1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

The Healers and Saviors Unit Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SummonerBWM, Dec 1, 2016.

Favorite Healing Unit?

1. Refia

64 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. Tilith

17 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Fina

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Garnet

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Rosa

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Krile

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Lenna

8 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. Roselia

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  9. White Witch Fina

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  10. Other

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    HealerPicture.jpg
    I've decided to start creating guides on units and their roles so that these guides can help veterans and new players know what they can aim, how to know how which unit works well with which unit, and to help new players who may not get the strong units to know which friend summon units are good until they get better ones. For my first guide, I want to talk about my favorite role, the healers. These will be the top units and the honorable mentions: starting with the best units TM-wise and then the best units Non-TM wise.

Healer Units
    Protect them and you'll never fail. They are the ones who will keep you alive, no matter what. They will recover your HP and can remove status ailments. Some can even revive you or even buff your team. Some can even recover your team's MP as well. Healer's main source of healing is from their SPR, which boosts their healing and also give them magic defense. Healers should also aim to have some HP. Since healers are known to have low DEF, you can also add some to take less physical attacks as well. Also, MAKE GOOD NOTE OF THE DUALCAST TM ability, which you can grab from Ludmille. This allows them to doublecast their green and white magic spells.

Weapons: In term of TMS, the Magi Staff (Lenna's TM) has the most SPR of them all. The DreamWaker (Ovelia's TM) is also good since it will give your healer some MP. The Golden Staff is the best Non-TM staff a healer can grab for healing, but the Staff of Wrath from the Easter Seeker Event is real good because it provides your healer some DEF. You may also buy the Healing Staff from the Fat Chocobo as well in the Lost Village of Marlo because it provides a unit the Cura ability.

Armors & Hats: When it comes to hats, you would actually want to aim for nothing but DEF and SPR. The Cat Hat (Black Cat Lid's TM) is pretty neat since it gives a Silence resistance to your healer as well as some MP and DEF. However, the best in term of DEF and SPR would be the Crown of Justice, which you can craft during the Easter Seekers Event and you can craft multiples. The Soul Crown from the Mana Mystery Event is good because it gives your healer 5% element resistance across the board. If you do not have much, then win the Chapeau Hat from the Colisseum.

Accessories: Arsha's Talisman, Magical Eggs, Defender's Bracer, Soluna Band, and a Soluna Ring are good for their healing and also staying alive.

Top TM Healers:

#1: Refia
    [​IMG]

Give Refia a Dualcast TM and she will make sure you won't lose a battle and to meet a chocobo! Refia is powerful due to the fact her passive, Kazus Pendant, makes her resistant to petrify, confuse, paralyze and silence. She can even use Embolden to boost ATK and DEF by 45% for 5 turns, making her suitable for melee teams. What is treasured by her is her Full-Life skill, being able to revive someone back to full health.

TM: Mentality is pretty great. More SPR and more MP to continue casting more heals. Grab as fast as you can!

Pros: Resistant to silence, paralyze, confuse and petrify.
    Full Life.
    Embolden buff to ATK and DEF for team.
    Curaja, Esuna and Dispel.
    Can remove stone; her LB removes all status ailments.

Cons: Cannot remove disease unless done with LB.

Esper Synergy: Carbuncle

Unit Synergy: Lightning, Luneth, Noctis, Luka, Ling, Ramza, Cecil, Charlotte, Cloud of Darkness, Tilith, Snow, Gilgamesh, Orlandeau, Dark Knight Cecil, Minfilia, Marie, Olive, Fryevia, Rain, Lasswell, White Knight Noel, Chizuru, Queen, Randi, Elza, Demon Rain, Soleil, Cerius

#2: Y'Shtola
    [​IMG]

She carries her own dualcast, meaning she is able to heal more right off the bat! This kitty can also use her Exclusive Materia, Divine Seal, to boost her SPR by 100%! Y'Shtola can even use Benediction to recover an ally's full to the max! She can even keep herself out of harm's way through Shroud of Saints, making her 50% less likely to be attacked while recovering her MP: an awesome passive.

TM: Boost DEF by 20% when using a staff and 20% SPR when wearing a robe. Healers need both, so definitely grab. Also, it can stack as well, so for those who took advantage of the Ifrit Raid and obtained more than 1 Y'shtolas, you are well on your way!

Pros: Exclusive Equipments boost her HP and MP greatly!
    Shroud of Saints gives MP recovery and 50% less likely of being ST targeted.
    Innate dualcast, Presence of the Mind.
    LB is an AOE damage mitigation for the whole party!
    Benediction brings a unit back to full HP.
    Can Raise.

