1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Not so old player looking for Team advice

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Wasted, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Wasted

Wasted Member

Hey i have been playing since Dec. And figured i would ask some advice on how to max my teams with the units i have.
    i have been reading up on the units in reviews on this forum but still not sure what the best team setup is with my current roster
    i still havent completed the story line or any TM's

here are my units so far.

Possible 6* units.

Snow 5* lvl 73

Exdeath 5* lvl 65 + 3* lvl 1

Cecil 5* lvl 42 + 3* lvl 1

Santa Roselia 4* Max lvl (working on getting awaken mats)

Medius 3* lvl 23

Cerius 3* lvl 6

Possible 5* units

Agrias 5* Max lvl + Agrias 4* lvl 1

Xiao 5* lvl 19 + 3* lvl 1

Vanille 4* lvl 34

Charlotte 4* lvl 32

Zidane 4* lvl 28

Ludmille 4* lvl 21

Sazh 4* lvl 10

Artemios 4* lvl 7

Warrior of light 4* lvl 1

Rosa 4* lvl 1

Arc 4* lvl 1

3* below

Firion lvl 34

Fang lvl 29

Golbez lvl 37

Tellah lvl 26

Faris lvl 24

Roselia lvl 23

Hayate lvl 22

Kuja lvl 14

Miyuki lvl 8 + lvl 1

Kain lvl 1

Rydia lvl 1

Galuf lvl 1

Elle lvl 1 + lvl 1

Kefka lvl 1

Rakshasa lvl 1

Gilbert lvl 1

Alma lvl 1

Ingus lvl 1

wont bother you with the rest of my max 4* units :)

For my main team im using Snow, cecil, exdeath, agrias, santa roselia.
    it feels a little tanky imo but not sure what to replace with what, since i dont think i have any good dps units.

I got a team of random dudes i lvl besides it with fang, snow, vanille, zidane, firion

and my TM grind team is Xiao, cecil, zidane, ludmille, cecil. not really working on it atm

i have even been thinking about rerolling but with my luck i will prolly not get any of the uber dps units :)

2. Asf

Asf VIP VIP

Are you sure you dont want to reroll for 2 5base units ? ...

3. thosewhofighton76

thosewhofighton76 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    You do have some pretty good units, but i might recommend rerolling till you get a top Phys DPS unit 5* base with dual wield (lightning, gilgamesh, luneth). It is a very long tedious process though, took me between 20-25 rerolls to get my lightning on my alt account (which was fluke i got a blue crystal that upgraded all the way to rainbow) .

4. winova

winova Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh/Chizuru
    The following are your best units: Cecil, Exdeath, Santa Roselia, Agrias, WoL, Firion (& 6* Rain)
    For now, this might be a good team setup (as it does not required heavy investment): Santa Roselia, Cecil, Agrias, Exdeath, Arc
    - Santa Roselia is your best healer
    - Agrias for Protectga & Full break (also prepare for when her 6* is released)
    - Exdeath is the second best mages in GL, barely beaten by Dark Fina
    - Arc has dual black magic and a decent collection of spells, can do DC elemental chain with Exdeath
    - Cecil is the best tank in GL, with curaja to back up for Roselia, Focus for your mages and one of the best LB in the game
    As soon as you get Focus on Cecil, Full break on Agrias and Dual Black Magic for your mages, Exdeath & Arc can dish out some serious damage.

For the long term, I think you can build a very good physical team: Roselia (or Y'shtola, if we can get her for free), 6* Agrias, another 6* Agrias, 6* Firion, 6* Rain (or 6* WoL)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Stealth likes this.
  5. Caliber

Caliber Well-Known Member

Your team will improve vastly in time when units get enhancements and upgrades if you wait it out. Right now they're not very good but agrias firion wol will be an you have a Ludmille and zidane. Exdeath isok.... the rest are junk

6. Bitzpleze

Bitzpleze Active Member

If you plan on playing this game for more than a few months, then I would suggest spending your extra energy on trips to the earth shrine in order to TM farm. Team of Ludmille, Zidane, Snow, Xiao, and Agrias. This will make your firion top/high tier for most of the future of this game.

Don't listen to the people that say reroll. I suggest it all the time but in your situation I do not suggest it since you have a balanced team already

7. Wasted

Wasted Member

ok thank you for all the helpfull replies so far :)

pulled Mercedes the other day is she worth it for phys?

so basicly a phys team for me atm would be firion, agrias, santa, Cecil, Mercedes. or would it be better with wol instead of Cecil? and a mage team would be ex, arc, santa, Cecil, agrias.

so why agrias tm farm before Cecil? Cecils tm seems to be the better of the two?

got some good ideas on what to go for at try to build instead of just aimlesly lvl'ing units :)

will just have to rely on a couple of whales atm for the harder content :)

8. Sariel

Sariel New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning usually
    I really feel like arc is under appreciated, barring 6* mages, he is top notch, especially when geared right, and his tm is just epic.

9. Bitzpleze

Bitzpleze Active Member

In general, you'll want to train everyone who can become 6* whether or not they can as of now. Your team doesn't need Agrias and WoL and Cecil. That is very likely to change once each of these units gets a 6* form. Your team may end up like Agrias, WoL, Cecil, Mercedes, for sure. Hopefully you can summon Refia or Tilith. Both are probably a direct upgrade

The reason people say Agrias' TM is better is because it does not have an element. Excalibur has 8 more points of atk and the Holy element. This means that for some events it will be worse, some events better.

You will still likely want to use Cecil and Santa Roselia. Make sure Cecil is max level.

10. Wasted

Wasted Member

Again thank you :) been lucky getting 1 more zidane + 1 more Cecil. is 3 Cecil TM's overkill? :)

Cecil is 6* now and around lvl 70. will just keep working on the units i have and have fun playing the game :) and get the tm's as fast as possible

11. feitian87

feitian87 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh / Dark Fina
    Just my opinion,

Go with:
    Cecil (golem) - tank
    Santa Roselia (carbuncle/shiva) - healer
    Rain (diabolos) - Full-brealer/party buff
    ExDeath (ramuh) - mage
    Mercedes (ifrit) - physical DPS

This will be your balanced full 6* team, which will help you clear the story.

Cecil and ExDeath is very future proof so definitely max them. Rain will get 6* on Thursday and will be the best Full-breaker (and only 6* Full-breaker) for quite a while.

Santa Roselia is 3rd best healer, but she doesn't get a revive skill. Hope you get lucky and pull Refia or Luka.

But in any case, definitely hope to pull a better physical DPS to replace Mercedes. Firion would get 6* sometime soon (when the FF2 banner comes) and would be a great unit then.

Also, once you're done with maxing your primary team, max WoL too to get him ready for his 6* release.