1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Some people get 5 Star Crystals for no reason

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Faraz Arshad, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Faraz Arshad

Faraz Arshad Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth/White Knight Noel/Delita
    I started this game a month or so after launch & my brother started it a week after, My brother was the first one outta my friends & me who got a 5 Star Base Crystal way back when Lightning Launched & much to my amazement he got Lightning while my only physical was Bartz but that didn't tick me off much then a month or so ago he got 2 Rainbows back to back in 2 Days & got a Gilgamesh/Bartz a few days later I got my first 5 Star Base Crystal during the Dark Destroyers event & I thought it was gonna be a troll but in the end it was a Luneth I was so happy and in a way showed my bro a middle finger, Now a few days ago he got his 4th Rainbow & it was another Lightning to which he replied (I didn't need her, What a waste of a Rainbow) which he also said when he got a Bartz but that didn't matter much & Today while I was away from home he showed up in my friends list with a Noctis I tried to convince myself that this can't be why him? Why is it always him

I have been doing the 250 Summons ever since it came out while he stopped summoning because his Lapis was finished at one point, Don't you think its kind of unfair that he got 5 while I got only 1 Rainbow even though I summoned at least 50+ Times than him. In the end he's my brother and I love him in real life but I absolutely hate him in game

Sorry if I wasted your time
    Luneth-6.png

Bartz-6.png Gilgamesh-6.png Lightning-6.png Lightning-6.png Noctis-6.png

2. Kenjiro

Kenjiro Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    386 040 264
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    You're right mate, only you and me should get rainbows while everybody else should settle for blues ::VIP::::VIP::::VIP::

Thoraeon and Sparkle like this.
  3. Stephane

Stephane Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    The hate is strong in this case, just knock him down and steal his account, it's your right, shouldn't let him troll you like that ::sarcasm::

4. Faraz Arshad

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lol, I'd settle for Blues as long as its a not a 4 Star Max Rarity Unit (Except Clyne, I love him)

5. Faraz Arshad

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nah I'm not that desperate or angry I just want the case to be a bit fair in my favour

Stephane likes this.
  6. Khidir

Khidir Active Member

Ask him to show you how to do the new holiday event, while he's fighting give him a Wet Willy and put his units in auto attacks while he recovers, this will give frostor and friends enough time to finish him off after your Wet Willy debuff.

If you he manages to resist the Wet Willy, alternate between Purple Nurple and Charlie.

Ziggis likes this.
  7. ObliviousFool

ObliviousFool Member

RNG is RNG. That is just the way it is. You might have a month where you get zero then a week where you get three. You can only hope for the best. I could not get a rainbow to save my life for months then just got two in the last 10 days, lightning and white knight noel.

8. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

What is the "base 5*" , i will be more happy if this game only have base 4* as maxed unit.

9. Rayleigh

Rayleigh Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru and Firion
    Lol. Maybe some gaming companies has obtained some info from your Facebook or whatever account; or from location knows you are living in a good neighbourhood; or simply a nationality that got a high capital per head etc. Then they randomised your luck accordingly so u will pull accordingly. Objective is to let you bet till you lose till your threshold amount before u get what u want. >•<

10. Syuri

Syuri Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe you should let your brother do the pull/summon for you.. :D

Outlaw, SvAsp, Khidir and 1 other person like this.
  11. SuRfY

SuRfY CEO of Gumi VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru with maxed Phantom Blade
    Install 3rd party software hacks into his phone, tell him that you are sorry and you wanna help him become stronger. Then report him and get him banned, complete with screenshots of the hacking.

LOL

12. Daxe

Daxe Well-Known Member

This game is so unfair, i saw in this forum and in youtube people getting 2 noctis in a 10+1 pull, or with the daily, and others with 3 or more noctis while there are other people wasting more than 20k lapis for nothing ( i speak about noctis cause it is the actual banner but it is the same in all banners)

13. Faraz Arshad

Global ID:
    Leads:
    His luck only works on himself not others, My friend made that mistake & was rewarded handsomely *Sarcasm

14. Faraz Arshad

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I forgot to update this: My Brother got Dark Fina too in the first 5 Minutes of her release his Summons were
    250 Summon=Clyne
    Ticket=(Golden Crystal)Luka
    Ticket=(Blue turned to Gold & then Rainbow)Dark Fina

And I got a White Knight Noel too, My friend opened my 250 Summon & it was a Golden Crystal that turned into a Rainbow

15. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Holy , ur brother must be followed by luck god , he got both dfina vs luka just in 3 pull.

16. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Well-Known Member

Well if it helps... a friend of mine who plays this game got the characters I wanted, Noctis and Lightning.... and I ended up getting the characters that he wanted, Elza and Dark Fina... in the end RNG is gonna even out...

17. HazardSephiroth

HazardSephiroth Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath
    In this game i only want cyan because i liked and i tm him without trust moogle and grinding because the game love me and i only pull him in 300+ summon , im very happy right now ::happy::::sarcasm::

18. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Administrator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    Then you accidentally get Orlandu and laugh at all his trash. Or you have a hot and amazing girlfriend while he doesn't. Luck balances itself in many ways. Beware.
    RNG is RNG, it can turn 180 degrees in a second.

19. MPM1

MPM1 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    The Prince and The Old Man
    I have 4 rainbows myself, but I understand how you feel.

My son is playing angry bird epic, and it has summon meter, when it's full you're guaranteed one of the best equipment. Basically I hope our summon gate is like that, has a meter that guarantee rainbow every 30 pulls for example (rainbow here doesn't necessarily mean a base 5*), it can even have a lower cap, 10 pulls minimum to have a chance to get a rainbow. Then whenever you get a rainbow, the summon meter reset.

They'll never implement this, but one can fantasize, right? (note I don't even write: one can hope / try)

When BF had that pull 10 guaranteed featured unit, I always puledl 10, later they changed it to 20, and with lapis in BF was not as generous as here, spending was the only way to keep up with it, but I gladly spent. Not this one....yes I've bought some, but I am very very careful about it.

Why all these fuss? Because RNG doesn't even itself out, like any distribution, it follows a bell curve, when the average player has 10 rainbows, some lucky guys could have 20+, and on the other end on the spectrum some still couldn't have it (or if that's too mean, then 1). Summon meter has the power to cut these tails, and make the distribution between 5 and 15 for example. It rewards people who spend, people who plan their lapis use (which are usually core players), and reduces the likelihood of a rage quit.

20. Faraz Arshad

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah, I'm currently saving Tickets up for him just so I can get him & rub it in my brothers face