1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

New Units

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by JeanTylerGabriel, Jan 11, 2017.

1. JeanTylerGabriel

JeanTylerGabriel New Member

Does anyone know if the devs plan on adding units from FF7 & FF8 and if so, when?

2. Sefiros

Sefiros Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    I was thinking over and over and over about it and at the end I realized they won't. So what is the reason why? If you played ff7 and ff8 you know that characters doesn't have they unique moves (Im not sure about ff8, but in ff7 everyone can equip materias, so everyone can do same things, the only one unique ability to ff7 units are limit breakes) so probably they just think what kind of abilities they can give to those units but not screw them up like they did it in FFRK...

3. Veralian

Veralian Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru 844 ATK
    So far nothing added in JP.

4. Chase

Chase Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    Expect them to be released when the game starts dying out to rebuild interest.

5. IIBass88II

IIBass88II New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Santa Roselia
    I don´t know anything about FFKR so, how they did screw them?

6. Sefiros

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    Its FFRK, RK for Record keeper. They just assigned blade spells to both of them as their strongest skill to use and you know how we love hybrid damage in FFBE...

7. JeanTylerGabriel

I see what you mean with FF7... and FF8 uses something similar to materia in the junctioning system assigning Guardian Forces (GFs) that imbue abilities like magic and summoning GFs like espers. But in both cases the limit breaks vary. By being creative with assigning abilities to each new unit like with FF6 (in which any character can learn EVERY spell by assigning them specific espers that each teach a different group of spells, with some overlap between the espers) I think FFBE can bring in FF7 & FF8 characters. Besides, they're missing out on two of the most popular games in the Final Fantasy series. Besides, who wouldn't love having Cloud and/or Sephiroth or Squall and/or Seifer in their party? (FF7 is my favorite game in the series, followed by FF6, then FF4, FF8, and FF9... FF10 is up there too)

8. Asgard

Asgard Member

FF7 will probably come out with the FF7 remake

9. Sefiros

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    I hope they will be creative and not screw up those units, all of 4 of them which you mentioned are really good and I like it, so they has to be very carefully to not piss off fans too much. For FF7 units, if they would assign weaker limit breaks from FF7 as abilities in FFBE and use the strongest limit break from FF7 and assign it as limit break in FFBE... that would actually work well but at the same time they would be little OP.

10. vcrisant13

vcrisant13 Well-Known Member Supporter

There are so many moves (LB) to choose from if you think about it. For instance:

Cloud
    -Braver
    -Climhazzard
    -Cross slash
    -Blade beam
    -Meteorain
    -Finishing Touch
    -Omnislash (I assume this would be 6* level 100)

Same with all other FF7 chars. Squall also has:
    -Renzokuken + rough divide, fated circle, blasting zone, lion heart.

There are plenty of attacks to give these units. They'll figure something out.

JeanTylerGabriel likes this.
  11. JeanTylerGabriel

I think FFBE could easily use pre-existing abilities for the FF7 & FF8 units, such as armor break, power break, blade bash, bladeblitz, store, focus, maybe cheer, among others. Also stat buffs like ATK +20%. As for magic one example would be thunder for Cloud as the first materia he gets is lightning. With LBs the ones for other units have the same animation with ne we embellishments as the unit progresses for 3* to 6* and the names of the LBs for the unit changes.

12. Tetsuro

Tetsuro Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Maybe they'll troll us and release a Crisis Core banner first?