1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Raid Events: How Do They Work?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jet Stingren, Dec 19, 2016.

1. himura32

himura32 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    CHIZURU
    ahhhhh this x mas is like no playing ff be. lame event (just claim individual reward and stay in 10000 position) and then back to farming lapiz dungeon or maybe tm farming. argh kinda boring banner too. please extend the noctis banner!

2. Nouk

Nouk Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis / Reberta
    Frosh for president! ::VIP::

3. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

FaRFrOmPoOpIn Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    only when riding Panther lily's shoulder in big form lol.

Nouk likes this.
  4. Jvalz

Jvalz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeu or Luneth
    After palying this event for awhile, I just realize that this is just a normal grinding event with different ways of distributing prizes.

I hope we truly get the real raid next week.

FaRFrOmPoOpIn likes this.
  5. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    So it's no way a raid event. A pity :(

6. Do Tu Nguyen

Do Tu Nguyen Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I'm done. 12,000 and got the TM. What would the second boss that comes next week has? Coz I'm stopping this event and going Earth Shire.

From some datamined post a week ago people showed that there'll be a second boss Horrible Snowman or something beside this current one...

7. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

What's everyone's point/rank? I haven't done it much so have a bit over 17k points and am in rank 5400 or something. Wish you could see more than the top 30.

8. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

Global ID:
    i gave up a 12000 there was not much point wasting nrg on it.

9. DarKnight

DarKnight Well-Known Member

So begins 5 hours' sleep cycles for GL player to maximize the orb...

10. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    So first true raid is coming soon?

11. ramon

ramon New Member

Lol i only have physical attcker team,can we bring 1 mage unit from my friend list?? Ty for your help bro..

12. gladefreshner

gladefreshner Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Luneth , Lightning
    can't wait, 1st time seeing a raid event
    really wondering how the whole mechanics works, especially the reward distribution, and what's ifrit coin? we can use it to summon ysholta?

13. uh_tomstar

uh_tomstar Well-Known Member

You can use it like the arena tickets but in coins. Units and items will be the same as arena plus the raid summon units.

14. Vash426

Vash426 VIP VIP Supporter

This is pretty much the Christmas event with two reward pools. Overall ranking and personal achievements. People say they don't like that but I loved that event. It gave a ton individual rewards and even if you don't whale and rank the highest 2 to 3 summon tickets on top of that is nothing to scoff at. After all its not the grind fest this current or past events have been. Play until you get all the individual rewards and place where you like and just work randomly to maintain it. Who cares if you get 2 or 3 summon tickets or one. The last event like this gave out like 3 or 4 summon tickets, tons of metal gigantuars, gear, and materials too. Plus it having its own "energy" source means you can run it 5 times and then move on to leveling, tm farming, and/or story runs. You are free to play what you want and still walk away with nice bonus prizes for simply participating. Its a win win to me.

Not to even mention the free units you can claim and the event exclusive gear which looks rather nice to me. That one armor with the 8 atk plus atk 10% is rather nice and would go perfect on my Olive seeing as I don't have Bravesuit. So she gets the 175% equip bonus to the 8 attack and an additional 10% to her base.... I am happy with that.

15. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

Global ID:
    Actually it is a grind fest, as you have to grind out the Ifrit Coins to be able to use the raid gatcha, Christmas raid was quite shit though, reward tiers for individual should be much broader than giving the most to one individual.

16. God

God Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru, Firion 860A
    It depends on how you wanna play it.
    Casual: take it easy - don't use all orbs, run ADV/PRO with auto and get quite a few individual point rewards, most if not all group rewards and pretty bad ranking rewards. 15-20 minutes daily.
    No refill grinder: 5-hour sleep cycle, clear ELT, same rewards as casual + some more point-based individual & ranking rewards. 1 to 2 hour daily.
    Refill grinder: same as above + decent ranking rewards, unfortunately you spent more lapis than the rewards are worth. Dunno the time spent, I am no whale.

From what I've seen in JP
    - The orbs used to enter raids are not NRG. Like it was aforementioned, it is a separate system which refills one entry every hour.
    > You do NOT need to login more than once every 4-5 hours and it remains possible to farm TM, level up chars with regular NRG.
    - It is a very nice way to get easy rewards. Just push auto on ADV/PRO if you don't wanna waste your time optimizing runs. Bonus: use raid gacha points to pull and get 4/5* base chars, gigantuars...

Peace out.

17. FaRFrOmPoOpIn

Global ID:
    christmas "raid" was NRG based

18. Vash426

Vash426 VIP VIP Supporter

Well not really a grind fest like normal. I have over a 100 energy so burning 13 energy at a time means many runs. However this event is set up as a separate orb thing. It is a grind fest but only 5 battles at a time. Its like running arena each day. Burn 5, wait 5 hours, and start again. You can play normal content and then jump back in it. Yes you have to grind out the coins but its no where near as bad as a mog king event as far as how grindy it is. Lol. This will be a lot easier and the rewards are awesome because you not only grind coins for units and gear but simply by working towards that stuff you get other individual rewards too. So I am looking forward to it.

FaRFrOmPoOpIn likes this.
  19. Sorwen

Sorwen Ascended Member

People are basing way too much on the JP event. We can guess pretty well that we will switch to the orbs instead of NGR, we know we are getting the same units and their gear since we just got the email(was a safe bet anyway), and seems a fair guess that something like the Phys/Mag switching will stay(especially since we got the same during Christmas). However things like difficulty, how much grinding, or any secondary rewards are truly up in the air. You can look at how our Mog King events change compared to JP(more grind less bonus), how we now tend to get less extra lapis/ticket freebies, and how our Gilgamesh got the nice little bonus of the lightning damage.

My only point is some things may not be as written in stone as presented especially since this is only our second raid and Gumi constantly warns us this isn't a direct translation of the JP game. Then there is the fact we have Olive, no Orlandu and Tidus(to name the two biggest), none of the event equipment, and none of the unit upgrades we otherwise would have gotten before this event. We have a better chance of this being much harder and much more grindy because of those things alone.

20. God

God Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru, Firion 860A
    Xmas "raid" was global exclusive, while Ifrit has already been run on JP and I don't think they are changing the code.

Edit: just saw this IG so no more ::salt::::salt::::salt:: ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017