1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Optimized Unit Builds #2: Miyuki

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Jet Stingren, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Welcome back, not sure how you should use Miyuki are we? Well, you're at the right place. As I am gonna share with you a build of Miyulki that utilizes her best features? Wanna know what that is? Well, just read the post silly :p

[​IMG]
    Max 5* Stats: HP: 2185 | MP: 118 | ATK: 100 | DEF: 80 | MAG: 100 | SPR: 83
    Magic Affinity at 5*: Black Magic Level 5

Stats Overview: Miyuki just barely hits 100 of both her ATK & MAG stats which is nice and decent, she lacks any real boosters from level ups but that's okay. I don't see as a make or break deal for her as she can still dish out some helpful damage. Since she has ATK/MAG both at a max of 100 she can use hybrid moves a tad bit better than other units cause the scaling isn't as bad for her, hybrid moves are still very meh in game. But, it's not as bad for her. Miyuki's best specialty is status aliments which she doesn't necessarily need high ATK or MAG to achieve her goal of doing what she needs to do. And with that out the way, take a look at this build for Miyuki.

[​IMG]
    Build 1: Where are all these aliments coming from! (Support)
    Weapon: Sleep Dagger: ATK +22, Adds Sleep to Attacks (30%) (Award: Colosseum: BGN C-5)
    Shield: None (Can't Equip)
    Hat: Red Cap: ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR +5 (Quest: My Shameful Naked Wrist)
    Clothing: Black Belt Gi: ATK +8, DEF +24 (Quest: Catastrophi-Kol)
    Accessory 1: Jeweled Ring: DEF +3, 100% immunity to Paralyze, and Petrify (Quest: Ruin Subduin')
    Accessory 2: Hero's Ring: ATK/MAG +10%, DEF/SPR +3 (Recipe: 30 Trophies Obtained)
    Materia Slot: Silence Blade (Silver Chest: Latius Wood - Exploration)
    Materia Slot: Bio-Blaster (Earth Key: Grandport)
    Materia Slot: Camouflage (Trust: Montana)
    Materia Slot: Drain (Quest: The Sand Hassle)
    Esper Support: Siren
    Best Moves to Use: Any status aliment moves, Mirage, Camouflage

How to use this build?: This is Miyuki at the finest of fine right now when it comes to aliments. The basic idea is to simple lie in wait and inflict the target with a status either as soon as one wore off, or to gain more momentum in a fight it's not about dealing damage here hense why she doesn't have as much emphasis on boosting her offensive stats. I gave her the 1 Hero Ring as she can dent a little more yes, but you cannot rely on pure offense for this build to work. Miyuki naturally learns a move that goes very well with this set and it's called Camouflage which allows her to automatically dodge two attacks for 3 turns. If she's targeted with more than two than the buff goes away, but with the combo that's in mind she won't be targeted that often. With Camouflage from Montana in the back this means that she can be practically invisible to most of the enemy single target attacks and she's just well there as the enemy is getting inflicted by a kind of status time and time again. The reason why I went with Sleep Dagger besides some stronger like Murasame for example is that this fits better for this role. When Miyuki attacks with someone with a Blade Bash for example she's hitting for two statuses at once isn't that pretty neat? With this build she has Sleep, Confuse (Siren), Poison, Paralyze, and Silence that's 6 whole statuses right there. Dang Miyuki, you scary.

You wanna play this kind of Miyuki kinda slow. The reason is you DO not wanna spread all your status aliments at once especially if it's gonna be a long fight cause as the same aliment is repeated the boss will gain a resistance to it. You'd be better off with hitting him with 1 aliment, and using Camouflage/Mirage with some normal attacks than to spam Blade Bash every turn just for a bit more damage. Get 1 aliment at a time for the fight. If the target is asleep, do not use normal attacks with Miyuki as the target will wake up. You can use MAG from Miyuki if you decided to craft that for her but that is all you can do. If no MAG is present then just guard and allow mages to wear the target down for the next for turns.

This Miyuki appreciates mages more so than attacker cause her main status aliment is coming from Miyuki may be sleep more since if she attacks she has a 30% off top, so I would place her around some strong mages to keep her safe 2 at best. I would also slap a tanky unit in there for Miyuki her build means she won't be getting hit as often so with Camouflage, and someone like Cecil/Rain who can jump in front of attacks this means that 2/5 members are protected. Not bad, right?

Well, that's my build on Miyuki I hope you all enjoyed. Leave comments, and likes with any questions. ;]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    VettaMike, dEvotia and Da-mav like this.
  2. Asf

Asf VIP VIP

Wouldnt using drain blade materia dish more dmg with her atk mag stat being the same? Ofcourse she cant use it when sleep is in effect.. but..

3. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    @Asf: It works ye, but the only reason why Drain is there really is for the HP recovery. Both give a 30% recovery so either or is fine.

4. dEvotia

dEvotia Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    @Jet: According to exviuswiki, Miyuki learns Mirage at level 71 (unless it's wrong or something, still levelling Miyuki as my side unit).

Any other recommended armor?

Thanks! Will definitely follow your guide to build her.

5. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Oh, you're right about that! Well, I edited sorry for the mishap. I was reading over kinda fast so I might've missed Mirage as a whole LOL. Anyway, I changed the clothing to Black Belt Gi. Alternatively, you could still wear the Mirage Vest for a little more defense.

6. dEvotia

dEvotia Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Haha. Alright, will use Black Belt Gi on her too then. Thank you for the update!

7. Dazedsmoker

Dazedsmoker New Member

Thank.you I have her in my team
    She was in my first summon

8. Lucied

Lucied Member

Global ID:
    340 016 131
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I noticed that Miyuki and Hayate are incredibly similar, do you think this build would work for Hayate as well? (I have both units)
    The only difference is Hayate has a sleep skill, so I'd replace sleep dagger with Chirijiraden to make use of his sneak attack.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016