Cons: Raise inferior to Full Raise.
    No Stat passives.

Esper Synergy: Carbuncle, Shiva, Ramuh

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Krile, Cecil, Charlotte, Dark Fina, Emperor, Ramza, Bartz, Minfilia, Soleil, Ling, White Knight Noel, Rain, Orlandeau, Luka, Cerius

#3: Luka
    [​IMG]

Let this maiden pray for you. Luka is a powerful healer since her Priestess' Miracle is a Curaja + Esuna combined together. Even her Rejuvenate is a Curaja-type Regen and her Deep BLue is very good to keep your team tanky with 45% in DEF and SPR for 5 turns.

TM: Gives a 20% Water Resistance and some DEF and SPR. The Water REsistance is situational, but is helpful in trials such as the Gilgamesh and Beasts of the Dark Trial.

Pros: Aqua Refresh: Recovering her own HP and MP.
    Priestess' Miracle a Curaja+Esuna as one.
    Strong Regen skill with Rejuvenate.
    Water Barrier good against enemies using Water attacks.
    Raise and can remove both petrify and disease.
    Her heals are abilities, meaning silence will not slow her down.

Cons: Since most of her magic are abilities, dualcast will not be good for her.
    Raise is inferior to Full-Life.

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Refia, Y'shtola, Rain, Minfilia, Tilith, Marie, Cerius, Cecil, Charlotte, White Knight Noel, Soleil, Cloud of Darkness, Ramza, Ling

#4: Santa Roselia
    [​IMG]

She will make your team feel jolly no matter what season it is! She can knock her SPR up very high, especially when she uses Healer's Resolve in exchange for her ATK. If she gets hit, she counters with a heal. She can even build up her LB gauge and can use ENtrust to give it away to someone else.

TM: Very lovely. HP, MP AND some SPR. If you were able to get your hands on her, grab her TM.

Pros: Can counter with heals.
    Can build her LB gauge and gain immunity to paralyze and petrify through Heart of Conviction with more SPR.
    Can remove stone and disease.
    Can Entrust.
    25% Ice Resistance.

Cons: Counter heals are random and mostly selfish heals.
    Unable to revive units.

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Cecil, Charlotte, White Knight Noel, Y'Shtola, Soleil, Olive, Dark Fina, Minfilia, Fryevia, Ramza, Rain, Ling, Marie, Cerius, Cloud of Darkness, Tilith

#5: Ovelia
    [​IMG]

This princess does her role good. Curaja, Esuna, and remove stone. Nothing to it.

TM: Dreamwaker is neat since it gives MP. Grab it if you can.

Pros: LB heals and boosts DEF and SPR.
    Can remove stone.
    Raise.

Cons: Raise inferior to Full Life.
    Cannot remove disease.
    Low HP and DEF for a 5*.

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Marie, Minfilia, Cerius, Soleil, Aiden, Ramza, Cecil, Charlotte, White Knight Noel, Cloud of Darkness, Tilith

#6: Garnet
    [​IMG]

Dagger is ready to go in. This princess has the ability to strengthen your Esper's attack and she can even fill up the Esper gauge as well! She will have a 6* in the future!

Pros: Raise.
    Can fill up Esper gauge with LB.
    Increase Esper damage.

Cons: Unable to remove status ailments.

Unit Synergy: Rydia, Noctis, Luka, Y'shtola, Aiden, Ling, Soleil, Cecil, Charlotte, Cloud of Darkness, Tilith, Marie, Cerius, Minfilia, Ramza

#7: Aiden
    [​IMG]

He's a surprise. What is interesting about him is that his Burst heal is a Curaja with a random chance of casting either Cheer or Focus. If he gets hit, he can recover back his MP as well.

TM: An auto-refresh is on there, so grab it for your healers to regain MP and to keep on casting heals and other spells or even for your mages.

Pros: Can Revive.
    Burst Heal = Curaja + Random team buff.
    Esuna.
    LB heals and boost team's element resistance.
    Recovers MP if hit.
    Good HP.

Cons: Furious Revive is random and may not be useful.
    Cannot remove petrify and disease.

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Y'Shtola, Ling, Fryevia, Orlandeau, Minfilia, Marie, Cerius, Cecil, Charlotte, White Knight Noel, Snow, Demon Rain, Rosa, Dark Fina, Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Primm, Queen

Honorable Mentions
    Rosa:
    [​IMG]

This princess is a beauty. She is known for being able to recover the team's MP through her LB as well as her MP regen: Bless. Her LB is actually the strongest heal LB right now, with it max, healing everyone's HP by 79% and their MP by 39%.

