1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Suggestions for 5th Character

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Narev, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Narev

Narev Member

So my current team is...
    Cecil 5*
    Chizuru 4*
    Luka 4* (Currently waiting on Brilliant Rays to awaken)
    Exdeath 5*

I have Krile in the waiting spot cause 4* Luka kinda blows... I was thinking Maybe Bartz in 5th spot? I'd like someone with steal, but so far I can't find any stealers worth putting in. I'd like Dark Fina for a second black damager... Any thoughts?

2. Bùi Kiên Trung

Bùi Kiên Trung Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    1 DF would be ideal since you can maximize the use of Focus. But easier said than done, right :) ? Personally I would not care about Steal ( you can craft it if you want ), and choose Bartz as the 5th unit in the team, as long as you don't have any other notable choices out there

3. Narev

Narev Member

I was also starting to level Agrias, I just thought of Bartz as kind of a Jack of all trades, the typical fantasy party being tank, fighter, healer, mage, and thief... But listing all ~80 of my other available units would take too long.

4. spada

spada Arena Runner-Up Arena Runner-Up Supporter

Level Agrias too, you'll definitely need a decent full breaker for events

5. Narev

Narev Member

Your team is the one I'd like to have someday...
    I can't seem to get Brilliant rays anywhere. I need 8 more to awaken Luka, and the wiki says to get them from the vortex of awakening pro, but after like 10 of those I've gotten 0 BRs. Anywhere else I can get them?

Also, this may be a dumb question, but I'm at a loss as to how Esper levelling works.

6. spada

You can buy them in the upcoming FF0 event.
    Esper levelling works like this, you enter the Esper option, pick one, choose enhance and then feed it magicites or megacites to level them, though they have a better affinity on magicites of specific color (Blue for Siren, Red for Ifrit, etc). Each time they level up, you get SP points. You use them in the train option to activate stat boosts, abilities, etc. Once you max them to level 30, you can then head back to where you got the Esper and fight a new stage to have them rank up. Then it's pretty much a repeat of the procedure with a larger grid and up to level 40

Hope this helps and i explained it well, english isn't my first language ^_^

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  7. spada

And here https://exviuswiki.com/Espers
    This should help you see how best to enhance the Espers you've collected

8. Sasza

Sasza Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    The very first important advice is: finished the story line. At that point you'll have a lot of awakening mats up to 5* (maybe besides sacred crystals).

spada likes this.
  9. spada

That's true. And chamber of awakening int for sacred crystals and pro for holy crystals

10. MPM1

MPM1 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Bartz seems a logical answer, but we don't know what else you have. Do you have that DFina?
    Agrias is situational

11. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Boss fight team : agrias coz he have fb.
    Arena team : dfina coz she is the best mage with many elements magic and many useful abilities.
    About bartz. I maxed him when my chiz haven't have her 6*. But now he don't have a slot in my team. You can use him as a support (i have my cod and she more useful than bartz) and hybrid dmg dealer.

12. Narev

Narev Member

After many awakenings and some money spent (like 3 11s) I got garbage. No Dfina, no Noctis. I actually had the crystals to get ace on that one time offer. I bought something else first, scrolled up to get him, and it was gone. I guess they really mean one time offer. I'm not all that happy with Cecil either. Getting a little disillusioned with the game for that reason. I've at least awakened Exdeath and Luka to 6*. I'm currently crapping around with Dangerous Ariana in my 5th spot just because. Anyone else think her being on the freaking icon is too much? Trying to get Litrocks for Agrias' awakening.

13. Nasty Mikk

Nasty Mikk Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis, Olive, Majin Fina, Lightning
    Bartz is quite nice, but at 6* the skills to be effective enough he needs TM gears , yeah Agrias when she unlocks her 6* she will be very nice, and yeah for fullbreak level her up, btw get Luka to 6* one of top tier Healers in Global, i think you have quite solid team.

14. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Kosi mazaki VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru waifu
    If you want full breaker, you have one option really now - Rain. He just got his 6* awakening and he is awesome free character as a support! He is cheap to awaken and easy to level.