1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Optimized Unit Builds #4: Cerius

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Jet Stingren, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Not sure how to build your Cerius? Or need a helping hand on how to start a build for yourself? Never fear, I am here today with a build of my own that you can use in content. As usual, leave comments, and questions in this thread.

[​IMG]
    Max 5* Stats: HP: 2001 | MP: 138 | ATK: 82 | DEF: 90 | MATK: 97 | SPR: 98
    Magic Affinity at 5*: Green Magic Level 8

Stats Overview: Cerius has rather okay stats for units of his type. MAG/SPR are good for him, due to his main class of applying buffs, and debuffs he doesn't have to have high stats across the board. Cerius is really good with buff applying as he's top tier at it he's a godsend for bosses who attack with elemental attacks, and he even has a small amount of buffs of his own with Protect, and Shell. So, as a support unit his stats are okay to more than enough. So, let me show you this build for Cerius.

[​IMG]
    Build 1: Who Says I Can't Use White Magic?! (Support Healer)
    Weapon: Healing Staff: ATK +11, MAG +5, SPR +26, Enable Cura (Shop: Fat Chobobo - Lost Village of Marlo)
    Shield: None (Can't Equip)
    Hat: Mystery Veil: DEF +7, SPR +12 (Award: Colosseum INT S-2)
    Clothing: Sage's Robe: DEF +35, MAG +15, SPR +15 (Award: Colosseum BGN S-2)
    Accessory 1: White Cape: DEF +3, 100% Silence Resist (Chest: Royal Capital Grandshelt)
    Accessory 2: Wall Ring: DEF +3, SPR +3, Protect/Shell when HP is below 10% (Award: Colosseum INT A-3)
    Materia Slot: HP +10% (Trust: Rizer)
    Materia Slot: Sleep (Recipe: Town of Mitra)
    Materia Slot: MP +20%: (Award: 20 Trophies Obtained)
    Materia Slot: HP +10% (Trust: Rizer)
    Esper: Shiva

How to use?: This build is mean't to keep Cerius doing something with MP every single turn of the fight as result he needs ALOT of MP so he will not naturally run out on his own he already has a high amount one of the highest in the game even with his high MP I found myself running out mid battle hense why I gave him a +20% boost instead. Due to him having the Staff of Healing he now has access to Cura alongside another healer in your team this pretty much means you're set to be able to handle most of the content unless the said units get focused to death. Cerius uses alot of MP in fights and has a valuable enough reason to be used if any boss uses elemental attacks. DC for example uses all three of Fire/Ice/Thunder which he will be very helpful there. Cerius has alot of options in buffing with shields, healing your teammates, or buffing your squad with some buffs. So, every turn he has a reason to use MP.

Alternatively, he can wear the Mirage Vest to have access alongside Mirage so he can avoid attacks so he can play support more safely. Cerius may run into a overflow like problem if you don't bring some other units namely 1 who can take his load off being a unit to do 3 roles at once will make him slow down quickly. So, I would take another healer, or supporter so he can have a easier job.

Any other healer would go great with Cerius Fina, or Roselia will allow your team to be almost if not fully healed every single turn allow you to play a bit more reckless, having a buffer unit on your squad like Celes even with her Focus amplifying his heals more since his MAG/SPR is okay but nothing like a good boost to make them even better. As long as you don't be careless with your MP like applying unnecessary shields, or spamming useless status against a boss then you should be fine in this build.

VettaMike and shabaescaba like this.
  2. Ultimastrike

Ultimastrike Member

Leads:
    Cerius
    Tbh, Cerius can be kinda squishy. I understand the MP issue, but I recommend an Esper that learns Osmose to tack on her since with 22 MP Bar-agas she can run out of MP. Even then, Staff of Healing is probably the best she can get as far as abilities since she can take on the support healer role.

To take care of the squishyness, I put Golem on him. Sure, he doesn't sync well but the extra DEF and SPR help a lot.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  3. Ultimastrike

Ultimastrike Member

Leads:
    Cerius
    An idea for Build 2: "Mitigation is Key"

Give her Bar-aras she's missing(Wind, Earth) and throw Siren on her to get extra SPR on heals with nearly the same build.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  4. Pezmerga

Pezmerga Alpha Dolphin Staff Member Moderator Supporter

Global ID:
    153 536 490
    Japan ID:
    450 363 103
    Leads:
    6 Star Gilgamesh / 6 Star Lorraine
    93/90
    Nice guide.
    Cerius is a nice unit. I like having her in my main party for bosses.

i have her equipped with siren right now, but still only 4 star. She is next to awaken though :)

5. Caiustheconcurer

Caiustheconcurer Member

Wait till bar agas and protecga, really finds a spot in my squad for hard content