TM: Strongest bow in the game in term of ATK. This bow is also good with the Bird Killer effect. Even though Rosa can use bows, she will not see much fighting. Therefore, this bow is good in the hands of someone such as Cupid Artemios, Firion and Cupid Luna.

Pros: An MP-Walking Queen with Bless and her LB.
    Good HP and SPR.
    Can remove petrify and disease.
    Dispelga.

Cons: Unable to buff.
    Will not see much fighting or using attack skills since she will be mainly healing and restoring MP.
    Unable to revive.

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Ling, Fryevia, Cecil, Charlotte, Cloud of Darkness, White Knight Noel, Snow, Demon Rain, Tilith, Ramza, Dangerous Ariana, Minfilia, Cerius, Marie, Soleil, Ace, Dark Fina, Emperor, Exdeath, Aiden, Lenna, Queen

Lenna:
    [​IMG]

Will she ever retain her former glory? Lenna is good because she has Cheer. Pretty much it.

TM: Healing is a virtue. With 70 SPR, the Magi Staff brings life. Get it.

Pros: Cheer.
    LB allows her to join a mage team.

Cons: No revive.
    Canot remove stone and disease.
    Cheer use up a lot of her MP.

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Ling, Rosa, Soleil, Lightning, Luneth, Cecil, Charlotte, Cloud of Darkness, Vanille, Ramza, Demon Rain, Snow, White Knight Noel, Rain, Lasswell, Minfilia, Cerius, Marie, Queen

Krile:
    [​IMG]

Krile is interesting for the fact she can be built to become the tankiest healer of them all. She come with her own Dualcast already and with enhancement, she can be your tanky, damage-dealing healer. She can be whatever you like her to be.

TM: Not necessary. No need for Thundaga. Leave that to another mage.

Pros: Dualcast, meaning she can double heal, double damage or damage and heal.
    Enhancements on her Dual Front means more MAG and even SPR when using a staff!
    Access to shield, helms and light armor give her the advantage of being tanky.

Cons: Convert very risky; knocks her HP to 1 in exchange for full MP.
    No buffs.
    No way of removing status ailments.
    No revive.

Esper Synergy: Carbuncle, Ramuh, Shiva

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Aiden, Cecil, Charlotte, White Knight Noel, Cloud of Darkness, Rosa, Hope, Rain, Demon Rain, Minfilia, Y'shtola, Marie, Cerius, Soleil, Emperor, Dark Fina, Ling

Tilith:
    [​IMG]

When in the world her 6* will be released... we'll never know. Like Luka, she has a Curaja + Esuna in her Goddess' Miracle and she can even boost the team's stats and element resistance.

TM: It's like Ribbon.

Pros: Goddess' Miracle removes status ailments and heals.
    Boost stats and element resistance.
    Auto-regen through Pretty Aura.

Cons: Use up too much MP.
    Unable to revive.

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Rosa, Cecil, Charlotte, Snow, Demon Rain, Rain, Aiden, Minfilia, Marie, Cerius, Ling

Cecil:
    [​IMG]

Cecil is most recommended as a secondary healer. Because he is able to tank, he can provide the main healer back-up in case anything happens.

TM: Powerful light greatsword, which you should grab.

Pros: Can mitigate damage.
    High Tide builds his LB gauge.
    LB is one of the strongest buff in the game.
    Focus puts him good in a mage team.

Cons: Unable to make killer passive useful since he will mainly be tanking and/or healing.

Esper Synergy: Golem, Carbuncle

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Aiden, Rosa, Y'shtola, Refia, Luka, Cloud of Darkness, Dark Fina, Minfilia, Marie, Cerius, Tilith, Ling, Rain, Queen, Ramza

Terra
    [​IMG]

Terra is as good as a healer as she is a mage! Since she can use Unlock Magic to have access to dualcast, it means double casting cura and also double casting Full-Life without the need of a dualcast TM!

TM: If you want one of your mage to deal more damage, feel free to grab this, especially for those who can dualcast. Otherwise, it is an average TM.

Pros: Unlock Magic boosts her MAG and gives her Dualcast, Meteor and Chaos Wave.
    50% MAG from passives.
    Can use Ray of Hope to cure everyone of status ailments.
    Carry a Full-Life (With Unlock Magic giving her Dualcast, she can dualcast this spell easily).
    Guardian Mog removes all status ailments on her after each battle.
    Lifesaver increases her LB gauge.
    Since she can use swords, consider using Letters & Arms, especially if you have multiples.
    Can use a light shield for more durability.

