter

Depends on your team setup. Mine was CoD, Luneth, Refia, Noctis, Charlotte and an OP friend Noctis. Only TMRs i had were Rising Sun on Noctis and Dualcast on Refia

2. Shinobi_SAC

Shinobi_SAC Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Wow ELT is a nightmare... Best I've managed is 25% on D.Fina, and then she just wrecks my team faster than I can recover ::salt::
    Any advice people can suggest? (My units are in my sig, have only 1 TMR which is dual-wield on CoD)

3. spada

spada Member Supporter

You're lacking a good attack unit from what i can see. I'm guessing you're using CoD for that. Let's see... if i had this team, on first turn i would go with Cecil: Focus, Agrias: Full break, Refia: Embolden, Exdeath: Dualcast Meteor and CoD: Omniveil. After that, Cecil: Provoke, Agrias: Cleansing Strike, Refia: Curaja, Exdeath: Dualcast Meteor or Osmose/Meteor and CoD: Comeback or Barrage depending on the status ailments. After that, it's all about keeping D.Fina debuffed and your units buffed and you should be able to nail her. Oh, and make sure you head into the fight with all LBs charged, they're a lot of help and equip your units with golden armlet/anklet to make them immune to petrify (one annoying status ailment you don't want to get)

Finally... use a friend unit with over 700 atk, preferably with excalibur for extra holy damage

Hope this helps

4. Maverickbp

Maverickbp Active Member

Also there appears to be hp thresholds so if you're trying to burn her down you may be getting multiple thresholds at once. She somehow survived the first turn against my team(barely) and so hit me with every threshold all at once. Didn't wipe me and I did finish her, but I left with a few bruises.

Shinobi_SAC likes this.
  5. spada

spada Member Supporter

Oh right, there are. She casts Meteor and Osmose when you lower her HP past 50% then Ultima and Dark Prism (Decrease DEF/SPR (35%) for 3 turns to all units) when lower than 30%
    And never use carbuncle, she'll cast World of Darkness if you do, which is a strong dark magic attack + dispelga

6. Shinobi_SAC

Shinobi_SAC Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Looks like that was what I was being caught with. Bit better use of Cecil (remembering to guard) and friend Noctis LB let me survive it as it caught me out again, but luckily my CoD and Exdeath survived on less than 500hp each, so I was able to finish her off the turn after ::bard::

7. spada

spada Member Supporter

Congrats. Enjoy the trust moogle

Shinobi_SAC likes this.
  8. project 86

project 86 Member

COD is actually pretty good attacker against D.Fina due to her having 2 man eater's in her abilities and if you equip diabolos on her he also has man eater and if you pick up the thorned mace(from Attack of Antenolla) that also has man eater so since D.Fina is a human COD would do massive damage on her

9. spada

spada Member Supporter

True, but it's best to give another unit the role of DPS since she also has omniveil and comeback, both essential skills to keep the damage controlled. If one has two CoDs though, then by all means prep one for attack and the other for support

10. project 86

project 86 Member

welp just tried the first time yeah i aint getting that moogle this battle was ridiculous and took about 30 minutes just to get to dark fina battle lol

11. spada

spada Member Supporter

What's your team setup?

12. project 86

project 86 Member

Cecil,Refia,COD,Vaan,sazh(lol been stuck with this chump forever since i havent pulled anyone better)

i've had the worst luck pulling big damage dealers like noctis,lightening,luneth,etc.

did PRO just fine with this group but ELT was another level lol

13. spada

spada Member Supporter

Hmmm... think you might need to change sazh for a better unit. Vaan can cover both focus and fullbreak... maybe another tank so it can cover for the other units or an extra healer
    Do you have any maxed units that are benched?

14. Gardener

Gardener Member

Almost got her with maxed team (Tilith, Ex, WoL, Mercedes, Cecil and a friend's Noctis on my first try - but then I got wiped out at the last minute.

Second time, it crashed.

Third time, I replaced my Exdeath and WoL with Chizuru and Agrias and used a weaker friend unit. Terrible mistake. Trying again tonight with Gold Armlets, Tilith's AoE heal/cure and lots of SPR boosts to go around. Thinking I might swap out Cecil with someone who can dole out damage.

15. aeroprime

aeroprime New Member

Leads:
    Lvl 60 Cecil, 6 star
    Hope this up coming maintenance fixes the app crashing for this event.

16. Tapioca

Tapioca Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I'm waiting on the last second to clear PRO. Did the rest with ease, but Fifty Shades Darker Fina is like 300% more difficult than I can handle without cycling through my whale friends ahaha.

Also waiting to hear that the crashing is fixed. I didn't even know about it until I failed PRO the first time. Luckily it didn't happen to me, but I'd rather keep it that way until it's safe!

17. project 86

project 86 Member

only maxed out unit i have is garland should i throw him in??
    [​IMG]

i think i might throw him in his only downside is his low hp and 0 ability slots

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  18. Ruriko

Ruriko Member

Global ID:
    Does black cat lid hex strike guarantee a 100% sleep on fina?

19. Gardener

Gardener Member

Beat it with Exdeath, Mercedes, Chizuru, Refia and Cecil, with a friend's Noctis for debuffs. That was a fun fight! I'm mostly F2P so that trust Moogle will come in handy.

20. spada

spada Member Supporter

Don't think he'll make much of a change... though i guess you could give it a shot and see how it goes