1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Optimized Unit Build: Arc (no TMR)

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Diego Vargas, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Diego Vargas

Diego Vargas Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    • Weapon: Wizard Rod ATK 18, MAG 72 (Chamber of the Fallen: Surging Menace)
    • Shield: None
    • Hat: Circlet DEF 10 MAG 15 SPR 7 (Wind Shrine - Exploration)
    • Body: Black Robe DEF 34 MAG 20 (Ghost Ship - Exploration)
    • Accessory 1: Earring DEF 3 MAG +20% (Fat Chocobo)
    • Accessory 2: Earring DEF 3 MAG +20% (Fat Chocobo)
    • Materia Slot 1: MAG +10% (Silver Chest) Maranda Coast - Exploration
    • Materia Slot 2: MAG +10% (Silver Chest) Maranda Coast - Exploration
    • Materia Slot 3: MAG +10% (Silver Chest) Maranda Coast - Exploration
    • Materia Slot 4: MAG +10% (Silver Chest) Maranda Coast - Exploration
    • Esper: Diabolos

This build allows arc to get a very significant amount of MAG (351) for a 5 star unit without TMR allowing his dual black magic skill to wipe the board quite easily. I prefer Diabolos over Ramah since Arc already gets Osmose and this esper unlocks death / biora / drain. On weeks when it is permitted double casting biora in conjunction with a full party bio blaster allows for some fairly spectacular dark damage chains.

Todo is upgrade the black robe to a magi robe, but ive been focusing on arena more than coliseum. Performance wise this arc will 1 shot on turn 1 the Myrmidon on Hanging Garden Pro doing a Firega amplification off a full party wall without debuffs. (PRO > ELT since you can basically stack all bonus heroes and have arc clean up the different stages, I have farmed about 120k trichoid gears using this method).

I will probably get more mileage out of this setup with the exdeath I just got now that he is 6 star with dual black magic, but I have been using this Arc build for awhile so I figured I would share.

[​IMG]

2. TwoMoons

TwoMoons Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive/Orlandeau
    ugh that HP tho.....

3. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Chapeau from Colo will give +12 MAG and +20 MP

4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member Supporter

Get the Magi robe and chapeau in the colosseum you need it.

5. Diego Vargas

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    Not a real factor when you consider cover tanks, and first turn kills. For a 5 star hero I find this is typical, as they dont have the passives or stats of a proper 6 star hero. They are good at 1 thing and vulnerable at another, in this case the build does immense MAG based damage but falls into the paradigm of a mage/glass cannon.

6. Diego Vargas

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    I dont find MP is an issue at all, between dual casting osmose + attack magic and having a bartz for MP refilling I have never run out of mp during a battle.

An extra 20-30 mp isnt going to make or break the build.

7. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    op·ti·mize - make the best or most effective use of (a situation, opportunity, or resource)

your build is the optimized build for you... for you... because it's the best for your situation since you haven't finished Colo... sharing something like this would definitely warrant criticism and scrutiny but for you to oppose every suggestion that would optimize the build further fails the purpose of the thread. And yes, 20-30MP could not make or break build but it could make or break a situation especially if your enemy loves to drain MP like the Antenolla for example.

8. Diego Vargas

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    Well I cited that the Magi Robe was on the todo list in my initial post, however my point was that the difference of 20-30 mp isnt going to materially affect the build I posted.

Since I posted the build I am responding to the critiques provided with my thoughts on said feedback, we can disagree on trading mag for mp or farming the pve arena for minuscule mp upgrades. The purpose of the build was to demonstrate a non TMR 5 star nuker who I was able to use very effectively both in the main story and to farm 120k (now around 150k) event gears where he was the primary damage dealer on a PRO dungeon

You would never take an aoe mage like arc to Antenolla unless you want to wipe turn one, so maybe you could think of a more appropriate example of where 20-30 mp matters in the context of this build and given dual cast + native osmose.