1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Old Arena

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Rinny, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Maybe others burned their orbs before you did so after reaching a certain point everyone that's only spending daily orbs stay hovering around a certain rank? I'm also rank 88 in the game so would get more points than say someone rank 50.

2. Syrus375

Syrus375 Active Member Supporter

Super duper never lose smarty pants stratgey... barrage with golem stick...

3. Shinobi_SAC

Shinobi_SAC Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    959 392 578
    Leads:
    560atk Dual wield CoD
    meets triple luneth, cecil and refia team and cries

4. Syrus375

Syrus375 Active Member Supporter

Lol my actual method is pick whoever is at top of list
    Elza madness rush
    Cod barrage
    Luneth hit all
    Exdeath meteor
    Cecil curaja (even if i go first and everyone is at full health)
    Just keep hitting repeat i win about 8 out of 10 times to me arena is boring so i just do it for the medals and even then im just like bleh

5. Do Tu Nguyen

Do Tu Nguyen Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    If you can be bored with Arena, aim to win streak with highest ratio match available. Pretty challenging for me.
    This week's formation of mine:
    - If I go first:
    Refia Embolden/Full Life on opponent CoD
    Cecil Darkside with Shining Splendour
    WoL Bladeblitz with Golem's Staff
    CoD Barrage with DW Rising Sun/Thorned Mace
    Exdeath Meteor/Wicked Light depend on opponent's WOL/Cecil tank.
    - If I go second I'd prefer Curaja if was heavily damaged, or just ignore minor damage and follow the "first" formation.
    5x streak and still at place 4500. In my experience, I wouldn't be able to reach and stay in the 3000 braket.

6. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

I'm still not seeing how you're having so much difficulty getting higher than that. obviously you're doing all you can outside of lapis refills. I'm wondering if it's because I'm higher ranked that I'm getting a lot of 1.13 ratio battles.

Refia - same as you
    Gilgamesh - Dual divider w/ Genji Glove
    Elza - dual reap blood(I have demon scythe and gungnir but that ability is so OP)
    WoL - bladeblitz w/ golem staff
    CoD - DW equipped like yours with 8x barrage hits or 2x dark void or whatever to pick off units hidden behind tanks.

Haven't needed to mess with the setup and bring in exdeath or whomever. Tried bartz but he's eh. Dropped a lil today due to no fault of my own to rank 243 or so.

7. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Last battle the best I could choose from was a 1.06 ratio and this time finally got a bunch of 1.50's. Funny thing is this is the third time I've fought this person's high ranked team. Their team consists of 3 lightnings, 1 gilgamesh, and 1 shadow or Miyuki lol.

8. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Well this is the first time I got my a$$ handed to me. Team of 4 lightnings and cecil went first and each one did their aoe abilities. Horrible bad rng luck and blew me up. Funny enough 3/4 of them were using weapons that couldn't hurt my Elza but it was only a matter of time.

9. Do Tu Nguyen

Global ID:
    You
    Once I met a team with all dw Dark element. After 2 turns all was gone but my DKC and CoD both with 100% dark resist. So slowly but steadly I finish them off at round 6 :)

10. Do Tu Nguyen

Global ID:
    About why I can't get in 3000, last week I lost just once, and have 2 streak of some 100 and 5x. That was my mistake to play too safe and advoid the dangerous ones. Thus ended me at about 4700.
    This week I only select the highest ratio and now at 6x streak but after spent all orbs, still lay at 5000. Plus the ups in rank after battles is so slow now, I am not confident that I would ever set foot on 3000, BC especially when the chance to lose seems to be higher now.

11. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Yup. I've had that happen a few times. I laugh every time. That's why I'm making backup weapons in save the queen since my Excalibur can't hurt cecil.

12. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Everybody seems to have the same setup until you get to the top 100 or so. That's when you see 4 lightnings, luneths, etc. Ya get as high as you can and next month always choose the highest you can get. I have had a lot less 1.50's and more 1.13's this month but being rank 88 and already getting decently high in the arena ranks, I think is what keeps me up there.

13. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Whelp finally happened to me. Dead cecil popped back up to defend lightning...took no dmg from my attacks since he was already dead...and then died again this time in lightnings arms.

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  14. architect

architect Well-Known Member Supporter

Need to ask something guys,,
    Does Entrust is a permanent forbidden ability in arena?Or is it just this week?

15. Do Tu Nguyen

Global ID:
    It is believed to be permanent banned. I think the Arena will be seriously unbalanced if Entrust is used. It'll be LB filler battles :)

16. architect

architect Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh I see,,yes that might be true,haha..
    thanks anyway friend ::up::

17. Stahn

Stahn Active Member Supporter

Arena look pretty unbalanced now with multiple luneth and lightning at top ranks:D it's getting more and more.

18. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Counter + evade is where it's at in arena. Seeing all the "free" damage lightnings and luneths get to tee off on me after I take my turn makes me want to throw some Sabins and Cyans in my tm parties.

Stahn likes this.
  19. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Anyone notice whenever cecil jumps into cover whoever uses barrage that unit seems to take it personally? Any time cecil jumps to cover a unit my CoD seems to focus on him every single time. It's frustrating when 5/6 of the 8 hit barrage is getting "wasted" on cecil taking 75% reduced dmg when there's a squishy luneth/lightning/gilgamesh/Elza waiting to get picked off.

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  20. Do Tu Nguyen

Global ID:
    That's right. I thought my argument would be:
    When Cecil go cover on one character's spot, that spot will contains 2 characters, thus doubles the chance that it will be targeted. So about 40% of the remaining attacks (after the one that triggered Cover) from CoD would land here.
    A scenario: CoD uses Barrage
    Hit 1: On Refia
    Hit 2: On Luneth, but Cecil dash in and cover that - You see 1 attack intercepted.
    From hit 3-hit 8: there is 6 hits, and 40% of the hits (=2.4) would go to Luneth/Cecil's spot. You would see 2-3 attacks goes there.
    So you would see CoD goes to Luneth a total of 3-4 attacks in her 8 hits barrage go to Luneth/Cecil. I'd say it'll be half of the attacks goes there most of the time.