1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Reccomended units for arena

Discussion in 'Guides' started by S3PHIR0TH, Nov 8, 2016.

1. S3PHIR0TH

S3PHIR0TH You need more HP :3 VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Onion Knight | Tidus
    I play JP so not everything may be 100% accurate.

Mages
    #1 - Exdeath. He has dual cast and meteor which makes it easy for him to hit 999 in arena twice per turn, even with a low magic stat.
    #2 - White Knight Noel. Despite not having dualcast and other super powerful spells, he's tanky and has a chance to counter with magic so he can do even more damage. He also has a giant sprite which makes it hard to target the units behind him
    #3 - Arc. Like Exdeath, he has dualcast so he can hit 999 twice but he's really squishy and he may die often.

Physical attackers
    #1 - Noctis. Noctis has powerful attacks and his flask skills are perfect for arena. It casts status ailments/stop which can really screw up the other team, making it easy for you to win.
    #2 - Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh can equip many weapons so he can inflict statuses with them. His "divider" skill has a high multiplier so it can hit 999 damage fairly easily.
    #3 - Luneth. Luneth has a good AoE attack move and innate dual wield which can be useful, especially if you dont have a lot of TMs. To add on, Luneth has innate resists to status ailments which can come in handy if you face an enemy with status weapons or Noctis.
    #4 - Lightning. Lightning has many AoE moves, which are great for AoE chaining to surpass the 999 damage cap.
    #5 - DKC. He may die quickly, but if you can support his heals, he can easily take down the enemy.
    #6 - CoD. She has a great innate man-eater so she can heal high damage, even without OP gear. Give her diablos so she can use darkside for AoE damage if wanted (or use her innate barrage but you may fall asleep waiting for the attack animation to finish)
    #7 - Bartz. He works well with a petrify weapon + gale barrage to petrify the enemy team.

Tanks
    #1 - Cecil. He's like impossible to kill... And he can buff your party and heal
    #2 - White Knight Noel. He can also do damage while tanking.
    #3 - Snow. He can counter with a high rate so he can be putting out damage.
    #3 - Demon rain. He can counter with a high rate so he can be putting out damage.
    #5 - WoL. Give him golem cane + sleep dagger and use bladeblitz for status ailments.

Healers
    #1 - Refia. She can buff, heal ailments, cure, and raise. Refia also has an innate resist to ailments.
    #2 - Santa Roselia. Roselia can counter heal so if you're in a bad situation, she can heal your team even between two enemy turns.
    #3 - Tilth. Tilith has OP buffs and she can AOE cure every single ailment with a heal, which can help.

Support units won't be used too much, as you'll mostly want to run attackers and mages to kill the enemy as quickly as possible. Hope this mini-guide helps!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. TuffHunter

TuffHunter Member Supporter

I thought I read somewhere that dual cast CAN hit for 999 twice...

3. Kira

Kira Active Member Supporter

Leads:
    Elza/Lightning/Luneth
    Hey!.
    I have some questions if you don't mind :)
    1.- I like challenges and I wonder, how intelligent is AI really? Does a great team really impose a great challenge? Or is it so easy that if you have a great team everything will be easy no matter who you encounter?...
    2.- Does it count in any way or form (like ranking higher if your team wins and simply staying the same if it loses. Or just a reward) if your team wins against challengers? Or it just doesn't matter?...
    3.- Players refilling arena points will be the only ones to get ranking tier rewards? Or is it just not worth to spend lapis even for whales?...

Thank you!

4. S3PHIR0TH

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Onion Knight | Tidus
    1. AI is a retard. You won't be facing any challenges unless you face oboi or something.
    2. Your team will gain 10 points and you will lose your win streak if you lose. Win streak gives you some bonus points which are very useful. If you win, of course, you'll get ranked higher. As long as you're above 30k, it's good!
    3. Don't spend lapis. I miss like half of the orbs every day and I still maintain a good 10k ish ranking.

