1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Summary of FAQ (buff, debuff, TM, Materia, Etc)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by yuyu, Jan 5, 2017.

  1. yuyu

    yuyu Active Member Supporter

    Messages:
    105
    Likes Received:
    32
    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2016
    Global ID:
    189729995
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    Rank:
    51
    Dear friend, since I've got nothing to do beside TM farming, i try to do summary of FAQ I've encounter in this forum. nothing new, and maybe trivial for some but it seems many of our forum member still ask it, and for some, wiki mechanic just to complicated. so I'll Try to explain it as simple as possible. may be my writing still random but I'll update it from time to time so here we goes and please Correct me if I'm wrong.

    PS : this not solely my creation, many of thing i write i found in this forum. tribute to who find it first

    ~~~~~Buff/Debuf/ Elemental Buff FAQ~~~~~

    FAQ : It is Stack??
    Answer : NO it doesn't Stack, Higher replace the lower one, so in you cast cheer then you cast embolden, the att/deff you got is 45% not 85% (respectively cheer 40%, embolden 45%). in short embolden replace cheer. it happen to debuff also, if you cast full break then cast ravaging blow, the end debuf you will get is 30% spr/mag and 50% def/Atk debuf. same go as elemental buff/ debuff.

    FAQ : So if they don't stack, it is useless to buff elemental then buff SPR??


    Answer : NO, Please treat Elemental Buff/ Debuff as different things. Elemental Buff/Debuff stack with ordinary buff/debuff. so if say you cast focus, then omniveil. in the end you will get 40% increase in general SPR+30% SPR/Def resist if strike by elemental damage. but if you damage is non elemental you will only get 40% resist from focus.

    It Happen to with auto cast buff from equipment, it won't stack, if you cast active ability with higher % it simply Replace it.
    Note : Apparently Disease count as status ailment so it does stack with debuff, giving you extra 10% reduction in all stat.
    TM FAQ
    Not All TM But some TM I find interesting and lot of question throw about it​


    ~~~~~~TM Stack~~~~~~

    FAQ : Ok I'm blessed with a lot of TM, Mataria, ACC, because I spend all my time farming it. so can i use 4 of the to make my unit have nuclear capability?
    Answer : hmm May be yes may be no, to make it easy, every passive % increase stat, killer, boost, in game apparently stack if they come from different tools (innate stack with materia stack with acc stack with ETC), but not all stack by itself except if it UN-conditional. I.E blade & body will stack with Blade mastery, but blade mastery won't stack by itself so it useless equip 4 of it. in other hand seal of destruction stack with itself, so you can equip 4 of it. the only known % conditional increased Stat TM that Stack by itself are L&A from ignus, please confirm if there's any more, i only read so can prove for sure


    ~~~~ Dual Wield~~~~

    FAQ : Beside from add 1 weapon what else it can do
    Answer : Well I must say a Lot of it lets review

    1. Adding extra Att for physical Dmg :
    for exampel COD Att 1x but with DW it will Att 2x. but not with full force, insteat her 1st Att will be her total Att beside weapon + Weapon 1 and her 2nd Att will be her total Att beside weapon + Weapon 2, in short if your COD has 100 atk beside weapon then, you equip it with 100 atk weapon and 50 atk weapon, she will Att with 200+150 Atk not 2x250 atk, but still it crazy it just you have 1 more player. and better of it it to apply to all skill that have physical element, including hybrid, it will att 2x. sadly it will not work with magic or ability/skill that pure magic. so you can't cast for example, 2x tundaga or your hyperdrive will not cast 2x. just for physical.

    2. increasing your status ailment % :
    I just read it today, but seems DW increase chance ailment from equipment. so for example, again COD have thorn mace & Golem staff, it have 70% chance of poisoning and 30% Chance petrify. Since DW will make Ailment & Elemental applied for both hand. it will increase it when strike, so if you strike something with 2X 70% Poison you will get 30%*30% chance NOT to pison or =9% not poison enemy. that 91% chance of poisoning. plus in 2x30% petrify chance you will get 70% X 70% NOT to peterfy or 49%. its 51% chance to petrify.

    Please Note : Treat DW as 1 single att as a whole, ailment will be applied in 1st Att/hit/slash regardless the animation. in animation you will see in this case COD will strike 2x (10 if lightning), but the ailment/s will only be applied when the first strike hits enemy (in this case poison & petrify will be applied). regardless how many hit they will make (it goes with twin lance/aurora scarf) even when you att 4X (20 for lightning). Ailment will be placed in 1st strike

    This also what a lot people see when they miss an attack with DW. since game treat DW as 1 Whole att But animation Divided it. when your 1st strike miss opponent, the rest will miss too

    3. Elemental/killer Carrier :
    DW will bring/fuse elemental from 1 weapon to another. so if you bring flame lance (fire) and murasame (neutral). your att will be fire base (that's why you can hurt daemon chimera, when you wielding elemental weapon, even if just one of it). because once again treat DW as 1 Att but divided to animation. these go with killer effect, so if you bring death bringer (man eater, dark) with flame lance. all your att will be dark & fire base with 50% human killer.

