1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Question on pull rates...

Discussion in 'General' started by All_bran, Sep 23, 2016.

1. All_bran

All_bran Well-Known Member

I found this explanation from an old thread, I'm wondering if it is still true/works this way:
    ----------------
    Here is how the major boost functions. You have a definite rate to drop colored crystals ( 80% for blue, 19% for yellow and 1% for rainbow if I remember it right, you can check it again in old threads ) and they are fixed. In that 80% for blue ones the drop rate for the unit with 3* will be the same, but when a unit has boosted drop rate, then the rate simply increases ( but we don't know how much ). This is also how it works for the yellow and rainbow crystals.
    ----------------
    I am wondering because during this last major boost event, I only did the daily pulls (so what is that, 5 or 6 pulls?), and I pulled a 4* Chiznuts and a 3* Cloud of Darkness. How many "pullable" servants are in the pool when you pull? According to the above, you have a 19% chance of pulling a 4*... but how many different 4* servs are in the pool? 50? So the normal chance to pull a 4* Chiz is (19/100/50)*100 = 0.38%?? Do we know what the "major boosted" rate is?

Can someone please clarify? I don't "get lucky"... So I'm very curious how this works.

2. All_bran

All_bran Well-Known Member

Wow, and I just got a rainbow/5* Lightning!!??

3. jeremyj26

jeremyj26 Well-Known Member Supporter

Pasta, bless you my son.