Cons: Cannot dualcast Chaos Wave.
    Only knows Firaga.
    No Curaja.
    Unable to wear robes, meaning the only clothes that give Terra MAG is Cupid's Robe, Brave Suit, Vampire Cloak, and Mage's Habit.

Esper Synergy: Ramuh, Shiva, Carbuncle

Unit Synergy: Noctis, Ling, Trance Terra, Refia, Y'shtola, Cecil, Emperor, Exdeath, Dangerous Ariana, Vanille, Minfilia, Marie, Cerius, Aiden, Rain, Ramza

Top NON-TM Units
    #1: Y'Shtola

#2: Refia and Luka

#4: Santa Roselia

#5: Krile

#6: Tilith

#7: Aiden

Non-TM Honorable Mentions
    Terra
    Lenna
    Rosa
    Garnet
    Cecil
    Ovelia

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Demonreach, Jeany1234, Farron and 9 others like this.
  2. Terra

Terra Half-Esper Editor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Terra
    I agree Rosa is underrated, she is very helpful on long drawn fights like the Antenolla battle. Very informative guide by the way! ::kupo::

3. Kira

Kira Active Member Supporter

Leads:
    Elza/Lightning/Luneth
    I also agree with Rosa being so underrated :)!
    Great Job! Thanks!
    ::cactaur::

4. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Thank you. I have finished the guide.

Update:

Added in an "Esper Synergy" for healers who greatly gain more from certain espers.

5. JimmyL

JimmyL Well-Known Member Supporter

TL;DR: Refia has stona, I use her to cure petrified in arena a lot.

I don't waste my accessory slots for elemental protection, she has super high spr magic won't hurt her much, instead I give her muscle belt and moon bracer, and for ability slots, I give her dual cast and 3 hp+15%, that's how I get her tanky.

Zdrerak likes this.
  6. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    @JimmyL she may have high spr, but what about her defense? If you fight in the arena, physical fighters like Lightning can use physical elemental damage to hurt her, which is why elemental protection can make all of that void. Those are situations like that one should keep in mind if ever face such a challenge.

7. JimmyL

JimmyL Well-Known Member Supporter

Actually HP is much more important when facing aoe attackers in arena because their dmg is capped at 999, the important element protection is light and dark since everyone is either using Excalibur or deathbringer, so boosting fire/ice/lightning resist won't help much, for example this week refia has bonus she has 6.5k hp in arena with my setup, no one ever killed her even I go second and lose 1 unit or 2 I can dual cast full life and smash the shit out of them, if I go first I kill most of them before they can act.

8. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Alma is not limited. She is still in the unit pool together with Ramza and Delita.

9. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    That is understandable in the top tier. Building up element against holy and darkness can still help but it differs for each person. You think more in term of the arena, which is fine. I was thinking in terms of Refia being able to heal as much as she can and to survive as much as possible. However, everyone will be building their units so differently and this guide as well as the other unit guides I will be creating is mainly meant to show one how to build and use them to their full capacity even against tough events and bosses. Your Refia is very nice though! My Refia's HP is 4.5K and I'm a F2P.

Update: Added in Ingus as an Honorable Mention.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  10. Farron

Farron Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    083 439 625
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh Luneth
    Woohoo! Rosa finally getting some love. She pretty much carried my team's butt in every event since I got her. I had to bench Tillith, as I don't do "tons of damage" to wipe out everything in 3-4 turns. 2 tanks really hurt DPS but man, they make sure nothing get's KO'd. Also, I always find it funny when Cecil goes to protect his wife but then WoL charges off to protect Cecil.

SummonerBWM likes this.
  11. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Update: Santa Roselia added.

12. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Update: Put each unit's info under spoilers for easier reading and access.

13. Foofur

Foofur New Member

Great job on this thread

14. Herosassin

Herosassin Member Supporter

Global ID:
    788 565 955
    Leads:
    WKN
    Good Job!
    Where's Luka though? I am curious to see where you will put her on your list/guide.

15. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Update: Added Luka. Also added a Pros and cons to each unit.

16. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    Thanks for update!

17. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Major update and revamp of the Healer's Guide. Now based on TM and Non-TMS.

18. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Update: Added Terra. Also added a Non-TM Honorable Mentions Ranking.