1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Optimized Unit Builds #3: Artemios

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Jet Stingren, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Unsure how you wanna build a Artemios? Never fear. I'm here with a build to make full use of Artemios offensive capabilities. Wanna know how it works? Then read the post below silly. As usual, leave comments, and questions here about this build.

[​IMG]
    Max 5* Stats: HP: 2190 | MP: 126 | ATK: 101 | DEF: 82 | MAG: 95 | SPR: 88
    Magic Affinity At 5*: Green/White MAG: Level 3, Black MAG: Level 4

Stats Overview: Artemios has some useful stats, he may be lacking in stat buffs but it's still useful enough for him to chunk down enemies with his attacks which he has a good arsenal of them. Artemios also has huge help from his slayer buffs which is what we will be making full use off. His MAG affinity levels aren't gonna be so important in this build, but I may come to revisit them if we get some more cool stuff to mess around with and maybe it COULD work for Artemios. Anyway, let me show you this build.

[​IMG]
    Build 1: I Know All Your Weaknesses (Physical Attacker)
    Weapon: Killer Bow [Future Release]: ATK +60, Dark Element, Bird/Plant/Insect Killer added to attacks (Trial Award: 1-3 Brachiosaur)
    Shield: None
    Hat: Tiger Mask: ATK +14, DEF +3 (Quest: Hero Mask Task)
    Clothing: Black Belt Gi: ATK +8, DEF +24 (Quest: Catastrophi-Kol)
    Accessory 1: Hyper Wrist: ATK +10 (Recipe: Grandport)
    Accessory: Hyper Wrist: ATK +10 (Recipe: Grandport)
    Materia Slot: ATK +10% (Award: Colosseum BGN D-2)
    Materia Slot: Aquan Killer (Trust: Ollie)
    Materia Slot: Dragon Killer (Trust: Shaka)
    Materia Slot: Stone Killer Trust: King Glott)
    Esper: Ifrit
    Best Moves to Use?: Barrage, Cheap Shot, Scattershot

How to use?: With the devastating build. Artemios is a true force to be reckoned with, as a result. He would the following Slayers after everything is done. Beast, Human, Demon, Bird, Plant, Insect, Aquan, Dragon, and Stone. That's 9 whole slayer effects active at one time on one unit. The only type of enemy he would be missing is Machine due to this Artemios is hitting for weakness on almost everything which as you know helps his damage more. The biggest draw here is him having Barrage, imagine a weakened enemy being hit with this move it's already does reasonable chunks to enemys with high HP. with the proper buffs, and equips. But, with Artemios it's gonna hurt that much more. I know you may be asking, why not Hero Rings? Well, to tell you the truth when I did the math for the boost between Hyper Wrist & Hero Ring they were the exact same in boost both came up to be 111. So, Hyper Wrist is there for a easier equipment option for you.

Killer Bow: The Killer Bow is currently not released at the time of this build posting. But, Barchiosaur (the trial you need to beat) should be coming in a few weeks time so use this to prepare your materia now!

This build takes quite a bit of time to make your best bet to get these slayer effects as materia is either when you're actually trust farming, or when FP is boosted to 50 per friend and you can grind even quicker. Ultimately, the materia slots will take the longest time cause it's completely random if you pull any of those 3 units from the FP gate. But, just be patient with it and you shall be awarded with your better prize.

Artemios would greatly appreciate stat buffs, and debuffs for the set to reach it's peak potential. Fina would be a great help cause she has Cheer for the 40% ATK boost, and Vaan could also be a great slot cause of his Full Break allowing Artemios to get off the highest amount of damage possible. Which can easily chunk and kill bosses immediately.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Jongiks, Ffexviusfan and VettaMike like this.
  2. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    any alternative on the ability slots?

3. Elli27

Elli27 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CoD, ExD, WoL
    Camouflage should be nice, or HP+10%/Def+10%

4. RyedeR

RyedeR Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Vaan, Kefka, Cecil, Artemios, Chizuru
    Will it be ok if i put these on my materia slots?:

1 HP +15%
    1 ATK +10%
    1 Blindna/Cure/Cura/Poisona/Esuna

I want to have him as my back up dps(with chizuru) and backup status/healer(with fina and cecil)

Idk if it is the right way to go...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  5. Lucied

Lucied Member

Global ID:
    340 016 131
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I (painstakingly) got killer bow for Artemios (which is still a work in progress right now). It's fun being a ranged Firion!