1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Team Build Suggestions | New Player

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by elmatus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. elmatus

elmatus Member

Hey folks,

I'm new to the game, and I was wondering if you could give me some insight on which units I should focus on leveling for the time being.

I've progress in the story as far as Veritas of the Heavens in Amdel. I can survive against him well enough, but I'm not dealing nearly enough damage to take him down. It just ends up being a slow grind until I eventually just run out of resources.

That said, here are the units I have available right now, as well as my current thinking with limited experience and time spent looking at rankings and stuff:

5star: Rain, Cecil, Chizuru
    4star: WoL, Bartz, Refia, Santa Roselia, Snow, Lasswell, Faris
    3star: Arc, Terra, Firion, Vaan, Kuja, Cerius, Charlotte
    2star: Fina and a bunch of scrubs from friend pt pulls :p

I'm currently running Cecil, Chizuru, Refia, WoL/Bartz, and Arc as my main party. I only pulled Arc a couple days ago, so he's a fair bit behind the rest. I unfortunately neglected Kuja and Terra, both of whom I've had for quite some time. Will Arc be enough to shore my magic deficiency for the time being, or should I spend time on someone like Terra as well?

Also, if I'm completely out to lunch on any of this, please tell me. I'm F2P, so I'd rather not be wasting time on relatively weak units.

Cheers.

2. Cheadle

Cheadle Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    I personally would get Cecil, Chiz, Refia, Bartz to 6* first if you plan on keeping those units. You won't have any problems clearing content once those units are 6*.

Other folks here will tell you to reroll for a 5*base or 2. That is entirely up to you. I started with a waaaay worse team and never rerolled.

3. D.D.Baracus

D.D.Baracus Member

Global ID:
    Arc is more than fine for now. If you're sticking with this team I'd keep Cecil, Chiz, Refia, Arc and use Bartz/WoL as preference.

4. Dyingatheist

Dyingatheist Well-Known Member

I would go with Cecil, Refia, WoL (breaker), Chizuru and Arc/Bartz. WoL can be replaced with Rain when his 6* comes out. Arc can be replaced by a better physical DPS or exdeath/dark fina.

Focus on getting Chizuru and Refia to 6* first. Things will be a lot easier when you have the damage potential and revives to get you through content. The upcoming event will be perfect for you to get 6* awakening mats so prepare for that

elmatus likes this.
  5. elmatus

elmatus Member

I figured Refia, Cecil, and Chiruzu were my best bet.

Should I focus more on Bartz or WoL? I read something about WoL's upcoming 6star abilities being very good. I think mostly as a breaker, which I'm assuming is probably fairly important...?

I'm not really interested in banking on other units I may get in future pulls. That sounds like a crapshoot to me. :)

6. Cheadle

Cheadle Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Between WoL and bartz? It's really up to you. WoL will get his 6* upgrade in the future. I still use my Bartz in arena. WoL and Bartz will both help you through the current content. I used WoL all the way up until Antenolla (which is the 2nd to last trial currently).