5. S3PHIR0TH

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Onion Knight | Tidus
    OMG that was a typo I'm sorry (#blameautocorrect)

6. TuffHunter

As for ailment spamming, Altema actually ranks Edge as an "A" in Arena. I happen to have one that is leveled. He has +50% damage to humans, can Aoe paralysis or at the very least Magic Shuriken for an automatic 999.

7. Kira

Kira Active Member Supporter

Leads:
    Elza/Lightning/Luneth
    Aww :( I was really expecting some challenge against real teams :) but oh well hehe

and I'm sorry but maybe I didn't explain myself well on the second question. I meant as if you win being an AI, but if AI is that retard I don't think so...

Ok so no lapis hehe I never spent lapis on colosseum so was a little worried...you really calmed me down :)

Thanks so much for the advice!

8. JustinHChrist

JustinHChrist Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Orlandeau, Noctis, Olive
    Glad I got that sunbeam... Too bad I've been selling all my sarais....

9. Jeany1234

Jeany1234 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Setzer
    So is it possible to kill an enemy with five arcs, all dualcasting? (I mean unless there is a CoD that is basically killer for a mage team)
    Sounds pretty easy to me to go in with them all the time...

10. TuffHunter

Yes but if you go 2nd or fail to 1hitko you lose. However replacing 1 arc with cecil helps your chances.

11. Mythe

Mythe Active Member

I'm going to run my main group Luneth, Dkc, Lightning, Refia, Kefka with 100% status immunity to all. Not going to rush out any new toys or tricks before I see how that does, which I suspect will be great.

12. hierotubas

hierotubas Demonic Axolotl VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    2B
    One other reason why exdeath will be good in arena: his LB. AoE ailments with chance to inflict pertify.... Satisfaction.

let's wait till setzer's AoE pertify spam become meta in arena lol

13. Quex

Quex New Member

My current strat is Lenna (To be Refia) for cheer/heals , Ingus as a tanky Bio Blast spammer, Golbez for aoe paralyze (does anyone else use him?) Charlotte for Shellga (Cura on ability equip to help out) and a physical attacker for spiking mages. (My best is Kain, but jump not working means he needs replaced, I just don't have anyone else yet!) Thought about replacing Kain with a magic attacker also, maybe Arc, but he's not leveled yet!

14. G-Dub

G-Dub Active Member Supporter

From what I can tell so far, if you don't have an OP combo with Lightning/Luneth, you probably want to go with a Mage-heavy team to chain aga spells. I am running Cecil, Exdeath, Exdeath, Kefka, CoD.

Turn 1
    Cecil - Focus
    Ex/Ex/Kef: Chain Thundaga (this usually does about 3K damage and kills all low HP units)
    CoD: Barrage (4x 999 attacks cleans up stragglers and takes another chunk out of the remaining tanks etc.)

Turn 2
    Pretty much not necessary

15. TuffHunter

I was excited to use my Edge but.... despite what I initially hoped his Magic Shuriken damage is actually cut to about 1/3 or 30% in Arena. I forgot that there is a clause (somewhere) that all damage dealt is not only capped at 999 but is 1/3 of normal as well.

Edit: Found it here! http://brave-exvius.com/threads/guide-how-pvp-arena-works-what-is-recommended.4773/
    "Tho, damage cap can be broken by doing chains. Also, your units only do 30% of the normal damage they would usually do."

16. Revenge

Revenge Dark Messenger VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru
    With the following team, if the turn is for me, i win in that same turn.
    [​IMG]

The only issue is if the others start first and kill's one of the Edgar's. But that does not happen normally.

17. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member Supporter

Did Edgar just raised his middle finger?

18. Revenge

Revenge Dark Messenger VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru
    It seems so lol

Ian likes this.
  19. Vash86

Vash86 New Member

Dark Fina is unstoppable!! With a both black dual cast and the move that gives status ailments to everyone (90% petrify!!!), she is a beast!! Double ultima is guaranteed 2000 damage!!

20. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Setzer
    Whoa, necro-posters are back!