    ~~~~~ Dual Cast~~~~~


    FAQ : So apparently i can dual-cast everything hurayyy
    Answer : Sorry seems that not the scenario with this Materia. Dual cast only can cast magic (it show wit that red mark in your skill list), it can't cast ability, sadly some of best move in game is ability ie. kefka hyperdrive. so mainly it use among healer, because mainly their move are magic. but mage can also benefit from it says.. dual cast ultima

    ~~~~~TM Farming (Wich one to farm)~~~~~

    FAQ : Hm.. So Apparently my girlfriend dump me, so i have all the time in the world, Which TM Should Farm First??
    In the end of the day it depend on your time & Team but if you insist, here we go

    The Easiest answer for this question should be Dual Wield, no other TM even can compare whit niche that DW give, but since zidane more elusive than say luneth... so here we go..

    if you have limited Resource & Time AKA F2P with full time job, you will need TM that fit as many as possible with character out there. in general TM : Materia>ACC>Weapons>Cast ability because everyone can equip materia, for except garland for now

    You have to grind TM that grant additional attack first (DW, DC), if you have it, then concentrate in TM that gave XX% of stat, Then you can go to weapons, and for weapon, try to farm the best UN-elemental weapon from the lowest rarity possible, giving the best % conditional stat boost as high as possible and can be equipped to as many unit as possible ,(sakurafubuki, save the queen, is the best example, because many % Stat boot that needed katana/great sword to work).
    Why? with elemental you get that one time your enemy get 100% resistance to your elemental weapon, then your done, your weapon become useless. Logically 3* will come more Often than 5* so when you farm you can get those same unit that you can fuse or farm in the same time.

    from forum i found out this TM that very Favorable, i don't know for sure why. but This i think commonly use, because unit is commonly get, for some, hehehe.
    DW>DC>B Mastery>L&A>Sakurafubuki>Seal of destruction>Excalibur>Bracer>Power of Creation

    ~~~~~Arena~~~~~
    FAQ : Say I need Those Pot & 100 Streak, what team composition is the best?? I don't have good unit sadly

    Hmm hard question, from forum, if say you want the best of the best, i must say 5 noctis or 5 lightning. why because they hard hitting creature with option to heal a team. but seem this not going to answer any question. soooo

    from experience, yes the best team in arena is DPS, but they harder to build, lets say compared from mage team. so if you have low luck, low budget, limited time and lazy person (this me), we just have to resource to mage team. why?
    1. Element chain (chain 5 tundaga even if someone have innate resistant, it can cap 1586 dmg in the end), and end the fight in one turn
    2. Player habbit (most of player, do not consider SPR exist unless for their healer), you can see 500~600 def cecil/WKN/WoL but only have 200<SPR... see most player don't in to defending magic
    3. easier to build, earing, 10% mag, is relatively easy to get than say 20% atk
    4. Innate dual cast/BM is easily available in current game, compared to Innate DW

    so best team for budget person i must say 3-5 Exdeath, below that any mage that have same elemental -ga spell. ex become the best in budget arena because, dual cast meteor + killer effect. even UN-well equipped exd can cap 300+mag + ignore defense meteor + killer effect= 999 cap, not counting chain.
    is debatable, because if you go turn 2 , even 2 hit all can pulverize all your team, but the idea is not survive but to kill. you don't want to last 3 turn, you want to kill all in 1 turn, because ai is retard, is achievable, my mage team when arena came out, kefka, tellah, exd,exd,cecil, can wipe almost every team in turn 2. but often killed to, it just matter of RNG playing nice or not.
    (and hoping BM not banned, if so, resort to Colosseum instead) :)

    Updated 09/01/2017
    to be continued if i find something frequently asked.. feel free to post a reply or correct me
     
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. yuyu

    yuyu Active Member Supporter

    Messages:
    105
    Likes Received:
    32
    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2016
    Global ID:
    189729995
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    Rank:
    51
    Working to learn that BB code, Please bear with me.. i'm not that smart TT
     
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. Sapphire

    Sapphire Well-Known Member Supporter

    Messages:
    257
    Likes Received:
    712
    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2016
    Global ID:
    853983542
    Japan ID:
    062868804
    Leads:
    Ling, Seven, Tilith, Light, Rikku, etc
    Rank:
    43
    Use this code (just not the words "Code"):
    Code:
    [spoiler]put your spoiler here[/spoiler]
     
    Jose likes this.
  4. yuyu

    yuyu Active Member Supporter

    Messages:
    105
    Likes Received:
    32
    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2016
    Global ID:
    189729995
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    Rank:
    51

    ok thank you, ill try after my lunch..
     
    Sapphire likes this.
  5. Jose

    Jose Ascended Member Supporter

    Messages:
    1,390
    Likes Received:
    1,469
    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2016
    Global ID:
    704096037
    Japan ID:
    162169807
    Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    Thread has potential if updated regularly. Looking forward to your future work & thank you for your work.
     
  6. yuyu

    yuyu Active Member Supporter

    Messages:
    105
    Likes Received:
    32
    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2016
    Global ID:
    189729995
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    Rank:
    51
    @Jose thanks for pinned my thread.. ill try to keep update regularly
     
    Sapphire and Jose like this.
  7. Atlas

    Atlas Member

    Messages:
    34
    Likes Received:
    5
    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2017
    Global ID:
    146511851
    Leads:
    Warrior of Light
    Rank:
    30
    I very much enjoy this, definitely filled in a few blanks that I had around in my head. This is truly amazing, and please keep updating this. xD Now, all that's left to do is to figure out the most usedmethod for TMR Farming.
     
  8. yuyu

    yuyu Active Member Supporter

    Messages:
    105
    Likes Received:
    32
    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2016
    Global ID:
    189729995
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    Rank:
    51
    I have something to write actualy, but Im currently moving to another island in my country so kinda busy here, Ill update ASAP if I have Time
     
    Jose likes this.
  9. Jose

    Jose Ascended Member Supporter

    Messages:
    1,390
    Likes Received:
    1,469
    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2016
    Global ID:
    704096037
    Japan ID:
    162169807
    Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    Take your time. Slow and steady wins the race ;P

    Glad to see that you're still working on this btw, so, thank you again.
     

Share This Page