1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Refia Mags pots

Discussion in 'General' started by Tyrus, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Tyrus

Tyrus Member

Will refia increase her healing if I increase her mags stats?

2. Moriarty

Moriarty Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    A little healing is 1 part magic and 5 parts spr so it doesnt effect it as much as spr would but shes pretty future proof unless u have tillith so might as well max her out

3. Tyrus

Tyrus Member

Hmm.. so basically spr pots is most suitable than mags. Refia is my best healer so far

4. Maverickbp

Maverickbp Active Member

Ya but if you have mag maxed on your mage already then give them to refia as while small she still does benefit from them. I've maxed my refia with both spr and mag pots. Plus I'm farming Ultima to give refia something to do in the arena when she doesn't need to heal/revive/Esuna/etc and the extra mag will help there.

Ian likes this.
  5. Abutre

Abutre Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis/Lightning
    I maxed my Mag/Hybrid dps then Refia, does help a bit.
    Maverick mind that Refia can't cast black magic, best bet would be to grab Holy but it's ST and pretty much sucks.

Leinx likes this.
  6. Moriarty

Moriarty Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    I just stick her with bio blaster for some extra psn dmg

7. Skal

Skal Well-Known Member

My Refia loves Noctis TM in the Arena. Even with her wimpy Magic stats (did not pot her up till now), thanks to dual cast and the innate power of Alterna she does a shitload of damage

8. Leinx

Leinx Well-Known Member Supporter

Refia cant equip ultima or any black magic skill

9. Turk

Turk Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Leinx is correct that Refia cannot equip black magic, but she can still use black magic in one of two ways: Give her equipment that grants the use of black magic (fire rod, ring of lucii, etc.) or pair her with an esper that has black magic nodes unlocked. This is less than ideal obviously since you really want to pair her with carbuncle and equipment that maximizes SPR, but it could have niche uses such as the arena.

There are also some ability materia that do hybrid damage or straight magic damage that Refia can equip, the most common being Carrie's TMR Sunbeam.

Leinx likes this.
  10. Maverickbp

Maverickbp Active Member

Well sob. I was busy with the baby and needed to switch out 2 ppl in my TM party so figured why not do Ultima since I wanted to throw something on cecil and refia. Didn't even bother to check to see if she could use it lol. Damn't.

11. Maverickbp

Maverickbp Active Member

Eh it's almost finished anyways. I'll find a use for it eventually.

12. Stephane

Stephane Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    I already max magic on both Refia and my 2 Exdeaths, don't know who'next to give? My 3rd Exdeath, COD or Tilith ?

13. Skullkid

Skullkid Member

i maxed my exdeath with mag pot so ive been giving them to my refia and her SPR is at 460 without tms but im bout to finish magistral crest and mentality and goddess bow so i cant wait...sorry for all the info, just excited